+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR TO COPR DELAY MARCH 2020 (CEC INLAND)

Rosethequeen1

Apr 21, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Toronto
Hi guys,
For those who are inland and submitted CoPR and photos for them and their dependents to get thier physical PR card as per the new process. I have 2 questions.
- Did you use a specific courier or just Canada post? I see some ppl used UPS (not sure why)
- Did you send all the documents and photos for all the family members together?

If you received instructions from IRCC, share it please...

Did you receive already that request to do that? Can you share timeline on Ppr? Please? I got my passports back And COPr but havent heard from them again... should I expect Email or phone call? When were you notified?

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Ibrahim1987

May 27, 2020
Hi guys,
For those who are inland and submitted CoPR and photos for them and their dependents to get thier physical PR card as per the new process. I have 2 questions.
- Did you use a specific courier or just Canada post? I see some ppl used UPS (not sure why)
- Did you send all the documents and photos for all the family members together?

If you received instructions from IRCC, share it please.

Thank you so much for your help in advance!

SsidHU

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019
Hi Guys,

Canada Post lost my passport and COPR. My passport was stamped by CPC ottawa ON 13th May,2020 and sent back to me. When I am tracking my mail, Canada post's website is saying it has been delivered on the 26th may,2020. Unfortunately, I have not received it. I am really worried. I contacted Canada post and they are not helping much, they are not even confirming the address. The tracking info says it has been delivered in the community mailbox but its not there.

Please advice me what should i do. :(

marianarakel

May 11, 2020
Hello everyone! We received our passports and COPR today. I checked yesterday on Canada Post track system and I had nothing. However, it was delivered to us today and when I entered the number again on the CP track system it said it had been sent on May 25th. It seems Canada Post is not working as usual. They log delayed info or something.
We don't know how to proceed from here. We received no new instructions due to covid19. The letter just says the same as always: go to IRCC office or (re-)enter Canada, both things impossible to do. We'll contact our lawyer and/or IRCC through the web form and let you know if we have any new information. Good luck to all!

Rosethequeen1

Apr 21, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Toronto
Hi Guys,

Canada Post lost my passport and COPR. My passport was stamped by CPC ottawa ON 13th May,2020 and sent back to me. When I am tracking my mail, Canada post's website is saying it has been delivered on the 26th may,2020. Unfortunately, I have not received it. I am really worried. I contacted Canada post and they are not helping much, they are not even confirming the address. The tracking info says it has been delivered in the community mailbox but its not there.

Don't panic. I understand your stress but there is a lot of confusion these days... same happened to me with drivers licence sent for suspension... apparently got lost and I placed a claim online on canada post and finally it appeared ... so dont lose your faith. Go to the location you sent it Is what I did... they helped me track everything back and forward...
Deep breath, give some days...

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hello everyone! We received our passports and COPR today. I checked yesterday on Canada Post track system and I had nothing. However, it was delivered to us today and when I entered the number again on the CP track system it said it had been sent on May 25th. It seems Canada Post is not working as usual. They log delayed info or something.
We don't know how to proceed from here. We received no new instructions due to covid19. The letter just says the same as always: go to IRCC office or (re-)enter Canada, both things impossible to do. We'll contact our lawyer and/or IRCC through the web form and let you know if we have any new information. Good luck to all!
congrats, what's your AOR?

seaweed123

May 13, 2020
Hi Guys,

Sorry to hear that. I can't remember if Xpresspost mail requires signature on delivery. If so, you should be able to download the signature from the page where you track the package and maybe get some hints as to who may have signed for it. In either case, get in touch with Canada Post to get help tracking it down.

Chimera29

Jul 11, 2019
Hi Guys,

I just got an "information letter" in my CIC account today. It states:

"
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above.
"

I'm wondering is this PPR? It does not request passport or copies of passport but only need a photo send to local office at Hamilton...Or is it a CoPR? It has CoPR document # printed on the top left corner. No other updates/documents received before this letter. I am inland applicant, AOR 06-Nov-2019, Med 29-Nov-2019.

Thanks!
LY

Congratulations! I believe the process is different for folks, based on VO? Unsure.

I had the PPR on Monday after a couple of months of delay post Medicals, didn't receive any COPR # like the other folks have mentioned in separate threads. I've sent my passports/photos/return address form.

Oh how I wish I got the same letter as you :)

eld43

Nov 18, 2019
Toronto,Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Congratulations! I believe the process is different for folks, based on VO? Unsure.

I had the PPR on Monday after a couple of months of delay post Medicals, didn't receive any COPR # like the other folks have mentioned in separate threads. I've sent my passports/photos/return address form.

Oh how I wish I got the same letter as you :)
I have also got the same, I just need to send this letter along with the photo right?

eld43

Nov 18, 2019
Toronto,Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

I just got an "information letter" in my CIC account today. It states:

"
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above.
"

I'm wondering is this PPR? It does not request passport or copies of passport but only need a photo send to local office at Hamilton...Or is it a CoPR? It has CoPR document # printed on the top left corner. No other updates/documents received before this letter. I am inland applicant, AOR 06-Nov-2019, Med 29-Nov-2019.

Thanks!
LY
I also got the same , so we just need to send this to the vo with photo graph right?

eld43

Nov 18, 2019
Toronto,Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I didn't say anything about passport , it says you are now officially permanent resident of Canada , I got the information letter with copr document number

Chimera29

Jul 11, 2019
I didn't say anything about passport , it says you are now officially permanent resident of Canada , I got the information letter with copr document number
Congrats to you too, but, you reply to my comment was in agreement that you did get a passport request.