+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR Journey - PPR in JAN/FEB-19

aparajit505

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Passport Sent: July 15
Called IRCC this morning, COPR and Passport counterfoil both have been printed. He said it will take another week or two to get your passport. I exclaimed "One week!." He and I had a good laugh after that.. really nice guy.

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Passport Sent: July 15
Called IRCC this morning, COPR and Passport counterfoil both have been printed. He said it will take another week or two to get your passport. I exclaimed "One week!." He and I had a good laugh after that.. really nice guy.
Congrats!! It won't take 2 weeks, but Monday is a holiday in Ontario which sucks , nothing will get delivered or send out

Reactions: aparajit505

aparajit505

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Got direct landing appointment inland. No PPR or copr :D
You should expect to get your PPR soon. Confirm with them that you dont have to send your passport to Ottawa. If you do, that landing interview is not going to happen as Ottawa will take time to return your passport.

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Guys I received my passport back. Was a bit anxious that package might encounter customs clearance issue because I didn't include any commercial invoice (read a few posts on the forum where folks were asked to email one to CPC-O). But it turned out not to be a problem at all. So I guess if you properly declared the shipment as "Documents" and followed Fedex instructions, which explicitly said that a commercial invoice was not required for non-commodity items such as docs, then it should be fine.

It was great tracking the process with people in the same boat sharing similar kinds of anxiety of waiting in these threads. If you're waiting, I wish you get your docs back asap :)

Delivered to CPC-O 7/12/2019
Received by CPC-O 7/16/2019 [got to know this by calling IRCC]
Approved 7/29/2019 [MyCIC account update]
Return tracker activated 8/1/2019

Last edited:

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Guys I received my passport back. Was a bit anxious that package might encounter customs clearance issue because I didn't include any commercial invoice (read a few posts on the forum where folks were asked to email one to CPC-O). But it turned out not to be a problem at all. So I guess if you properly declared the shipment as "Documents" and followed Fedex instructions, which explicitly said that a commercial invoice was not required for non-commodity items such as docs, then it should be fine.

It was great tracking the process with people in the same boat sharing similar kinds of anxiety of waiting in these threads. If you're waiting, I wish you get your docs back asap :)

Received by CPC-O 7/16/2019
Approved 7/29/2019
Congratulations!! All th best for the new Canadian life:)

Reactions: mbaleine

MeghaThimmappa

Aug 2, 2017

Approved 7/29/2019
Thank you so much for providing the update after every step. It really helped us to get a sense of when we could expect our passports back. Congratulations again.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
Congrats and thank you for sharing the return package & commercial invoice details, I was worried as well.

Approved 7/29/2019

Reactions: mbaleine

biquanbi96

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
You should expect to get your PPR soon. Confirm with them that you dont have to send your passport to Ottawa. If you do, that landing interview is not going to happen as Ottawa will take time to return your passport.

Nope. Pretty sure this is it. Copr will be issued during the appointment.

I live in Ottawa. The email said my permanent residency will be finalized. I know other inland applicants who went to the same process.

I'll let u know on Tuesday

Reactions: Island_vibes

sdsam

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
My return tracker got activated but source location is Montreal. Too weird