+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR request and spouse in a different country

indiauscanada

Oct 5, 2017
We are pursuing express entry with perspective score of 454. I work for an Indian company and currently on break for an year suppose to rejoin in Feb2018. Right now I am accompanyinj my husband in US on H4 and he works full time for US company in H1B. My question is related to final process of PPR and me at that time in India and he being in US. How do we deal with sending passports to the same location while being in different countries. Please provide your inputs. Thanks on advance

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
Once you get the email for PPR you will be instructed to immediately get back to them about any request. I had a similar situation so I explained and they were very prompt and sent another ready for visa email which my husband used that was directed to the Canadian embassy in that country

Easy beeeezy

best500

Dec 25, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Passport Req..
3-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-12-2017
We are pursuing express entry with perspective score of 454. I work for an Indian company and currently on break for an year suppose to rejoin in Feb2018. Right now I am accompanyinj my husband in US on H4 and he works full time for US company in H1B. My question is related to final process of PPR and me at that time in India and he being in US. How do we deal with sending passports to the same location while being in different countries. Please provide your inputs. Thanks on advance
Passports of PA and dependants can be sent to different visa offices.
As mentioned above, once you get a ppr email, send a request email saying accompanying spouse is in a different country. You should then receive another ppr request email within a few days-this time from the visa office of the accompanying spouse- with instructions on how to submit their passport.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Once you get the email for PPR you will be instructed to immediately get back to them about any request. I had a similar situation so I explained and they were very prompt and sent another ready for visa email which my husband used that was directed to the Canadian embassy in that country

Easy beeeezy

How long did it take for you to receive a new ready for visa email? And what email address did you send the email to? I am in the same situation with PPR for Ottawa so I can send my passport from US but wife is in home country and can send passport to local office.

Dave Fuller

Mar 19, 2020
Passports of PA and dependants can be sent to different visa offices.
As mentioned above, once you get a ppr email, send a request email saying accompanying spouse is in a different country. You should then receive another ppr request email within a few days-this time from the visa office of the accompanying spouse- with instructions on how to submit their passport.
I am in the main applicant residing in India and my spouse is in another country. During the PPR While sending it to different locations will it affect my 20days time frame? Will they wait till my spouse's passport reaches the other visa office? Kindly clarify the same