+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ppr to med expiry

mohammed7037

Jul 15, 2017
Hi Guys,

I need some advice. I got my PPR on 13th november 2017 and i sent the passport next day to Abu dhabi visa office. My medicals were going to expire on 17th nov 2017. Today 28th Jan 2018 I got a message in my CIC account asking me to redo my medicals. I will be giving my medical tomorrow itself. I am now worried what will happen next. If I pass the medical will they give me COPR or will they now do the entire background check etc again? Can someone please advice. They took almost 80 days after getting the PPR to request for a second medical. Please can someone let me know what to expect next.I am quite worried.

Thanks and regards

Reactions: Joshua_Max

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Guys,

I need some advice. I got my PPR on 13th november 2017 and i sent the passport next day to Abu dhabi visa office. My medicals were going to expire on 17th nov 2017. Today 28th Jan 2018 I got a message in my CIC account asking me to redo my medicals. I will be giving my medical tomorrow itself. I am now worried what will happen next. If I pass the medical will they give me COPR or will they now do the entire background check etc again? Can someone please advice. They took almost 80 days after getting the PPR to request for a second medical. Please can someone let me know what to expect next.I am quite worried.

Thanks and regards
Why would you think that they will do the background checks again? Your medical has expired and they need a new one to issue your COPR. That's all.

Reactions: Joshua_Max

mohammed7037

Jul 15, 2017
Why would you think that they will do the background checks again? Your medical has expired and they need a new one to issue your COPR. That's all.
Thanks so much for the reply. I got worried they might do the entire checks again because they took like 80 days after getting PPR to realize and ask me to redo my medicals. Also, I had got an email on 3rd Jan saying in order to extend my medicals I had to inform them about the countries I travelled to since the date of my first medical i.e 16th nov 2016 , which I did. I thought they would definitely just extend it. But after waiting so many days they are asking me to redo medicals. I don't understand why they changed their mind. They could have asked me to do it much earlier. Maybe it doesnt matter at this stage but If they continue being so slow I would be nearing the expiry of my other docs after roughly 3 -4 months such as PCC, education assessments etc. which is getting me worried.Don't know if they need to be valid till I get COPR. Can you please advice.

Thanks and regards

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks so much for the reply. I got worried they might do the entire checks again because they took like 80 days after getting PPR to realize and ask me to redo my medicals. Also, I had got an email on 3rd Jan saying in order to extend my medicals I had to inform them about the countries I travelled to since the date of my first medical i.e 16th nov 2016 , which I did. I thought they would definitely just extend it. But after waiting so many days they are asking me to redo medicals. I don't understand why they changed their mind. They could have asked me to do it much earlier. Maybe it doesnt matter at this stage but If they continue being so slow I would be nearing the expiry of my other docs after roughly 3 -4 months such as PCC, education assessments etc. which is getting me worried.Don't know if they need to be valid till I get COPR. Can you please advice.

Thanks and regards
You have probably been in a risk country since the last medical. You just need to be patient. Your other documents are fine.

mohammed7037

Jul 15, 2017
You have probably been in a risk country since the last medical. You just need to be patient. Your other documents are fine.
Thank you for your reply again.
I only went between UAE and India since my first medical. Both countries should be pretty safe from any risk of diseases I guess. I am being really patient but when I hear stories of people getting their COPR like in 30-40 days max after sending passport I don't get it why they are taking so much time for my application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your reply again.
I only went between UAE and India since my first medical. Both countries should be pretty safe from any risk of diseases I guess. I am being really patient but when I hear stories of people getting their COPR like in 30-40 days max after sending passport I don't get it why they are taking so much time for my application.
India is a risk country, so it is not surprising that they requested a new medical.

Reactions: kcward7

mohammed7037

Jul 15, 2017
India is a risk country, so it is not surprising that they requested a new medical.
Ok thanks for the reply. They are going to send my medicals today to CIC. Actually I need to leave UAE soon i,e on 10th feb as I am on a visit visa which expires soon. I would go to India wait for few days and come back on a fresh visa. My passport is with the embassy as of now and if they don't process it soon I would need to do a temporary withdrawal of my passport and then resubmit it again after coming back. I am worried this might cause more delay. Could you please advice is there anything I can do to speed up the process from my end.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok thanks for the reply. They are going to send my medicals today to CIC. Actually I need to leave UAE soon i,e on 10th feb as I am on a visit visa which expires soon. I would go to India wait for few days and come back on a fresh visa. My passport is with the embassy as of now and if they don't process it soon I would need to do a temporary withdrawal of my passport and then resubmit it again after coming back. I am worried this might cause more delay. Could you please advice is there anything I can do to speed up the process from my end.
No, there is nothing you can do to speed up the process.

mohammed7037

Jul 15, 2017
Ok. Thanks for the reply. Another a silly question. Asking for a temporary withdrawal wont effect my chance right if its an urgent reason I am asking for the passport. I was told by their online support that it depends on the embassy if they want to approve your visa they will ask for passport again after coming or they will just give the passport and wont ask you to return it. This has now got me a bit worried.

Sabin35

Dec 12, 2017
They asked me to send my passport back after they put week expired visa on. I sned on 23jan but haven't got any update since than. I don't know its medcial that expired or its other documents it went wrong no idea they haven't explain or ask for redo medcial. Its so frustrating. Do guys have any ides how long do i have to wait to get visa stamped agin if they want to extend my dates?

Sabin35

Dec 12, 2017
They asked me to send my passport back after they put week expired visa on. I sned on 23jan but haven't got any update since than. I don't know its medcial that expired or its other documents it went wrong no idea they haven't explain or ask for redo medcial. Its so frustrating. Do guys have any ides how long do i have to wait to get visa stamped agin if they want to extend my dates?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No one can tell you how long.

Reactions: amafhh and Sabin35