06-08-2019
Med's Done....
24-12-2019
Passport Req..
17-12-2019
LANDED..........
04-01-2020
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know if this is a PPR. Kindly help we got the below message in our CIC account as For information

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via the IRCC Web Form.  Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;  Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;  Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;  You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

 Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp.  If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. To avoid complications with international travel, it is recommended that your passport(s) be valid for at least 6 months. Your passport must have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if: o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa. o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.  If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months. If you are currently residing in Canada and you intend to travel by air to another country prior to becoming a permanent resident, you will be required to apply and obtain an eTA prior to boarding. ***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2. 2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf 3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope. 4. The completed and signed Annex A listing your current mailing address.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

 If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please inform us immediately via the IRCC Web Form so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.  If you have a mailing address in Canada: - The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier. - Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address: CPC – Ottawa – PR PO Box 8781 Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9 DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.  If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.: - The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A. - Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address: CPCO – PR VISA US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports 365 Laurier Av. West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS. Regards, Case Processing Centre – Ottawa Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Government of Canada www.cic.gc.ca There are free online and in-person services offered by designated settlement service providers that you and your family may be able to access to help prepare you for life in Canada. Visit our website to learn more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

ANNEX A. ANNEXE A. ****************** Email: **************@gmail.com UCI: ******2 PO : CPC Edmonton Application: ************ ******************

TO BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS
I agree that the permanent resident visa will be affixed to my passport and dependents’ passports, if applicable. My Permanent Resident visa and/or confirmation of permanent residence will be mailed to the below Canadian or US address.

VEUILLEZ REMPLIR ET SOUMETTRE AVEC VOS DOCUMENTS. Je consens à ce que le visa de résident permanent soit joint à mon passeport et à ceux des personnes à ma charge, s’il y a lieu. Mon visa de résident permanent et/ou ma Confirmation de résidence permanente seront envoyés à l’adresse Canadienne ou Américaine suivante :

Reactions: YoYo81

ASPR

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know if this is a PPR. Kindly help we got the below message in our CIC account as For information

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via the IRCC Web Form.  Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;  Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;  Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;  You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

 Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp.  If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. To avoid complications with international travel, it is recommended that your passport(s) be valid for at least 6 months. Your passport must have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if: o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa. o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.  If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months. If you are currently residing in Canada and you intend to travel by air to another country prior to becoming a permanent resident, you will be required to apply and obtain an eTA prior to boarding. ***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2. 2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf 3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope. 4. The completed and signed Annex A listing your current mailing address.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

 If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please inform us immediately via the IRCC Web Form so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.  If you have a mailing address in Canada: - The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier. - Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address: CPC – Ottawa – PR PO Box 8781 Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9 DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.  If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.: - The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A. - Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address: CPCO – PR VISA US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports 365 Laurier Av. West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS. Regards, Case Processing Centre – Ottawa Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Government of Canada www.cic.gc.ca There are free online and in-person services offered by designated settlement service providers that you and your family may be able to access to help prepare you for life in Canada. Visit our website to learn more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

ANNEX A. ANNEXE A. ****************** Email: **************@gmail.com UCI: ******2 PO : CPC Edmonton Application: ************ ******************

TO BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS
I agree that the permanent resident visa will be affixed to my passport and dependents’ passports, if applicable. My Permanent Resident visa and/or confirmation of permanent residence will be mailed to the below Canadian or US address.

VEUILLEZ REMPLIR ET SOUMETTRE AVEC VOS DOCUMENTS. Je consens à ce que le visa de résident permanent soit joint à mon passeport et à ceux des personnes à ma charge, s’il y a lieu. Mon visa de résident permanent et/ou ma Confirmation de résidence permanente seront envoyés à l’adresse Canadienne ou Américaine suivante :

congratulations it is PPR

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
Submitted my passport today. A bit nervous about when they will expect me to land, considering my medicals expire early March. Hoping they will give me a bit more time. To get to PPR it took 10 months. It came out of the blue, and am completely unprepared to travel.

