+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR - UK Citizen

abz1109

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hello,

I am a CEC applicant from the UK currently living in Canada. I have submitted my PR and waiting for PPR update. Once i receive PPR, do i need to send my actual physical passport as i am from the UK? The way i read it was that the UK is visa exempt country therefore i would only have to send a photocopy of my passport, is that correct?

Also, if i send a photocopy of my passport with all other documents, what documents will i receive back from CIC to my home address after submitting?

Thanks in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I am a CEC applicant from the UK currently living in Canada. I have submitted my PR and waiting for PPR update. Once i receive PPR, do i need to send my actual physical passport as i am from the UK? The way i read it was that the UK is visa exempt country therefore i would only have to send a photocopy of my passport, is that correct?

Also, if i send a photocopy of my passport with all other documents, what documents will i receive back from CIC to my home address after submitting?

Thanks in advance!
Hi

You do not send your passport.

You will receive your COPR.

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
I sent colour copies of my ID page and any stamped pages. You also have to send 2 photos meeting their specifications (which are the same as Canadian passport specifications), one of which is signed and dated by the photographer. They must be recent photos.
The then sent you two copies of COPR which you take to the border/ IRCC Office. they ask you to sign them both, keep the one with the picture on it and you are good to go.

All of this is clearly explained in the PPR. Make sure you follow the Xpress post instructions carefully. I asked the lady at Canada Post to check mine before I sent it.

Good luck!

Reactions: Abhi2006

gaiou37

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got PPR and this is what it says:

"If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.
Please note that these instructions apply to passport holders from Mexico as well, who, as of December 1, 2016 , do not require a visa to enter Canada."

I just made copies of the pages now, I'm also from an exempt country.

Cheers :)

Abhi2006

Mar 1, 2016
I sent colour copies of my ID page and any stamped pages. You also have to send 2 photos meeting their specifications (which are the same as Canadian passport specifications), one of which is signed and dated by the photographer. They must be recent photos.
The then sent you two copies of COPR which you take to the border/ IRCC Office. they ask you to sign them both, keep the one with the picture on it and you are good to go.

All of this is clearly explained in the PPR. Make sure you follow the Xpress post instructions carefully. I asked the lady at Canada Post to check mine before I sent it.

Good luck!
Hi

Thank you for the information it is very useful.

Just a quick question, how many days did they take to send you the COPR back as I am in canada and I got my PPR on Thursday. I have travel plans in 2 weeks time. If I send my documents , can I leave canada before I get the COPR??

ddlykitten

Oct 3, 2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
Hi

Just a quick question, how many days did they take to send you the COPR back as I am in canada and I got my PPR on Thursday. I have travel plans in 2 weeks time. If I send my documents , can I leave canada before I get the COPR??
Yes, you can as long as you have a passport in hand. However, double check if's still fine you come back to Canada as a current status when CoPR is already issued in their DB. It might cause an issue they see you as a new PR but you try to enter as a status foreigner.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Assuming you are visa-exempt and don't need to submit your passport, there is no issue with leaving before you get your COPR.

Yes, you can as long as you have a passport in hand. However, double check if's still fine you come back to Canada as a current status when CoPR is already issued in their DB. It might cause an issue they see you as a new PR but you try to enter as a status foreigner.
There will be no issue entering as a temporary resident after the COPR is issued. If CBSA asks, they can simply explain that the COPR is in Canada and they will be flagpoling.

Scmorr

Mar 17, 2017
I wonder if you can help I'm from the UK also and just received the same COPR letter as stated above but I cannot find a link in my CIC account to upload the passport pages?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
I wonder if you can help I'm from the UK also and just received the same COPR letter as stated above but I cannot find a link in my CIC account to upload the passport pages?
You need to send the documents by mail. Read your PPR letter thoroughly everything is explained in there

Scmorr

Mar 17, 2017
You need to send the documents by mail. Read your PPR letter thoroughly everything is explained in there
The email I received said the following

· For citizens using MyCIC AND from a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to Canada –

Please mail/courier only your photos (see ‘STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS’ above). All other information must be uploaded to your MyCIC account.

So my understanding was to mail the Photos Only and Upload the Passport and the COPR email.

But I cannot find anywhere to upload this information on MY CIC account.

I read somewhere that if you do not receive the PPR/COPR through your My CIC and through email only that this upload is not possible, and that you can send these Uploads via a case enquiry form (but I can't seem to find this thread again)

Or perhaps I would just get send with the photos even though the email says not to.

Thanks Again

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017

· For citizens using MyCIC AND from a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to Canada –

Please mail/courier only your photos (see ‘STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS’ above). All other information must be uploaded to your MyCIC account.

So my understanding was to mail the Photos Only and Upload the Passport and the COPR email.

I read somewhere that if you do not receive the PPR/COPR through your My CIC and through email only that this upload is not possible, and that you can send these Uploads via a case enquiry form (but I can't seem to find this thread again)

Or perhaps I would just get send with the photos even though the email says not to.

Thanks Again
From what I've read on forum, people usually just send the documents along with photos. I didn't realize there's an option to upload. My apologies.

Did find another post which might be useful for you. Someone mentioned the upload function doesn't work
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-british-citizen-2017-ppr-request-where-to-send-passport.473937/

Scmorr

Mar 17, 2017

Thanks Again

I think I understand now that because my PPR was not through my CiC account then I follow the instruction on my COPR email and have to send all the documents away via mail as below

· "For citizens not using MyCIC and of a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to Canada (as determined in STEP 2 of this letter) – Via courier or mail directly"

Thanks

Scmorr

Mar 17, 2017
From what I've read on forum, people usually just send the documents along with photos. I didn't realize there's an option to upload. My apologies.

Did find another post which might be useful for you. Someone mentioned the upload function doesn't work
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-british-citizen-2017-ppr-request-where-to-send-passport.473937/
Thanks for your help again that was the thread I has found earlier but lost again.

Safest option send the documents with my photos cant really go wrong there I think.

MartinH1337

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Damn, I uploaded my documents using a CSE and sent off my photos. My photos arrived on Monday, haven't heard anything since....I sent a Royal Mail special delivery envelope with my photos and the tracker hasn't activated.

Anyone know how long they usually take to send the CoPR? I hope that since I put in a CSE there won't be any problems