Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
How long was it for everyone to get there passports back after a PPR??? Also was your Ecas file updates to decision made when they requested our Passport? We all need some insight!

coljhag

Feb 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
Doc's Request.
01-05-2013 (Fee for Backgrnd verification)
AOR Received.
13-03-2013 (BOG)
File Transfer...
25-02-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2013
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-09-2013
Hi Jennpenn,

As far as I know, the average time it takes for the Bogota VO to returns passports is the 3 weeks, some taking up to 4 weeks. We haven't receive a request for them yet. Here hoping to hear from the VO in the next 3 weeks.
Good luck!

How long did it take from when you paid the background verification fee to when the VO requested the passport?

Jennpenn

Oct 23, 2012
QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2012
File Transfer...
05-05-2012
Med's Request
16-09-2012
Med's Done....
20-09-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
It took 10 weeks from the time they received the backround verification fee! He should be getting his passport today hopefully so that will be 2 weeks !! Ill keep you posted!

Jennpenn

Oct 23, 2012
QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2012
File Transfer...
05-05-2012
Med's Request
16-09-2012
Med's Done....
20-09-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
He got the passport today...... :D He will be landing on monday yay!!!!! ;D

lanegrapaisa

Dec 19, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you guys can help me with something; I am in Medellin, Colombia and in the process of getting my permanent residency. I've received my passport request;

"This refers to your application for a Canadian Permanent Resident Visa. We are now ready to issue you and your accompanying dependents (if applicable) Permanent Resident visas.

Please submit submit the original passport (s) for yourself and all your accompanying dependents (if applicable)

Please send the passport(s) as soon as possible, as the validity of the visa(s) is limited and will usually not be extended. Any delay on your part will reduce the time you have to go to Canada and land as Permanent Resident(s). Should you not submit your passport(s) before the end of validity of your visa(s), we would assume that you are no longer interested in pursuing your applications and your application would be closed.

In order to return your documents, please send us a FEDEX account number or a DHL prepaid air-waybill. Also, please send us your updated contact information. Thank you."

I've been trying to send my passport for 2 days to no avail; FedEx, DHL, Deprisa, Servientrega, TNT and Coordinadora all say they either no longer provide the prepaid air-way bill or don't handle passports for security reasons.

Does anyone know of another courier company that can provide this service?

Thank you in advance for your help,

LNP

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Hi Lanegrapaisa that's an interesting one. I have never heard of any courier company that doesn't provide pre-paid waybills or does not accept passports for delivery. Have you tried calling the visa office and ask them for another alternative of payment? Go to the courier company again and just tell them it is an application of some sort. Make sure it comes with a tracking waybill that must be signed by a party at the other end. Lastly check on the internet and see if you can create a prepaid waybill and put it in the envelope to the same destination that the passport is going to. There must be a way.
I will probably be running into the same situation since I am sponsoring my wife from Envigado just around the corner from Medellin. :) Thanks

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Hi
It's interesting you got a letter requesting PPR. I just got a one-line request by email. I was able to send my passport from Canada using a Fedex pre-paid airway bill. At least, I just filled out the airway bill upon pickup of my package and wrote my credit card information on it. I didn't need to fill out a nything online so not sure why you were told that by Fedex.

lanegrapaisa said:
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you guys can help me with something; I am in Medellin, Colombia and in the process of getting my permanent residency. I've received my passport request;

"This refers to your application for a Canadian Permanent Resident Visa. We are now ready to issue you and your accompanying dependents (if applicable) Permanent Resident visas.

Please submit submit the original passport (s) for yourself and all your accompanying dependents (if applicable)

Please send the passport(s) as soon as possible, as the validity of the visa(s) is limited and will usually not be extended. Any delay on your part will reduce the time you have to go to Canada and land as Permanent Resident(s). Should you not submit your passport(s) before the end of validity of your visa(s), we would assume that you are no longer interested in pursuing your applications and your application would be closed.

In order to return your documents, please send us a FEDEX account number or a DHL prepaid air-waybill. Also, please send us your updated contact information. Thank you."

I've been trying to send my passport for 2 days to no avail; FedEx, DHL, Deprisa, Servientrega, TNT and Coordinadora all say they either no longer provide the prepaid air-way bill or don't handle passports for security reasons.

Does anyone know of another courier company that can provide this service?

Thank you in advance for your help,

LNP

lanegrapaisa

Dec 19, 2010
It seems companies don't provide the same services in all countries or maybe the requirements to open an account in each country are the problem.

FedEx does provide the service here but only if you have an account, and you can only open an account if you're a company with a Tax ID and everything.

I seemed to have found a solution; I asked a lady on a travel agency to help me send the passport through them and charge me for the service; they usually provide the service only for people who've done the whole process with them and I did it all by myself (Damn my independent ways!).

I'll keep you updated on how it works out.

For now, I'll keep dreaming of a white Christmas :D

caman05

Aug 12, 2013
lanegrapaisa said:
It seems companies don't provide the same services in all countries or maybe the requirements to open an account in each country are the problem.

FedEx does provide the service here but only if you have an account, and you can only open an account if you're a company with a Tax ID and everything.

I seemed to have found a solution; I asked a lady on a travel agency to help me send the passport through them and charge me for the service; they usually provide the service only for people who've done the whole process with them and I did it all by myself (Damn my independent ways!).

I'll keep you updated on how it works out.

For now, I'll keep dreaming of a white Christmas :D

So were you able to send your passport? How did you solved the situation??

Hope everything works fine for you! :)

lanegrapaisa

Dec 19, 2010
Hi caman05,

I finally paid a travel company to do the service for me; they have a guy who goes to the embassy everyday to drop off and pick up passports they've sent to the visa office. However, though I had to provide a power of attorney to the man on my name, he still had to provide the embassy with the blessed prepaid envelope and so, he used Servientrega, which had previously told me they didn't provide the service.

About a week or so after, I received a big envelope with my COPR and passport in it. (YAY!!!!!)

I had convinced myself to wait till the end of September to travel but I feel like a kid the night before going to Disney, I want to go NOW!

I purchased my ticket yesterday and will be landing on the 20th of this month. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Saludos.