+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR Request?

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would like to know a brief info about Passport Request (PPR)

what does it actually mean? does it mean that positive decision has been made and please send the passport for visa stamping? OR someother ?

also

how much later can we send our passport to the Visa Office once we get a PPR letter ? one month later/two month later ?

I am kinda stuck in complex situation in which I think I have to leave my employer first and then have to do some employer related corrections in my passport (occupation correction) and finally send the corrected passport to the Visa office ?

In short, I assume its not possible for me to get my visa stamped over my passport first and then quit my job (as they can ask me to show my passport when quitting and upon seeing visa there, things can go a bit much worst for me) its better for me to leave my job, get clean late first, do the occupation correction in my passport and then have my visa stamped over the passport

value suggestions required pertaining to the above mentioned scenario :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is exactly what PPR means. CIC will provide you 30 days time to submit the passport. It is further complicated for applicants based outside North America because they have to request CIC to stamp their passports at the nearest LVO. CIC typically takes 2-7 days to acknowledge and confirm this request following which it takes the LVO 7-14 days to stamp and return the passport to the applicant.

There might not be enough wriggle room after getting PPR.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
That is exactly what PPR means. CIC will provide you 30 days time to submit the passport. It is further complicated for applicants based outside North America because they have to request CIC to stamp their passports at the nearest LVO. CIC typically takes 2-7 days to acknowledge and confirm this request following which it takes the LVO 7-14 days to stamp and return the passport to the applicant.

There might not be enough wriggle room after getting PPR.
so should I resign earlier? I even don't know whether my application would hit the PPR stage or not ?

so I would be F****D up if I quit my job and application also drains up [I would be out optioned then]

and If I don't resign and get the PPR , 30 days wouldn't seem much to me for quitting job , performing correction and sending the PP?

hmm ? :(