+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR to COPR Journey - PPR in JAN/FEB-19

Sammy1988

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi guys,

I received my ready for visa email. But it says to submit documents at VfS India and should reach Delhi office in 30 days. But I am in US. The web form submitted to ircc post ita for change of address reflects this new US address.
Can I send my passport directly to CPC Ottawa? That's what the agent said but have no instructions how I do it.. anybody from US sent their passport to Canada?
Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance..

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
Hi guys,

I received my ready for visa email. But it says to submit documents at VfS India and should reach Delhi office in 30 days. But I am in US. The web form submitted to ircc post ita for change of address reflects this new US address.
Can I send my passport directly to CPC Ottawa? That's what the agent said but have no instructions how I do it.. anybody from US sent their passport to Canada?
Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance..

The PPR email says that if you are out of country, and if you are able to submit passport to your nearest location, it would be better. however, communicate to CPC-Ottawa through email id. Most probably you have to submit to NY vfs office, if it is nearest to you. take care. best of luck.

aNewLife

Oct 18, 2018
I'm in the same boat as @ScandicGuy and @arslan1990

London VO. Documents and photos sent on April 25, arrived April 26. Still no word. Did either of you get a confirmation that your documents arrived? I didn't. I'm just waiting.

Anyone here got a COPR through the London VO? How long did it take?

ScandicGuy

Star Member
May 4, 2018
I'm in the same boat as @ScandicGuy and @arslan1990

London VO. Documents and photos sent on April 25, arrived April 26. Still no word. Did either of you get a confirmation that your documents arrived? I didn't. I'm just waiting.

Anyone here got a COPR through the London VO? How long did it take?
@aNewLifeFew minutes back myCIC account has been updated, my application is approved and COPR is on its's way by post.

Last edited:

aNewLife

Oct 18, 2018
@ScandicGuy Woo! I just checked mine and it's also approved! :)

However it says that please see the message below but I didn't get any message. Did you get any email or message in your cic account?

Is a COPR something that is only sent to you physically? So far everything connected with the application has been digital. I didn't send in my passport because my country is visa free.

ssmn293

Dec 15, 2018
Guys, just use this webform for anything related to extension, change of passport office and etc. they are very fast, if you want to change the visa processing office, send them an email so they can issue you with a new passport ready for submission letter, once they issue that letter, you can submit your passport to any VFS.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

ssmn293

Dec 15, 2018
Hi guys,

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance..
Dont send your passport directly, I was in the same situation, submit a webform request http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp. I did this and and receive a response in less than a few days, they will issue you a new passport submission letter saying you can submit it to any VFS, once you get the letter, make the appointment to the nearest VFS and submit your passport to them (Im in Vietnam and it is actually just walk-in for passport submission, not sure about your country, check with your nearest VFS to see)

ScandicGuy

Star Member
May 4, 2018
@ScandicGuy Woo! I just checked mine and it's also approved! :)

However it says that please see the message below but I didn't get any message. Did you get any email or message in your cic account?

Is a COPR something that is only sent to you physically? So far everything connected with the application has been digital. I didn't send in my passport because my country is visa free.
I got an email just saying that myCIC account is updated, when I login, my application is approved and there is a letter (where the biometrics Information letter is) with the information that I would be getting CoPR and some other digital form, and some information about landing.

Reactions: Nimrod

aNewLife

Oct 18, 2018
I got an email just saying that myCIC account is updated, when I login, my application is approved and there is a letter (where the biometrics Information letter is) with the information that I would be getting CoPR and some other digital form, and some information about landing.
Ah okay. I didn't get that letter :( Maybe it'll come through today :) Did your letter say when you had to land by? Or is that only in the physical COPR?

Shanaxy

Mar 27, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018

faraday68

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hey Mayanky2m, I got my application Approved today but without any email.

Received Email for passports : April 02

Passports Sent: April 12

Passports Delivered: April 16

Request for sending Passport Photograph again(due to greay background..it was dark white, just wrong photographer i think): April 22

Photographs sent: April 22 Delivered : April 24

Application Approved : May 7th ( Without any email notification though)

Awaiting return tracker to be activated:

Hi Subhan,

Did you get your return tracking update?
For me as well the application got approved on 7th May but no update on return