+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR return envelope issue.. please advise!

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
My friend recently received his PPR email and sent his passport yesterday. However, he mistakenly wrote his address on the return envelope. The annex states to leave return address blank. He's in AB right right now on a short trip and he decided to write his AB address. His permanent address is in ON. I think the procedure has been changed when sending passport nowadays.
Would there be any issue when he filled out the return address? Does CIC put a computerized label or hand written label on return envelope?
Please advise. Thanks

bskap

May 17, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
biz said:
My friend recently received his PPR email and sent his passport yesterday. However, he mistakenly wrote his address on the return envelope. The annex states to leave return address blank. He's in AB right right now on a short trip and he decided to write his AB address. His permanent address is in ON. I think the procedure has been changed when sending passport nowadays.
Would there be any issue when he filled out the return address? Does CIC put a computerized label or hand written label on return envelope?
Please advise. Thanks
Call Cic and explain the situation and they can let you know, if it's ok or you have to send other Xpress Canada Post envelope. The address they sent passport back is one you write in Annexure form .

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Please advise. Thanks
Hi biz,
May i know what was the solution, I also sent the envelop with address by mistake.. will there be any problem if we write address on the return envelope??

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Please advise. Thanks
really? they ask you to leave it blank? anyway I dont think I wrote anything actually the UPS tore guy did everything for me - but I am not sure - maybe he (UPS guy) out my address as retrun address. But why is this an issue? I mean at the end of the day the purpose of the return envelope is to retrun your passport to your desired address so what is the problem in you writting the desired return address on the envelope?

Madhan.bhe

Nov 17, 2016
Please advise. Thanks
I have the same issue, How did your friend resolved this issue...is it delayed process...please reply me.

Madhan.bhe

Nov 17, 2016
Hi biz,
May i know what was the solution, I also sent the envelop with address by mistake.. will there be any problem if we write address on the return envelope??
I have the same issue, How did you resolved this issue...is it delayed process...please reply me.

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
I have the same issue, How did you resolved this issue...is it delayed process...please reply me.
It didn't delay the process. He received his PP back.