+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR after PNP or PR with Express Entry?

lazyguy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
I have completed my graduate school and received PNP which is valid for 6 months, I have started working in a full-time job as well. I am confused between applying for PR with the help of PNP or work for a year and apply for express entry. What path should I take? Also, what is the timeline for getting PR after PNP?

Thanks in advance.

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
have you tried to calculate your score without PNP (as a CEC) and see how much you score? Not many people get this opportunity. If i were you i would grab this with both hands.

lazyguy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
have you tried to calculate your score without PNP (as a CEC) and see how much you score? Not many people get this opportunity. If i were you i would grab this with both hands.
No I havent calculated score yet as will have to give IELTS again for correct score, but thanks for the advice though. Also any ideas on timeline for PR after PNP? are there any groups for people applying for PNP after PR? sorry I am a newbie so want to collect as much information as possible.

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
No I havent calculated score yet as will have to give IELTS again for correct score, but thanks for the advice though. Also any ideas on timeline for PR after PNP? are there any groups for people applying for PNP after PR? sorry I am a newbie so want to collect as much information as possible.
i guess you are an international student in Canada. by the looks of it, PNP applicants are being granted PPR's between 50-70 days

Nishant.

lazyguy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
i guess you are an international student in Canada. by the looks of it, PNP applicants are being granted PPR's between 50-70 days

Nishant.
yes as I mentioned I just finished school(as international student) and am on work permit now. 50-70 days, that sounds great, I guess I should pursue this option. Thanks for the information man.

musaab03

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
yes as I mentioned I just finished school(as international student) and am on work permit now. 50-70 days, that sounds great, I guess I should pursue this option. Thanks for the information man.
I applied for PR with Manitoba PNP in September 2017. They haven't called the medical yet. current processing time is 17 months for paper based application.
I applied for EE on 21 November 2017 and now my EE application is in final stage of security passing all requirements in 20 days only.

lazyguy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
I applied for PR with Manitoba PNP in September 2017. They haven't called the medical yet. current processing time is 17 months for paper based application.
I applied for EE on 21 November 2017 and now my EE application is in final stage of security passing all requirements in 20 days only.
Is there a way to check your status of PR application after PNP? if yes what does it say for you?. So should I start an application for PR based on PNP? and if nothing comes up in a year I should start EE procedure?

musaab03

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Is there a way to check your status of PR application after PNP? if yes what does it say for you?. So should I start an application for PR based on PNP? and if nothing comes up in a year I should start EE procedure?
After recieving PNP , you mail your application with all supporting documents. After 1-3 months you get an AOR through email. Then you create a CIC account and link your application with the help of file number mentioned in your AOR. After linking you can check your file progress online.
you should submit application with PNP. Meanwhile work on your EE profile. It's super fast.

Reactions: lazyguy

lazyguy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
After recieving PNP , you mail your application with all supporting documents. After 1-3 months you get an AOR through email. Then you create a CIC account and link your application with the help of file number mentioned in your AOR. After linking you can check your file progress online.
you should submit application with PNP. Meanwhile work on your EE profile. It's super fast.
Thanks that was really informative.