Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Any updates from CEC Inland guys? For me it's been a week since I sent the passports to Ottawa but no updates yet.
I sent mine on the 5th and they received it today. Still no updates on my profile yet, so I'm guessing passports haven't been printed/stamped yet

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
oh ok, that sounds good. i am planning for toronto right now to begin with. but if some job opportunities comes up in vancouver then i can move there as well later on.

considering end of march to be close, are you done with ticket, accomodation and commute arrangement in there?
I'm in the Metro Vancouver area. Lemme know if you have any questions!

wnguyen

Jun 26, 2018
Vietnam
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
02-09-2018
Med's Done....
26-09-2018
Passport Req..
12-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2019
LANDED..........
25-06-2019
Hi everyone,

I've received PPR today.

I have an enquiry that needs your support:

- The PPR request passport to be valid at least 12 months. My passport expire on end April 2020 (14 months). I am thinking about renewing before submitting to CIC (in fact the PPR email said that they recommend to renew). If I do renew, must I inform CIC? And I should bring my old passport and submit together as well?

Appreciate your help. It's been a stressful journey I have to say :)

Reactions: TanuP

Vickky339

Nov 22, 2018
Hi everyone,

I've received PPR today.

I have an enquiry that needs your support:

- The PPR request passport to be valid at least 12 months. My passport expire on end April 2020 (14 months). I am thinking about renewing before submitting to CIC (in fact the PPR email said that they recommend to renew). If I do renew, must I inform CIC? And I should bring my old passport and submit together as well?

Appreciate your help. It's been a stressful journey I have to say :)
Relax Buddy ! My heartbeat was even worse when i was in your situation . In my own experience , i would say you don't need to renew it as long as you will make your travel when you at least have 6 month expiry in passport .

My passport has only 3.5 (approx 100 days ) validity . I am CEC inland applicant . I sent my passport for stamping 10 days before and got confirmed by CIC agent that it is completely OK with them to stamp on the passport with less than 6 month .
However they advised my to check with airline if i am planning to travel with passport less than
6 month validity . (Not applicable to me as i am not having travel plans with this passport )

Now my VISA is stamped till the expiry of my passport .

Btw ,If you are going to renew your passport , you must inform CIC .

Reactions: wnguyen

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I'm in the Metro Vancouver area. Lemme know if you have any questions!
Hey, how is Vancouver in general. Is it really expensive as people claim it to be? Can a new immigrant with no job survive there for atleast a month or 2 till he finds a survival job?

Reactions: TanuP

MiguelBelleza

Feb 5, 2019
Hey, how is Vancouver in general. Is it really expensive as people claim it to be? Can a new immigrant with no job survive there for atleast a month or 2 till he finds a survival job?
It depends on how much money and how many dependents he is bringing with him.

BC = Bring Cash