+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPT and expiring medical

amirmoei

Sep 26, 2017
Hello to all

I have received the PPR July 17 and my medical expire on the 19th. Since I'm out of the country I cannot submit my passport for another 10 days, at which point my 1 year medical validity expires.

Is there any advice regarding this matter or what actions can be taken?

I appreciate the time
Keivan

scaramouche

Feb 25, 2018
Is there any advice regarding this matter or what actions can be taken?
Hello Keivan,

First of all, congratulations.
Normally you should have your medical results valid for some time after PPR date, because it is one of the factors determining your future entry visa validity period. One of two possibilities here:
1. Your medical expires in 2 days, but it has already been extended by VO.
2. Your medical expires in 2 days, and this fact has been overlooked by the VO, and you will have to re-take the medical examination.

What I would do in your place is:
1. IMMEDIATELY send a CSE via the IRCC web form (should be in PPR message), asking to clarify if you need to take another medical exam, explaining that the current one expires in 2 days.
2. IMMEDIATELY send an email to the VO, with same request.
3. Send an email to VAC(s), asking them to inquire about your medical exam situation with the VO on your behalf (you may send an email to one or all of the VACs mentioned). You can find their contact information on their vfsglobal sites.

If so happens that you do not receive any response within 30 days from either VO or any of VACs, go ahead and submit your documents in order to comply with the deadline, and figure out what to do about your medical later.

Good luck!

Last edited:

amirmoei

Sep 26, 2017
Hi Scaramouche

Really appreciate your response. I'll do as advised and hopefully it'll all be good. Could you just tell me what VO stands for here?