Soft landing is of course possible, but will be very expensive for a family to land return and come back again. Hoping for a favorable date
My case is same as you.So what did you do?What was the expiry date written on your copr.Was it march or they extended?Did you do soft landing?If yes did u get your pr card mailed to you? Please guide as I am in too much stress.

azeemmarecan

Aug 23, 2019
Hi, can u share a detailed experience? Is it applicable for the one who don’t have the US visa? Many thanks.
Hi
Sorry for the late reply. To answer your question - No, you dont need to have US visa to flagpole.

We had to Flagpole twice since we arrived very early the first time and were sent. So, I'm sharing my experience chronologically:

First Flagpole:
- We arrived at the US border at around 6.30 am on Wednesday (4-Dec-2019). First question they ask is Citizen of which country. Then they'll ask to state our purpose of visit.
NOTE- Always let them ask you the question first before you answer anything.
- I answered the questions and stated flagpole to land as PR in Canada as the purpose. The agent gave me a white A4 paper which had some tabular column and the word "FLAGPOLE" written on it.
- We had a take an immediate U-turn into the first lane and drive back to Canada.
- When arriving at the border service of Canada, they asked us the purpose of visit. We said to land as PR. Then they'll ask you the standard questions like When did you leave Canada (I said few minutes), any duty free stuff etc.
- They also asked our current status in Canada. We were on WP so we had to provide proof of that
- Once the verification is done, (which should last not more than 2 minutes) They'll give you a yellow slip and ask you to go into the office
- Drive straight, park your vehicle and go into the office
- Once there, the agent collected the white "FLAGPOLE" paper and yellow slip, looked at our docs and said we were too early (6.50 am) and have to leave and come around 8am. And that they may close taking in applicants at 8:07 am. So we got to time when we have to reach there on the dot
- We left, paid the toll CA$5.25, took a U-turn and parked at the Duty free store exactly opposite to the CBSA office.

Second Flagpole:
- We planned to leave the Duty free shop at 7.35-7.40am. However, we noticed an increase in the number of vehicles crossing, and the pile up on the Canadian border service side, so we left at 7.30 itself
- Repeated the same steps as First Flagpole till we reached the Canadian border service side. (There was a long pile up. But it moved at a steady pace)
- We entered at around 8:05am and I was a bit panicky.
- They took our documents, we stated the purpose, gave us a sheet of paper and asked us to write down our Canadian address on that sheet. They asked for a Canadian proof of address- We provided Driver's license and Ontario Photo id
- After reviewing everything, they kept our passports along with CoPR and asked us to wait
- We waited for about an hour before being called by an agent. She asked us to sign on both the CoPR and date it. They kept one copy with them
- They gave us a booklet, our passports with the CoPR stapled to it, congratulated us and said we'll be receiving the card in 6-8 weeks
- We noticed people coming in as late as 9 - 9.30 am as well. It all depends on the number of applications they process and a bit of luck as well.

Tips for success:
1. Ensure you reach there by 8am. You may reach a few minutes earlier and wait in your vehicle as well
2. If you reached earlier, park your vehicle at the Duty Free shop and plan to leave by around 7.30am. But also keep an eye on the cars piling up opposite to you and leave accordingly
3. Based on reading a lot of posts, it looks like the Queenston-Lewiston bridge has lesser people going. So I'd recommend planning to go there.

matti.saemi

Jan 11, 2019
I just want to update my timeline here :
I applied for PNP then Express Entry outside of Canada (Singapore) but I moved to Canada on a work permit so I became inland after changing my address

AOR : March 11th, 2019
PPR : December 4th, 2019
Passport sent: December 5th, 2019
Passport delivered: December 9th
Status changed to approved: Dec 18th
Passport received: Dec 24th

Wish you all luck and happy holidays :)