+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR Request Question

Azurego

Jun 3, 2017
Hey everyone,

My wife just got her PPR, and we are confused upon something. We are allowed to choose one of the following methods for sending our passport information in; DHL, FedEx, or UPS. We chose DHL for the pre-paid airway bill, but what has us confused is when it says "Via DHL: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid electronic airway bill provided by the company (www.dhl.com).". Now we know that we have to send them our physical package as it says "All required documents must be submitted in one single package with a pre-paid airway bill, as explained above.", but where do we send them the scanned copy they asked for? Do we upload it onto the cic website or do we just photocopy it and put it into the package?

If we do have to upload the scanned copy of the pre-paid airway bill, do we have to upload anything else to the cic website along with it?

Thank you everyone!

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
Where are you sending from? USA? Why choose DHL if it has an extra and confusing step?

The following is what we did and perhaps may not help you but I'll leave it here anyway in case someone else can be helped by it.
We sent our PPR stuff using FedEx from the USA using a FedEx envelope with "International Priority" with return service. The return envelope was also a FedEx envelope but it was slightly smaller so it could fit inside the envelope going to Ottawa.

If you set up a FedEx shipping account then you can choose the option to have all postage (both directions) paid by account and you can even print the postage paid labels at home, or at the kiosk at the FedEx store. "International Priority" cost $43 from Washington State to Ottawa and it arrived and was signed for in less than 24 hours.

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hey everyone,

My wife just got her PPR, and we are confused upon something. We are allowed to choose one of the following methods for sending our passport information in; DHL, FedEx, or UPS. We chose DHL for the pre-paid airway bill, but what has us confused is when it says "Via DHL: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid electronic airway bill provided by the company (www.dhl.com).". Now we know that we have to send them our physical package as it says "All required documents must be submitted in one single package with a pre-paid airway bill, as explained above.", but where do we send them the scanned copy they asked for? Do we upload it onto the cic website or do we just photocopy it and put it into the package?

If we do have to upload the scanned copy of the pre-paid airway bill, do we have to upload anything else to the cic website along with it?

Thank you everyone!
Hi! Great question. I also need that same answer. Please members, thanks for your prompt response. Cheers!

Azurego

Jun 3, 2017
Where are you sending from? USA? Why choose DHL if it has an extra and confusing step?

The following is what we did and perhaps may not help you but I'll leave it here anyway in case someone else can be helped by it.
We sent our PPR stuff using FedEx from the USA using a FedEx envelope with "International Priority" with return service. The return envelope was also a FedEx envelope but it was slightly smaller so it could fit inside the envelope going to Ottawa.

If you set up a FedEx shipping account then you can choose the option to have all postage (both directions) paid by account and you can even print the postage paid labels at home, or at the kiosk at the FedEx store. "International Priority" cost $43 from Washington State to Ottawa and it arrived and was signed for in less than 24 hours.
Afternoon Jordo. My wife is sending it from Peru to Mexico City. Our application was sent to Mexico City and both places have a DHL. We don't have any other choice. This is are options to send from what was written:

"A pre-paid airway bill which is a prepaid envelope from an international courier service company
such as DHL, UPS, Fedex, etc; in order for us to return your documents. Please ensure that the
courier company used has service available in Mexico. Should you choose UPS, FedEx or DHL for
your shipment, please follow these recommendations:
 Via UPS: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid airway bill provided to you by the company
(www.ups.com).
 Via FedEx: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid electronic airway bill provided by the
company or send us by e-mail the international account number of this company in order for the airway
bill to be issued. If the account number is not registered to your name (example: registered under a
friend’s name, etc.) you will have to provide us with authorization from the account holder. Please be
advised that the documents will be sent to the country of origin of the account holder (www.fedex.com).
 Via DHL: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid electronic airway bill provided by the
company (www.dhl.com)."

We are wondering how we should send a scanned copy? through uploading? or e-mail?

