+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR while travelling for three months (aplpication within Canada)

Qutrit

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be traveling for about 3 months (business trip). I was wondering what would happen if I receive my PPR during that time (I am expecting to receive it soon). Is there any way I could go to the Canadian embassy/consulate of the country I would be visiting at the moment to get my passport stamped?

Any other way to make it work?

Anyone in similar situations? any advice? What do you think I should about it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
Qutrit said:
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be traveling for about 3 months (business trip). I was wondering what would happen if I receive my PPR during that time (I am expecting to receive it soon). Is there any way I could go to the Canadian embassy/consulate of the country I would be visiting at the moment to get my passport stamped?

Any other way to make it work?

Anyone in similar situations? any advice? What do you think I should about it?

Thanks a lot in advance!
If it is 3 months for sure and you cannot cut short the trip, update CIC with your new address immediately after reaching there, that way, if you get PPR within the first month of your stay, you could get the stamping done at your local embassy there, if you dont receive PPR in the first two months, update CIC again with your Canada address so that you could send your passport within the 60 days time frame.

Good luck.

Qutrit

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Thanks a lot... That sounds like a good idea... the problem is that I'll be in several countries during my trip so it may be cumbersome to do that

Do you know how long it takes (on average) from the moment they receive the passport until the moment you get it back?

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
Qutrit said:
Thanks a lot... That sounds like a good idea... the problem is that I'll be in several countries during my trip so it may be cumbersome to do that

Do you know how long it takes (on average) from the moment they receive the passport until the moment you get it back?
Unfortunately it is unpredictable, I received the stamped passports back within 1 week in India while it took 2 weeks for me in Canada.

Good luck.

NGarg

Feb 14, 2014
Don't worry you can travel anywhere in the world without worrying about PPR, once you receive your PPR send an email to cio-ottawa mentioning your current location and ask them to send you an approval letter to get landing visa stamped from a Canadian office in the present country of stay (i.e whichever country you will be at that time).