+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR TO COPR DELAY MARCH 2020 (CEC INLAND)

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
I have also got the same, I just need to send this letter along with the photo right?
The letter you are quoting clearly states that you should send CoPR + photo if you have already received your CoPR. It does not say that the letter itself replaces the real CoPR document.

> ... If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above.

eld43

Nov 18, 2019
Toronto,Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
The letter you are quoting clearly states that you should send CoPR + photo if you have already received your CoPR. It does not say that the letter itself replaces the real CoPR document.

> ... If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above.
The letter has copr document number on left corner, and the letter says you can use copy of this letter for govt purposes, which means I need to send this letter along with photo right? Or I will get a copr letter after information letter

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
The letter has copr document number on left corner, and the letter says you can use copy of this letter for govt purposes, which means I need to send this letter along with photo right? Or I will get a copr letter after information letter
You're jumping to conclusions without reading it in detail. Everything is clearly spelled out. Lets break it down:

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

To me, this means that you can use this letter to apply for a SIN number, medical card etc.

---

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above.

IMO you should not send this letter to get the PR card. Why would it even state "if you have a [CoPR] document in-hand" as a condition if this letter was enough? You need a real CoPR document for this. Whether they would actually accept this letter in place of a CoPR I have no idea. This is a new process and I doubt anyone has given it a try yet.

Last edited:

VivekCanPR

Apr 19, 2020
You're jumping to conclusions without reading it in detail. Everything is clearly spelled out. Lets break it down:

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

To me, this means that you can use this letter to apply for a SIN number, medical card etc.

---

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above.

IMO you should not send this letter to get the PR card. Why would it even state "if you have a [CoPR] document in-hand" as a condition if this letter was enough? You need a real CoPR document for this. Whether they would actually accept this letter in place of a CoPR I have no idea. This is a new process and I doubt anyone has given it a try yet.
Anyone know how to get SIN. I have my SIN based on WP and now have to convert based on PR confirmation email.
1. how can we apply when service canada are closed?
2. how can we delay this process

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Anyone know how to get SIN. I have my SIN based on WP and now have to convert based on PR confirmation email.
1. how can we apply when service canada are closed?
2. how can we delay this process
I believe you can do it online from the Service Canada website https://sin-nas.canada.ca/en/

I am not sure how to delay the process - you would probably have to call Service Canada for details.

Ibrahim1987

May 27, 2020

Hi seaweed,
Thanks this great.
Do you know if we need to sign the CoPR before sending it? I received in the mail on Friday.Please let know. Thanks again.

Harman77

Jun 3, 2018
Hi,
I had sent my kids n wifes PP for COPR to OTTAWA and was received at Ottawa office on 17 March, but today i received Passports back without any Copr. May i know what could be the reason. And i was in india when received PPr and got my COpr from Delhi and now Landed Back on 19th May.

Leodensian

Oct 20, 2016
My case was delayed due to a court case. I actually had my medical last March 2019 and was arrested in Canada in April just after my medical was submitted. Everything was ok in the end (long and expensive) and I submitted my court documents in March 2020 to show no conviction. I have no idea of timelines anymore just that my temporary visa expires in September.

anumohammad

Apr 24, 2019
I'm facing a similar issue, received information document for PR approval on May 29th, 2020 from Hamilton and no clue or update how to proceed further with PPR or COPR. I saw a few comments that based on VO the process seems different.

Can anyone suggest what would the next steps who received approval from Hamilton and processed their applications?

Andrew85

Apr 14, 2020
Anyone hearing anything? Seems like plenty of people who never had PPR are getting confirmation with temporary COVID rules. Seems rather unfair, but I guess they’re just doing their best

Jd10083

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Anyone hearing anything? Seems like plenty of people who never had PPR are getting confirmation with temporary COVID rules. Seems rather unfair, but I guess they’re just doing their best
Submitted app early October 2019 and send passport copy for ppr march 11 and heard nothing since. Meanwhile lots and of people who applied in november getting automatic landing and copr with no ppr. I'm happy for them getting through this long dreadful process but it's also very frustrating waiting. I can understand prioritizing returning physical passports but seeing applications that got no ppr is frustrating

Andrew85

Apr 14, 2020
Submitted app early October 2019 and send passport copy for ppr march 11 and heard nothing since. Meanwhile lots and of people who applied in november getting automatic landing and copr with no ppr. I'm happy for them getting through this long dreadful process but it's also very frustrating waiting. I can understand prioritizing returning physical passports but seeing applications that got no ppr is frustrating
Agreed, I know the position IRCC is in isn’t easy, but now I’m on implied status I’m nervous. I know several people who’ve had work visa rejected for minor reasons. Of course were that to happen I’d lose the right to work.

Never expected to be in this position when I applied in September!