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Afternoon Jordo. My wife is sending it from Peru to Mexico City. Our application was sent to Mexico City and both places have a DHL. We don't have any other choice. This is are options to send from what was written:

"A pre-paid airway bill which is a prepaid envelope from an international courier service company
such as DHL, UPS, Fedex, etc; in order for us to return your documents. Please ensure that the
courier company used has service available in Mexico. Should you choose UPS, FedEx or DHL for
your shipment, please follow these recommendations:
 Via UPS: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid airway bill provided to you by the company
(www.ups.com).
 Via FedEx: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid electronic airway bill provided by the
company or send us by e-mail the international account number of this company in order for the airway
bill to be issued. If the account number is not registered to your name (example: registered under a
friend’s name, etc.) you will have to provide us with authorization from the account holder. Please be
advised that the documents will be sent to the country of origin of the account holder (www.fedex.com).
 Via DHL: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid electronic airway bill provided by the
company (www.dhl.com)."

We are wondering how we should send a scanned copy? through uploading? or e-mail?
Double thinking about this issue, I would just have my husband send the scanned copy via email. There is not only an auto reply instantly and it feels more secure than web form. But again, if anyone has experience on this pls let us know asap! Thx

Azurego

Jun 3, 2017
Thank you Manzana for supporting this question, I tried searching earlier on forums but couldn't find anything. Would love to have some support on this question.

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Thank you Manzana for supporting this question, I tried searching earlier on forums but couldn't find anything. Would love to have some support on this question.
No problem. I had put this issue aside as my husband thought of sending within the pkge a copy of the airway bill but when I read your post I was like.. yeah.. i need to know this too lol

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hello again,

My husband just went by DHL and asked what the procedure is with this scanned copy of the airway bill. They will scan it for him and he will send it from his personal email to the MVO email address. According to the person my husband spoke to, the mere reason they do this is to compare this electonic scan to the real one that rests on the retun envelope. So, I guess issue solved! Just thought of letting you know.

Vitam

Feb 7, 2017
Hello! I am also sending my PP from Peru. Where in Mexico are you sending it? Is it the VFS or Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193?

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hello! I am also sending my PP from Peru. Where in Mexico are you sending it? Is it the VFS or Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193?
Hi Vitam,
You are to send it to the Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra full address. And don't forget that crazy prepaid envelope. Cheers!!

tlauster

Mar 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
19-09-2017
Passport Req..
20-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2017
LANDED..........
03-04-2018

I used FedEx too. How long did it take for them to send your COPR after receiving your package? It says they signed for the package on Dec 12 and I've been checking the tracking # for the return package and it has not be sent yet.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
I used FedEx too. How long did it take for them to send your COPR after receiving your package? It says they signed for the package on Dec 12 and I've been checking the tracking # for the return package and it has not be sent yet.
Mexico VO sent our passport back about 2 weeks after receiving it. You should get yours back after the New Years for sure. I guess with Xmas holidays it got delayed a bit..

Reactions: tlauster

FRAN1992

Dec 19, 2016
we send our documents using fedex. In the package they included te prepaid electronic both way electronic airway bill inside son that mexico could send us back our documents. The only copy I received was the one that I paid in order to send it to mexico. Is this the one they need?

Via FedEx: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid electronic airway bill provided by the company or send us by e-mail the international account number of this company in order for the airway bill to be issued. If the account number is not registered to your name (example: registered under a friend’s name, etc.) you will have to provide us with authorization from the account holder. Please be advised that the documents will be sent to the country of origin of the account holder (www.fedex.com).

rebeccaps

May 26, 2017
Peru/Canada
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
08/05/2017
Doc's Request.
09/05/2017
We also just sent my husbands passport and documents from Peru! Using DHL! After we sent the package, we emailed the scanned copy of the receipt to Mexico.

Hey everyone,

Thank you everyone!

rebeccaps

May 26, 2017
Peru/Canada
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
08/05/2017
Doc's Request.
09/05/2017
Hi Vitam,
You are to send it to the Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra full address. And don't forget that crazy prepaid envelope. Cheers!!
I also just sent my husbands to Peru. Please email me thee details once you completed! I would like to compare experiences. I didn't see them put an actual envelope in the package. But he gave me a copy of what he said is the prepaid return bill with info FROM: Mexico TO: Peru. So it seems correct. But he said I had to for the return when I pick it up.

So please email me! I'd like to here your experience in Peru too! rebecca_p@rogers.com