+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR Journey - PPR in JAN/FEB-19

zphod

May 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Finished my landing at Thousand Island (about 3-hr driving from Toronto) at 5:45 pm. There was only me in the whole building and it just took me 15 mins. Details can be seen in my signature.

Wish everyone gets their golden news nearly soon!!!

Hey Congratulations, you are finally done withe everything. I am waiting for my CoPR (Passport sent on 26th August). Wanted to ask if there was any appointment required at Thousand Island? I am planning to go there too and see what could be the best time to go there. Appreciate your response.

Reactions: JssAmA

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
What really happened when you got to border?
Just trying to figure out at what the officers requested and how things went from there?
I think most of Canadian broader should request passengers to drive. Heading to US broader, I was asked if I and my accompanies had US visa or not (I thought it was not required, thought we all have). Then stopped the car, went to a building, and the US officer would ask the main purpose of the trip/my status in Canada/etc. He or she would issue a white ticket to me. Held this and then backed to the car, and one officer would guide how to drive back to Canadian broader without entering the US.

Then Canadian broader was really straightforward to deal with my landing:
1. asked me to double-check the 2 CoPR paper was correct or not, and to give all my permits no matter they expired or valid;
2. asked me to write the questions on the CoPR with “no” (if no) and initial, and at the bottom full signature and date on it;
3. asked me to write down my address and how much many in my bank account...
After 5 mins wait, it’s done and he gave back my passport along with 1 CoPR (with his writing and signature) and a congratulation template paper with some details regarding PR card and how to keep it after 5 years, etc. He didn’t even mention how and how long my PR was gonna arrive.

Reactions: PositiveEnergy

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Hey Congratulations, you are finally done withe everything. I am waiting for my CoPR (Passport sent on 26th August). Wanted to ask if there was any appointment required at Thousand Island? I am planning to go there too and see what could be the best time to go there. Appreciate your response.
No limit, 24x7, any time. They don’t need an appointment. I left Toronto around 1.30pm, and then finished at the broader around 5pm. I might suggest arriving before 5pm during the weekday if you don’t wanna wait, since I was the only one there. But still, it doesn’t really prolonged and difficult like Niagara. GL!

rose_8080

Jun 7, 2019
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
Cio
No limit, 24x7, any time. They don’t need an appointment. I left Toronto around 1.30pm, and then finished at the broader around 5pm. I might suggest arriving before 5pm during the weekday if you don’t wanna wait, since I was the only one there. But still, it doesn’t really prolonged and difficult like Niagara. GL!
Have you linked all of your PR Card application with yourCIC account?
I just linked one member of my family.

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Have you linked all of your PR Card application with yourCIC account?
I just linked one member of my family.
I am single, and I have tried 5 times to link it but it all went failure. Now it’s locked and need to wait over 24 hours:rolleyes:

Could you teach me how to link it correctly? Really appreciate it!

rose_8080

Jun 7, 2019
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
Cio
I am single, and I have tried 5 times to link it but it all went failure. Now it’s locked and need to wait over 24 hours:rolleyes:

Could you teach me how to link it correctly? Really appreciate it!
I don’t think I knew what skills to link. I did same thing for the four members of my family but only one was successful three failed.
I use UCI and family name to link.
Maybe tomorrow you can try again !

ajroxtar

Sep 5, 2019
Hi Folks,

Anyone here who was asked to resubmit photos after sending Passport.

My timeline (CEC Inland)
PPR - 12th Aug
PP Delivered - 14th Aug
Photo Request - 27th Aug
Photo Delivered - 30th Aug

Awaiting updates since...

namrez

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Does anyone know how long it takes Singapore VO to provide copr? Submitted passport almost 2 weeks ago and no update yet :( worried.

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Does it’s important to tell how much we have in account at border while we do landing?
How much funds we need to have?
Thanks
I don’t think so if you are CEC, but it is important for other stream applicants. I am CEC inland applicant, and I was a little bit surprised of being asked how much I have in my bank account when I did landing 2 days ago. I personally think they probably just want to make sure you have some funds to support your settlement in Canada initially, cuz they didn’t ask or check my proof of funds that I brought with me during the landing process.

If you wanna be safe for landing, here is the reference for how much should be for any specific numbers of people in a family: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

NYC1234

Aug 7, 2019
Updates on my timeline:

AOR - Apr 29, 2019
PPR - July 22, 2019
COPR - Aug 20, 2019 (got photo resubmission)
(Soft) Landing at YYZ - Sep 3, 2019

Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: Jadedrio

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Ok, thanks for that info. Please let me know if you will be able to get a refund for the application fee that you paid for it... thanks and congrats!
I landed on Sept 3, and called them on Sept 4 to withdraw my Visitor Record Extension. She called the CPC-Edmonton office and confirmed my request to be delivered. The refunds would be expected to be back within 16 weeks, and the application would be cancelled around 1 month. But she also mentioned the refund decision would depended on the officer (I believed mine was fine since I submitted on July 17 and they were only processing mid May now based on website timeframe).

It was withdrawn yesterday morning after I got an email saying “they is an update...”

Hope this helps.

Reactions: pochfaye0704

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
I don’t think I knew what skills to link. I did same thing for the four members of my family but only one was successful three failed.
I use UCI and family name to link.
Maybe tomorrow you can try again !
Place of Birth need to be exactly same, if there is a space that also matter, while adding this.

Reactions: rose_8080

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
I think most of Canadian broader should request passengers to drive. Heading to US broader, I was asked if I and my accompanies had US visa or not (I thought it was not required, thought we all have). Then stopped the car, went to a building, and the US officer would ask the main purpose of the trip/my status in Canada/etc. He or she would issue a white ticket to me. Held this and then backed to the car, and one officer would guide how to drive back to Canadian broader without entering the US.

Then Canadian broader was really straightforward to deal with my landing:
1. asked me to double-check the 2 CoPR paper was correct or not, and to give all my permits no matter they expired or valid;
2. asked me to write the questions on the CoPR with “no” (if no) and initial, and at the bottom full signature and date on it;
3. asked me to write down my address and how much many in my bank account...
After 5 mins wait, it’s done and he gave back my passport along with 1 CoPR (with his writing and signature) and a congratulation template paper with some details regarding PR card and how to keep it after 5 years, etc. He didn’t even mention how and how long my PR was gonna arrive.

Congrats one more time again