+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR Journey - PPR in JAN/FEB-19

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Wooow, and I have been given 15 days for my wife to submit hers when I haven't even submitted mine.

Pls is that 15 days for Passport submission also 15 Business Days ?
Its 15 days not business days if I am not wrong but don't worry you may get a reply even before that and as you in Canada by using Canada Post Express Post option your passport will reach within a day or two. As also for your wife you can use the fastest available courier option. Also in October Forum I read the latest PPR email has an option of sending email to CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca .You can even try that too.

STEP 2: CONFIRM YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE
If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application. If you and/or your family members are NOT currently residing in Canada, you need to advise us of your current place of residence as this may impact the issuing procedures of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and/or visa. Please advise us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca
***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

tripchip

May 18, 2019
Hi Folks,
Question for those who recently received their COPR in Canada via Xpresspost from CPC-Ottawa. How did they put your address on the return envelope: is it a sticker, or did they print it directly on the envelope, or did they write it in by hand?

I made a mistake by filling in my address on the return envelope, which they ask not to do. Now I'm worried how bad is it and should I try contacting them and explaining the situation. I figure if they stick a label with my address on the return envelope then it won't matter if I filled in my address.

Package delivered to Ottawa on May 14, no change on GCKey so far, return tracker not activated.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Folks,
Question for those who recently received their COPR in Canada via Xpresspost from CPC-Ottawa. How did they put your address on the return envelope: is it a sticker, or did they print it directly on the envelope, or did they write it in by hand?

I made a mistake by filling in my address on the return envelope, which they ask not to do. Now I'm worried how bad is it and should I try contacting them and explaining the situation. I figure if they stick a label with my address on the return envelope then it won't matter if I filled in my address.

Package delivered to Ottawa on May 14, no change on GCKey so far, return tracker not activated.
They stick a label with address on it. You should be fine. First your application should get approved which takes 7-10 days and then more 7-10 days for your return tracker to activate. You should be looking at end of month to receive your passport n COPR.

Reactions: tripchip

tripchip

May 18, 2019
They stick a label with address on it. You should be fine. First your application should get approved which takes 7-10 days and then more 7-10 days for your return tracker to activate. You should be looking at end of month to receive your passport n COPR.
Thanks a lot for the response, looks like I should be fine. I'll give a couple of weeks then before starting to worry about this :)

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
What was the format of your PPR ... ready for visa mail ? Kindly share ... i got update in my CIC account in form of ‘Information Letter’ in following format
The letter states the following:
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. You must complete the following steps within 7 days in order for your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to be issued.
The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) office responsible for issuing you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you shortly to arrange an appointment for your landing.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION
If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca.
 Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
 Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
 Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
 You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application. If you and/or your family members are NOT currently residing in Canada, you need to advise us of your current place of residence as this may impact the issuing procedures of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and/or visa. Please advise us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca
***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
When you receive communication from the responsible IRCC office for your appointment, please make sure to bring the following documents:
1. Original Passport(s) for all people included in the application.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
What does the officer ask in landing interview from FSW inland applicants ? Kindly share experiences ... if anyone after COPR went for PR stamping ... ?

porlo87

Oct 7, 2017
Its 15 days not business days if I am not wrong but don't worry you may get a reply even before that and as you in Canada by using Canada Post Express Post option your passport will reach within a day or two. As also for your wife you can use the fastest available courier option. Also in October Forum I read the latest PPR email has an option of sending email to CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca .You can even try that too.

Thanks Bud. I hope to get a prompt response from them.

Ricky09

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Apart from what we send out (2 photos) with passport, do we need additional Photos when we land in Canada ?

I am asking because I think can go to the shop and ask them to give me 2 MORE photos rather than getting them clicked again.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Apart from what we send out (2 photos) with passport, do we need additional Photos when we land in Canada ?

I am asking because I think can go to the shop and ask them to give me 2 MORE photos rather than getting them clicked again.
There's no need to bring photo when you land. CIC will use the same photo you submitted for PPR. If your photo doesn't meet the requirement, they'll inform you later to submit new photos.

Ricky09

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
If you want to carry extra photos there is no harm. Just that its not needed.
Thanks for the reply. Now, I think it is not required, someone might have just mentioned it.
Better to save money on photos.

Ricky09

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Another question,
Should I take the November bank letter (6 Months old) which I submitted while submitting the application or get a latest Bank letter generated for the first time entry ?