+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR REQUEST: REPRESENTATIVE OR APPLICANT?

Sue2017

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Would the PPR request/letter be emailed to the Representative or Applicant?

My useless lawyer isn't able to pull up my application information on MYCIC/GCKEY although it is linked to his portal account on MYCIC/GCKEY; he's claiming it's been like that for almost a month now and IRCC is "looking into it" but it only occurred to him that he hasn't had access to "10-15" of his client's applications when I emailed him 2 weeks ago and asked for a screenshot of our application status and he stated he's having login issues and can't provide me that information! I went into his office today and he stated it'll take 2 more weeks like seriously?

I don't want my husband's application process to be delayed because of his incompetence and login issues! I'm thinking of removing him as our representative; he's been completely useless in the whole process; he stated it'll take 18 months to process anyways and don't expect anything soon; very unprofessional and not sure where he gets his information from. Does anyone know how long it takes to remove a representative?

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017

My useless lawyer isn't able to pull up my application information on MYCIC/GCKEY although it is linked to his portal account on MYCIC/GCKEY; he's claiming it's been like that for almost a month now and IRCC is "looking into it" but it only occurred to him that he hasn't had access to "10-15" of his client's applications when I emailed him 2 weeks ago and asked for a screenshot of our application status and he stated he's having login issues and can't provide me that information! I went into his office today and he stated it'll take 2 more weeks like seriously?

I don't want my husband's application process to be delayed because of his incompetence and login issues! I'm thinking of removing him as our representative; he's been completely useless in the whole process; he stated it'll take 18 months to process anyways and don't expect anything soon; very unprofessional and not sure where he gets his information from. Does anyone know how long it takes to remove a representative?
Hey Sue, the email for PPR will go to him. Keep checking ECAS to see if it has changed to Decision made, it takes roughly a week from then to get the PPR email.Also check the automated status messages, you will know the change in BGC.

Sue2017

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hey Sue, the email for PPR will go to him. Keep checking ECAS to see if it has changed to Decision made, it takes roughly a week from then to get the PPR email.Also check the automated status messages, you will know the change in BGC.
Hey! Congratulations on your DM! So, will the PPR request go to the applicant? My representative is stating our application information isn't showing up on his GCKEY; which means if IRCC is sending correspondence; the lawyer isn't getting it!

Did you end up removing your representative from your application? I am seriously debating removing him even though I'm at the final stage!

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Hey! Congratulations on your DM! So, will the PPR request go to the applicant? My representative is stating our application information isn't showing up on his GCKEY; which means if IRCC is sending correspondence; the lawyer isn't getting it!

Did you end up removing your representative from your application? I am seriously debating removing him even though I'm at the final stage!
Thanks Sue! The PPR will go to your lawyer if he is your rep. Most lawyers do not link the application so that they receive all correspondence thru email and thus do not miss out on any communication. What does your ECAS state? Did u check the automated messages on the call centre no?

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
I linked my husband's application even though we have a representative. I somehow get the emails too.

Sue2017

Apr 30, 2017
Category........
FAM
I linked my husband's application even though we have a representative. I somehow get the emails too.
I tried linking it but this is what I got:

Disassociate Representative

Based on the information you entered, we found: 1 application

We see that you have a representative tied to this application. Your representative has access to your application.

If you no longer want to use a representative and access the application yourself, you can cancel your representative by filling out the Use of a representative form [IMM5476] (PDF, 647.96 kb) and choose "cancelling the appointment of a representative.

Would this completely remove him from my husband's application as our representative? Or just MYCIC?

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Cancelling the representative should give you back control of communication. So that would include my cic.

mayaN_1

Jun 17, 2017
Thanks Sue! The PPR will go to your lawyer if he is your rep. Most lawyers do not link the application so that they receive all correspondence thru email and thus do not miss out on any communication. What does your ECAS state? Did u check the automated messages on the call centre no?
Hi, my lawyer didnt link the application to GCkey" is there any possibility to do it by myself.. Thanks

Williams123

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018

Had the same issue with my lawyer.I removed him as my husband representative, I'm now his rep. It takes a week for them to add you.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....