+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr after application approved question

MiaB777

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Hi

My husband did the landing from inside Canada, at the border at the end of Jan.
He was told by the border officer to expect his card by mail. We haven’t received it yet and I am confused about other ppl post where they mention they link the pr application ?? What is that about ?
From what I know after your application was approved you do landing then wait for your card, am I missing something ? For those who got approved thru express entry, how long before you receive the card in the mail ?
His online status shows approved and has the pr document number showing.
Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

My husband did the landing from inside Canada, at the border at the end of Jan.
He was told by the border officer to expect his card by mail. We haven’t received it yet and I am confused about other ppl post where they mention they link the pr application ?? What is that about ?
From what I know after your application was approved you do landing then wait for your card, am I missing something ? For those who got approved thru express entry, how long before you receive the card in the mail ?
His online status shows approved and has the pr document number showing.
Thanks.
It takes about 58 days (as of now) to receive the PR card.

You can log in into your MyCiC to link the PR card so you know when it is approved.

MiaB777

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
It takes about 58 days (as of now) to receive the PR card.

You can log in into your MyCiC to link the PR card so you know when it is approved.
That’s the part I don’t understand. How do I link the pr card ? It shows me already the document number and that is active and validity.
Thanks for your help

MiaB777

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
The only application I have is the express entry one that was approved and now we have document information Copr. I don’t have another application to link to this.
This is the part I don’t get
Thanks again

MiaB777

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
The express entry application is the permanent residence application and after CORP and landing the card just comes in the mail. Isn’t that so ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The express entry application is the permanent residence application and after CORP and landing the card just comes in the mail. Isn’t that so ?
Well yes, you can leave it at that. It is not mandatory to link your PR card to your account anyways.