+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR Journey - PPR in JAN/FEB-19

Sammy1988

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
The PPR email says that if you are out of country, and if you are able to submit passport to your nearest location, it would be better. however, communicate to CPC-Ottawa through email id. Most probably you have to submit to NY vfs office, if it is nearest to you. take care. best of luck.
Yup, that's what I thought too.. communicated with CPC Ottawa, they sent updated instructions and asked me to sent PP to them itself directly.
Thank you for the input

Sammy1988

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Dont send your passport directly, I was in the same situation, submit a webform request http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp. I did this and and receive a response in less than a few days, they will issue you a new passport submission letter saying you can submit it to any VFS, once you get the letter, make the appointment to the nearest VFS and submit your passport to them (Im in Vietnam and it is actually just walk-in for passport submission, not sure about your country, check with your nearest VFS to see)
Thank you.. did exactly the same and PP was asked to submit to CPC directly

mitchcrease

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Does anyone know how long it takes for them to mail the COPR for people with visa exempt passports (don't have to send physical passport or get visa attached)?

Adpr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Ita : Jan 30, 2019
Aor: Feb 27, 2019
Medical passed: April 12,2019
Ghost Update: May 13, 2019
Golden Email: May 14, 2019
Passport sent : May 15, 2019
Fsw inland

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
My baby's passport was sent to Ottawa on 6th May and it was received at CPC-Ottawa on 7th May. The application is approved today (15th May). waiting for the return tracker to be activated.:)

Reactions: Tracy0011

ravidgohil@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017
Landed successfully at Queenston-Lewiston Bridge (flagpole) today at 4.23pm (I tried yesterday 3 times and they turned me back) I was at the border at 6.30am and was allowed in at 8 and then long wait of almost 8.5 hours before finall seeing nice lady officer... took 2 minutes to complete the process and we were greeted with a big smile & congratulations for becoming PR... thanks folks

Reactions: Rowdy1313

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
No, not yet.

I'm looking for information on how long it takes after they have received the requested documents. Please note this does not include my passport as I'm visa exempt.

Can anyone help?
Not sure about Visa Exempt but for once they receive the passport it gets approved within 7-10 days and to receive COPR and passport it takes another 7-10 days

pateldixit58

Jul 15, 2014
Hello, I have a quick thing to ask to them, who got approval on CIC, under document status how many documents do you see? Do you see counterfoil and COPR both or just counterfoil? Thanking for your reply

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
Congrats :) Do share your landing experience.
:)Here is the experience I posted in another thread, hopefully might help you guys:

Do not trust them telling you to come later in the day, they have limited quota like 10-15 for all kinds of application (study/work permit, COPR, etc.)

Here is my experience:
I went to Lewiston Bridge on 7th May at 9am, but unfortunately was told that quota has met and perhaps come back afternoon or other day. Then I spent my whole day running through all 3 bridges, all of them said they will open and accept application somehow in the day, but the truth is not, they are just messing with people.

On 8th May I arrived at Lewiston Bridge at 5am and waited in a duty-free mall that has a Starbucks.
At 7:30am, I proceeded to the US border to get the flag pole paper and waited 20minutes to get it.
Finally at 7:55am I entered the Canada border office and proceeded the COPR, overall waited 1 hour to get the COPR done and the congratulations.

Lesson of the day: arrive there early on Wednesday or Thursday, I do not suggest Tuesday because it's the first starting day of the week for them processing COPR, lots of people accumulated

Good luck everyone!

PS: I did the flag pole in and out 3 times, the US officers told me that the Canadian border officers should have let everyone know in advance if they are processing COPR or not, otherwise everyone just keep blindly getting to the US border, which is wasting everyone's time

Reactions: forw.jane