+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR Without Passport

ovosaoleite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Hello there,

We received PPR email last night, but it doesn't mention my common-law partner by name, it only states that I should send the photocopy of my passport and dependents.
My partner is a refugee claimant still waiting for a hearing and the immigration already has his passport. In the application we included his claimant document and the seized passport photocopies. Should we do the same now?
I've seen some Spousal sponsorship threads where people did that, is it the same for Express Entry?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hello there,

We received PPR email last night, but it doesn't mention my common-law partner by name, it only states that I should send the photocopy of my passport and dependents.
My partner is a refugee claimant still waiting for a hearing and the immigration already has his passport. In the application we included his claimant document and the seized passport photocopies. Should we do the same now?
I've seen some Spousal sponsorship threads where people did that, is it the same for Express Entry?
spousal sponsorships can take up to a year starting the date of the application and add to it the refugee status. I don't know. How soon is the hearing?

ovosaoleite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
This was not spousal sponsorship, it was an Express entry, in which my spouse is included. I'm just wondering if in his case we should just send an explanation that he can't get a passport instead.