+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR TO COPR DELAY MARCH 2020 (CEC INLAND)

samex

Dec 22, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Sept 2019
Doc's Request.
OcT 2019
Med's Done....
05-10-2019
Passport Req..
05-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2020
Hi guys,

My situation below:

Request for passport Received(Toronto): March 4, 2020
Passport Sent & received by CPC Ottawa: March 9,2020
Application approved and passport stamped: March 13,2020

Problem: Return tracker still not activated (today is 23 march,2020). Passport stuck at CPC Ottawa.

As per some previous threads Return tracker get's activated after 3 days from application approval. Is anyone facing the same situation or anyone can give some info. as to how I inquire about my passport.(Canada post won't take any liability unless return tracker is activated).

Thanks,
Samex

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
Hi guys,

My situation below:

Problem: Return tracker still not activated (today is 23 march,2020). Passport stuck at CPC Ottawa.

As per some previous threads Return tracker get's activated after 3 days from application approval. Is anyone facing the same situation or anyone can give some info. as to how I inquire about my passport.(Canada post won't take any liability unless return tracker is activated).

Thanks,
Samex
I feel you; it even more struggling given they are not operating the client support lines as well. Hope you get soon! Hand in there!

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
Hi guys,

My situation below:

Thanks,
Samex
Did you get PPR as "Information Letter" in the "Messages about your application"? or something else.

Reactions: samex

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hi guys,

My situation below:

Thanks,
Samex
Hi Samex, has anything changed for you since Monday? My situation is pretty similar. Pp was received by Ottawa on March 11th. I am still waiting for the tracker to be activated.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
Hi guys,

My situation below:

Thanks,
Samex
under current circumstances, it will take more than now. please wait for tracker update.

samex

Dec 22, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Sept 2019
Doc's Request.
OcT 2019
Med's Done....
05-10-2019
Passport Req..
05-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2020
I received my passport along with copr and an instruction letter. However I’m not sure if they are booking any Landing appointments right now. And I cannot do flagpoling since borders are closed to non-essential work. Should I raise a web form? Or wait for the corona virus to settle down and let them open their offices.

Reactions: shireendeshmukh

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
I received my passport along with copr and an instruction letter. However I’m not sure if they are booking any Landing appointments right now. And I cannot do flagpoling since borders are closed to non-essential work. Should I raise a web form? Or wait for the corona virus to settle down and let them open their offices.
Approved 3/13 and COPR/ PPR received in hand when?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

1. What good would a web form do? All appointments are cancelled and you can't flagpole. Don't tie up the system asking questions you know the answer to.

yusuf96

Jul 27, 2014
I'm an inland applicant and received PPR a few weeks back and have sent my passport copy + photos (delivered March 17) I just have a couple of inquiries:
1) What is a return tracker? I see stuff about it everywhere!
2) When should I expect a response and will they notify by email?
3) Will it be a problem that my photos were stamped with just the date and not the name of the studio?
4) Is it a problem if the address I put is not in my name?

Thank you!

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I'm an inland applicant and received PPR a few weeks back and have sent my passport copy + photos (delivered March 17) I just have a couple of inquiries:
1) What is a return tracker? I see stuff about it everywhere!
2) When should I expect a response and will they notify by email?
3) Will it be a problem that my photos were stamped with just the date and not the name of the studio?
4) Is it a problem if the address I put is not in my name?

Thank you!
Hi Yusuf,
1) The return tracker is a prepaid return envelope that you should have sent along with your passport. Just as how you sent off the passport & you were able to track it, the request was for you to track it when it is being sent back to you. You should have requested that from the post office.
2) The tracker allows you to know when it is being sent back to you. However, you should see an update in your profile when you receive the COPR.
3) I do not know
4) The address is for wherever you want them to send the passport, so it should not be a problem.

yusuf96

Jul 27, 2014
Hi Yusuf,
1) The return tracker is a prepaid return envelope that you should have sent along with your passport. Just as how you sent off the passport & you were able to track it, the request was for you to track it when it is being sent back to you. You should have requested that from the post office.
2) The tracker allows you to know when it is being sent back to you. However, you should see an update in your profile when you receive the COPR.
3) I do not know
4) The address is for wherever you want them to send the passport, so it should not be a problem.
Thanks a lot for your reply!! So I had a friend mail my documents so unfortunately cannot be sure if he used a correct return envelope as required, would it normally say on the canada post tracking page that this is a return envelope even before tracking is activated? Also any idea if the current situation with COVID means they have stopped processing applications? Thanks again!

Last edited:

wittytweety

Jun 27, 2019
Hi guys,

My situation below:

Thanks,
Samex
Hey
Can u let us know the timeline of your process ? As in when did u receive ITA etc ?

samex

Dec 22, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Sept 2019
Doc's Request.
OcT 2019
Med's Done....
05-10-2019
Passport Req..
05-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2020
Hey
Can u let us know the timeline of your process ? As in when did u receive ITA etc ?
Yes for sure.
ITA : 2 Oct, 2019
Doc Submitted : 12 Oct 2019