+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR activation flagged?

Nicksimp101

Oct 31, 2018
Hi there,

I am in need of some help. Myself and my family arrived yesterday into Canada wand we realised that we left behind out CPR documents. Basically we got a immigration officer giving us a lecture on staying for only few days, she basically did not want to reprint our cprs. We had to make a call right there and then about our future. Basically do we stay in Canada permanently from here on in or not get PR.

We decided then and there we would not return with our return flight and told the immigration officer as such. We got in and have PR now. It was not a great experience.

Our question then is whether this immigration officer could have flagged our PR so that if we were to leave with our original flight our PR would be rescinded?

Canada is vitally important to us and losing PR would be soul destroying. What should we do?

Do you think it will be an issue when we leave? If so, we then do not leave until we have the PR card. Basically if we leave through passport control will they ask to see our pr card? What has been the experience of others doing this?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi there,

I am in need of some help. Myself and my family arrived yesterday into Canada wand we realised that we left behind out CPR documents. Basically we got a immigration officer giving us a lecture on staying for only few days, she basically did not want to reprint our cprs. We had to make a call right there and then about our future. Basically do we stay in Canada permanently from here on in or not get PR.

We decided then and there we would not return with our return flight and told the immigration officer as such. We got in and have PR now. It was not a great experience.

Our question then is whether this immigration officer could have flagged our PR so that if we were to leave with our original flight our PR would be rescinded?

Canada is vitally important to us and losing PR would be soul destroying. What should we do?

Do you think it will be an issue when we leave? If so, we then do not leave until we have the PR card. Basically if we leave through passport control will they ask to see our pr card? What has been the experience of others doing this?
Your PR confirmation would not have been rescinded but she could have declined to complete the landing procedure, as you were not in possession of the required documents. If you are now Permanent Residents, having completed the landing process, you can leave whenever you like. The only question is regarding your PR cards. Was a new photograph taken during the landing, for the reprinted COPR documents, to be used for the PR card creation? Or, were you told that you have to provide one later?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/bulletins-2013/545-modified-december-6-2016.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicksimp101

Nicksimp101

Oct 31, 2018
Thank your fror your reply. We were very fortunate that they took photos of us during the landing. So there is no need to go back to provide them. We even got our SIN number.

So we are OK to leave to finish tying everything up in our old home country and return once our PR cards have been couriered to us?

Many thanks again.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank your fror your reply. We were very fortunate that they took photos of us during the landing. So there is no need to go back to provide them. We even got our SIN number.

So we are OK to leave to finish tying everything up in our old home country and return once our PR cards have been couriered to us?

Many thanks again.
Yes, you can leave and then return.

Reactions: Nicksimp101