+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR REQUEST......DILEMMA ON SENDING PASSPORTS TO CHC ACCRA!

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Hi All,

I got my passport request on Nov 11 2008. I was told to send in passports to CHC Accra by 'pre-paid' return courier within 60 days. This is to enable them issue visa and send passports back to me by courier as they do not send passports by regular mail.

However, I have inquired from both DHL and Fedex (2 of the leading courier agencies in Nigeria) and they have both claimed that I cannot do a 'pre-paid' return courier between Nigeria and Ghana as it involves sending package internationally. They are willing to send the passports to CHC Accra but said that the return of the passports can only be paid for in Ghana.

Now, this is the dilemma......CHC Accra wants passports sent by 'pre-paid' return courier which doesn't seem possible as far as the courier agents are concerned. I have sent 2 e-mails to CHC Accra explaining the situation and proposing that they communicate to me the time that I can come physically with the passports for visa stamping and collecting passports same day. I have tried to call their phone lines but it keeps saying that they do not handle queries pertaining to immigration visa on the phone again. They haven't responded to the e-mails as usual but my concern is that the 60 days is fast counting away, what do you advise that I do in this regard?

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
However, I have inquired from both DHL and Fedex (2 of the leading courier agencies in Nigeria)
-Are you residing in Canada? If yes, contact DHL/Fedex in Canada. There is option to pre-pay and getting the envelop.

bodmasade

Oct 31, 2008
Hello A-Square, if you live in Nigeria, you can go to any DHL or FEdx office to make PickUP arrangements with them at the canadian embassy in Accra.
they will help you topick your passport up after the visa has been stamped on it.
A-square ,i will like to have your contacts detail because am about submiting my application i accra but i need information on how i can get the draft to pay them in Accra.
pls post your number

Am still in Nigerian now.
Bode

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
worst case,Go to Accra,Visit Fed EX office,Prepay envelope and hand deliver to CHC ask Fed Ex Accra if this is possibile

soj

Feb 23, 2007
Asquare,i think Dhl does that,ask them to pick up your passport once ur visa has been issued.Dhl will ask for the address,telephone no x the peron to ask for.i paid Dhl in abuja to pick up medical instruction in accra x it was done so i think u should go back to Dhl x sort out things.Pls put ur names x the immigration file no there,all Dhl has to do is give ur names x file no to the person at the front desk.cheers

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Soj,

Pls how do I get the name and phone number of the contact person at the CHC Accra that DHL will pick up the stamped passports from? Is it that it is anyone they meet @ the front desk?

maheshkella

Jul 19, 2007
Can you please tell me that HRSDC (human resource department of Canada) requires that Physicians have to be Licensed to work in Canada.But is it the requirement of immigration Canada that a Doctor applying from Pakistan (who has the membership of Pakistan Medical and dental council)who is authorized to work in Pakistan has to to be member of Canadian authority to regulate doctors or has to pass the exam of Canada before immigration is done or he is not required to pass those exam before Immigration is done?

maheshkella

Jul 19, 2007
Do doctors need Canadian License for immigration purpose

Can you please tell me that HRSDC (human resource department of Canada) requires that Physicians have to be Licensed to work in Canada.But is it the requirement of immigration Canada that a Doctor applying from Pakistan (who has the membership of Pakistan Medical and dental council)who is authorized to work in Pakistan has to to be member of Canadian authority to regulate doctors or has to pass the exam of Canada before immigration is done or he is not required to pass those exam before Immigration is done?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for immigration without being licensed. You can get PR and move to Canada without being licensed but if you want to work as a physician in Canada, you will need to get licensed.

You can see http://www.workdestinations.org/home.jsp?lang=en for licensing info in different provinces. From what I've heard, it's not easy to get licensed as a physician in Canada. Some physicians get licensed to work as nurses because it's easier and do that in the meantime. Some choose to go work in hospital administration instead.

Tessi

Nov 28, 2008
A-square/Bodmasade/Soj,

I think I'll need you guys assistance as well in processing these Canadian docs. Am about starting my application process and would like to know if you handled these yourselves or with the aid of a consultant.
Thanks~

don_c

Nov 20, 2008
ATTN:A-square. Congrats

Please can you share your time line? When did you have your medicals? Submit application etc.

How long was you application from start to finish and when did the status change on e-cas.

You can send the passport to CHC and then include a note for them to send you an email when its ready for collection. DHL, UPS, FEDEX only goes ones and if its not ready you will need to pay again for them to retry.

Cheers and good luck in Canada

soj

Feb 23, 2007
Asquare,anyone at the desk should take care of this.

tessi,i applied through a lawyer but later took it up myself