+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR received - where to submit passport?

samsingh123

Jul 24, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have received PPR on July 22nd. My situation:

- I am citizen of India. Therefore, I need to send my passport to IRCC.

- I presently reside in USA. However, I may have to move back to India in a week or two, depending on how my visa situation resolve here.

Therefore, I am very uncomfortable to send my passport to them from USA as I may have to travel soon, and if I travel using a travel certificate, I will not be in USA to collect my passport back. Should I request them to provide me instructions to submit passport in India? But, in case my visa in USA does get extended I will not move back to India, so in that case will I still be able to use the USA instructions to submit my passport?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
How much time do you have between finding out about your US visa status and your passport submission deadline.

They say it takes around 7 days (practically less than a month) to get your passport back after submission for visa stamping.

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
I’d be very careful with submitting to Ottawa given that the processing time at the moment (July 2019) at Ottawa is anywhere between ~3 weeks to a month after passport delivery.

samsingh123

Jul 24, 2019
How much time do you have between finding out about your US visa status and your passport submission deadline.

They say it takes around 7 days (practically less than a month) to get your passport back after submission for visa stamping.
I have around 2 weeks between knowing my US visa status and the passport submission deadline.

samsingh123

Jul 24, 2019
Should your US visa be rejected, don’t you have an allowance before you really have to leave the States?
I will have 15 days to leave US. Therefore, I get around a month total time for passport to come back. Do you think it will be enough time?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Do you think it will be enough time?
That depends on where you have to send your passport to.

Again, it can take as short as 7 days and generally shorter than a month to get your passport back.

Find your visa office’s processing time. That should help you decide.

andygill11

May 5, 2018
Don't risk sending it to Ottawa right now as their processing time from delivery to return is >3wks. I would say wait until you have a clear direction on where you will be depending on your US visa status. Email CPC-O right now for extension of PPR explaining your situation and they are usually good with it.
If after 1-2 weeks you do have to go back to India then email CPC-Ottawa again via the email address mentioned on your PPR and raise a a CSE.that you will be in India and if you can get permission to submit it to NDVO.

Hope everything gets sorted soon.

Good Luck!!

gillA

Jan 10, 2017
Hi ...I am in the similar situation .. I applied for study permit in India and now I am in usa received ppr .. per instructions I can submit to India ... so would want to know if u got ur visa stamping from India in ur case and cud u guide me through

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi ...I am in the similar situation .. I applied for study permit in India and now I am in usa received ppr .. per instructions I can submit to India ... so would want to know if u got ur visa stamping from India in ur case and cud u guide me through
Hopefully it’s not too late for you to raise a web form to inform of the change in your location of residence. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp Unless you’re just on a vacation in the US then requesting for extension would make sense.

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
Is it correct, that after RFV email passport can be submitted to any VFS in the world? With no need to go to the VFS in the country of residence.
I heard that you should pay additionally in case if the VFS office is different from the one where biometrics was submitted, but is it the only problem?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Is it correct, that after RFV email passport can be submitted to any VFS in the world? With no need to go to the VFS in the country of residence.
I heard that you should pay additionally in case if the VFS office is different from the one where biometrics was submitted, but is it the only problem?
While you can submit it any where in the world. If someone has a change in address, one has to inform IRCC.