+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR TO COPR DELAY MARCH 2020 (CEC INLAND)

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
I received a phone call to verify my status and my family details (if we are inland applicants and everyone is in Canada). Then he said he is approving my case. Received PR confirmation letter :)
Passport sent on 16th Mar and reached Ottawa office on 18th Mar.
Finally things worked. Good luck to others who are waiting.
congrats, what's your AOR?

fara81

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
I received a phone call to verify my status and my family details (if we are inland applicants and everyone is in Canada). Then he said he is approving my case. Received PR confirmation letter :)
Congrats, Did you have interview appointment that got cancelled? Do you have CoPR on hand? What is the CoPR expiry date?

Jd10083

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I don't think we are forgotten. It makes sense to prioritize processing of cases where physical passports were sent, especially since there's no way of doing an actual landing now anyways.

I'm curious if anyone who sent a passport copy have contacted IRCC or CPC Ottawa regarding case status? I'm holding off because I don't want to burden them.
I gave them a ring today as I had some other questions. Regarding issuing copr or landing all they could say was that everything has been approved and I just need to wait.

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
I gave them a ring today as I had some other questions. Regarding issuing copr or landing all they could say was that everything has been approved and I just need to wait.
Did you happen to have any updates about 'approval' on your CIC account?

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Congratulations!! and Thank you for wishing us good luck.
If you don't mind, could I ask if you sent original passports or passport copies?

florindel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello,
AOR July 2019
MEP August 2019
Medical extended on March 2020
Copr in May 2020
Thank you for sharing your information.
If you don't mind, could I ask you what's meaning of 'Medical extended'?
Does this mean, by any chance, that CIC extended the validity of the medical examination because it had passed one year?

Reactions: jsidhu1

jsidhu1

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Thank you for sharing your information.
If you don't mind, could I ask you what's meaning of 'Medical extended'?
Does this mean, by any chance, that CIC extended the validity of the medical examination because it had passed one year?
yes right. my medical was expired in feb 2020 and cic extended the medical

Reactions: florindel

VivekCanPR

Apr 19, 2020
Congrats, Did you have interview appointment that got cancelled? Do you have CoPR on hand? What is the CoPR expiry date?
I did not get any COPR before. But the confusing part is on this PR confirmation letter, they called our COPR letter # on top left corner.
This letter states i am eligible for all PR benefits, so i am guess the COPR step and sending photo for landing is not needed.

I might have to call them to confirm tomorrow.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hello,
AOR July 2019
MEP August 2019
Medical extended on March 2020
Copr in May 2020
Hi. What does medical extension means ? When I applied on April 20, 2020. My spouse had 5 month 28 days remaining validity remaining. Do u think theh would ask her a fresh medical or extend that one may be ?

jsidhu1

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Hi. What does medical extension means ? When I applied on April 20, 2020. My spouse had 5 month 28 days remaining validity remaining. Do u think theh would ask her a fresh medical or extend that one may be ?
In covid situation we cannot say anything about medical extension. Its upto the officer to extend medical. sometime they ask to redo it. Usually they go with extension. You will be contacted if new medical needed.

Reactions: Walle_007
Apr 21, 2016
Just got an email from CIC asking to confirm my address because my documentation was done and they will mail me. Have no idea if it's just my passport or the PR card too.