+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR Journey - PPR in JAN/FEB-19

robertzmj

Nov 19, 2014
Adding on to this:

My wife and I just completed the Flagpole today at the Queenston-Lewiston bridge. It's a relatively simple process. However, the most crucial part of this exercise is to plan your time to reach the Canadian Border within the first few minutes from when it opens - which involves arriving at the US border, waiting in the queue there, taking the U-Turn immediately, waiting in the queue at the Canadian border, hoping the ones in front of us aren't there for CoPR (or at least our turn is still within the quota :D ).

I can share a detailed write-up of my experience if anyone needs more info.
Hi, can u share a detailed experience? Is it applicable for the one who don’t have the US visa? Many thanks.

peace365

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Finally received my passport today. Here's my timeline.

Congratulations Kcanada0119!

I am getting ready to send my passport but have a question and a request.

1. Did you include an 'empty Fedex envelope?'

2. In my PPR email, they haven't asked for Annex A but 'Family Info.' Can you please post 'Annex A'? I tried searching online but in vain.

Reactions: sureshcoim
Dec 16, 2019
Hi, my express entry application has been approved on Dec 6th, still waiting for return tracker to be activated though. Need the passport to fly out on Friday. Usually takes 1 day for post to reach from Ottawa to New York. Hopefully the return tracker is activated today or tomorrow. Anyone in similar timelines?

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
Hi, my express entry application has been approved on Dec 6th, still waiting for return tracker to be activated though. Need the passport to fly out on Friday. Usually takes 1 day for post to reach from Ottawa to New York. Hopefully the return tracker is activated today or tomorrow. Anyone in similar timelines?
One of the member here had similar situation before and he had to call customer care. They will confirm when the copr was printed. Looks like customer care told him it takes anywhere within 3 weeks for VO to send the passport back.

Dec 16, 2019
One of the member here had similar situation before and he had to call customer care. They will confirm when the copr was printed. Looks like customer care told him it takes anywhere within 3 weeks for VO to send the passport back.
Thanks, I got asked for the commercial invoice today, which I sent over. Not sure how long they will take now to dispatch. Usually what time of the day do UPS shipments go out during the day from Ottawa? Any ideas?

Reactions: newcan_2019

newcan_2019

Nov 20, 2019
Thanks, I got asked for the commercial invoice today, which I sent over. Not sure how long they will take now to dispatch. Usually what time of the day do UPS shipments go out during the day from Ottawa? Any ideas?
Cool, how did they contact you? I'm still waiting for my passport, which was delivered on Nov 22nd. I live in the US so sort of stuck for the holidays until it comes back.

garbimba

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
So they finally reached back to me from CPC Ottawa by email after almost a month. Basically I have to resend all documents to get my wife's COPR reissued because it looks like they lost the original one (or don't want to look for it).

All i can say is that I'm thankful she is from a visa exempt country or her passport would be lost as well.

Everything was delivered to them this morning but since I was asked to send to the PR Reissuance section, I'm hoping things go quicker.

I'll give an update in case someone goes through the same issue to get an idea of the wait times.

Dec 16, 2019
Cool, how did they contact you? I'm still waiting for my passport, which was delivered on Nov 22nd. I live in the US so sort of stuck for the holidays until it comes back.
Got an email, sent it over within a couple of hours. The return label hasn’t activated still. Called customer care, she said she couldn’t provide a specific timeline

4preet

Dec 18, 2019
Got an email, sent it over within a couple of hours. The return label hasn’t activated still. Called customer care, she said she couldn’t provide a specific timeline
Same here ...my passport reaches there on 15/11/2019 but till date no update ...It’s almost more than one month...Don’t know what’s going on ?