NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-11-2017
Hi guys,

We received PPR recently and are about to submit passport for CoPR. As we got our PPR after 9 months of AoR, my medicals will expire pretty soon, meaning that we will have to land in winter.

Is there any way to avoid it?? Can I put a request application along with my passport to extend the entry visa validity till June-July?? Does it work this way??

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Unless you have a compelling circumstances like pregnancy, they will never postpone that date. If you notice your COPR, it would be clearly written so. Winter won't be an excuse for sure!

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hi guys,

We received PPR recently and are about to submit passport for CoPR. As we got our PPR after 9 months of AoR, my medicals will expire pretty soon, meaning that we will have to land in winter.

Is there any way to avoid it?? Can I put a request application along with my passport to extend the entry visa validity till June-July?? Does it work this way??
When you are going to Canada then winter can't be an excuse :)
Jokes apart, please raise a CSE and see if you are suggested any way out.
You have 30 days to submit your PP for the PPR. That's sufficient time to get some help by raising CSE.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hi guys,

I dont think your medicals are part of the equation. Once you get a COPR you need to land before that date. If you want to land later you would need to have a valid reasons and you then write to CIC to ask for an extension. Alternatively you can do a soft landing with your dependents and then come back again. However this way is troublesome as you would need to have a Canadian address for the PR card to be mailed to within 61 days (if all is in order). Then you need to find a way to get your PR card so that you can easily get back in.

Dec 17, 2018
Hi ,
I sent my passport to IRCC on August 13, 2021 for stamping under spousal sponsorship and they didn't issue a visa because my medical will expire on Oct 14, 2021. there is still 11 weeks to expire.

Please help if you have any idea what to do in this situations.
Thanks you.