+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR Journey - PPR in JAN/FEB-19

NYC1234

Aug 7, 2019
My PPR was approved and counterfoil generated on Monday 19 August. However, when I look up the tracking number of the return label that I sent there is no change yet. Any idea why it is delayed?
Hey there - any updates to your return tracker yet? I'm still waiting. Application was approved on Aug 20.

anthonyjr

Jan 19, 2014
SGVO is so slow.
they're holding my passport for exact 4 weeks now. No news, no update, not yet approved
worrying now. I have to travel abroad next week.

Reactions: namrez

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Anyone with passport transmitted to Accra? The only tracking message displayed on VFS website is "Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office, ACCRA..." No further update on the date the passport was actually delivered to Accra like the way other VFS offices do. Is this a problem particular to me or is this a general issue with VFS in Nigeria?

Tevert

Jun 14, 2019
Anyone with passport transmitted to Accra? The only tracking message displayed on VFS website is "Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office, ACCRA..." No further update on the date the passport was actually delivered to Accra like the way other VFS offices do. Is this a problem particular to me or is this a general issue with VFS in Nigeria?
Mine is saying visa application no is being processed at Canadian visa office accra. When did u submit

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Mine is saying visa application no is being processed at Canadian visa office accra. When did u submit
I submitted on 14/08 at VFS Lagos. Tracking message on VFS reads:
Visa application, tracking ID No.20190814GHANPPTXXXXX Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office, ACCRA on 14/08/2019.
When did you submit? Is the message displayed for you different?

Tevert

Jun 14, 2019
I submitted on 14/08 at VFS Lagos. Tracking message on VFS reads:
Visa application, tracking ID No.20190814GHANPPTXXXXX Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office, ACCRA on 14/08/2019.
When did you submit? Is the message displayed for you different?
Submitted on the 16th. The first message was it has been forwarded to Canada visa office accra. Then the latest message is visa application tracking Id is being processed at canada visa office accra.

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Submitted on the 16th. The first message was it has been forwarded to Canada visa office accra. Then the latest message is visa application tracking Id is being processed at canada visa office accra.
This is what I expected too but my application hasn't changed since submission. Perhaps it's still in Lagos. I should have paid in cash at their office. I'm thinking my passports weren't transmitted immediately because I paid by online bank transfer. Did you pay cash?

Tevert

Jun 14, 2019
This is what I expected too but my application hasn't changed since submission. Perhaps it's still in Lagos. I should have paid in cash at their office. I'm thinking my passports weren't transmitted immediately because I paid by online bank transfer. Did you pay cash?
Yes. Cause we were asked to had to go outside vfs to withdraw. I think you can call to verify but I heard it takes 3 weeks for the whole process so we are both within timelines. Dont think you should worry much.

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Yes. Cause we were asked to had to go outside vfs to withdraw. I think you can call to verify but I heard it takes 3 weeks for the whole process so we are both within timelines. Dont think you should worry much.
I called to specifically ask if my passport has been received in Accra and exactly which date the delivery was made. The customer care agent stammered for few seconds before hanging up on me. She obviously had no answer to my question.

Meanwhile, someone already confirmed that they always have issues with bank transfers, that confirming online payments takes them days in the meantime the application will be packed up somewhere. If I'd known that earlier I would have gone there with cash instead. You will definitely get your COPR before despite submitting 2 days later. Btw, has your status on my CIC changed from "submitted" to "approved"?

Tevert

Jun 14, 2019
I called to specifically ask if my passport has been received in Accra and exactly which date the delivery was made. The customer care agent stammered for few seconds before hanging up on me. She obviously had no answer to my question.

Meanwhile, someone already confirmed that they always have issues with bank transfers, that confirming online payments takes them days in the meantime the application will be packed up somewhere. If I'd known that earlier I would have gone there with cash instead. You will definitely get your COPR before despite submitting 2 days later. Btw, has your status on my CIC changed from "submitted" to "approved"?
No not yet