+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR Received - December 19, 2017.

mudassirm

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hi Guys, lets create a new thread for applicants who received PPR in December 2017.

I have two questions:

1) I have applied for PR for myself and my spouse but I received the PPR with only my name and application number. do I submit the passport for both of us.?

2) while applying for the PR my wife was in India and I was in Canada ( Work permit).. Now we're both in Canada, she is on visitor visa. Do I have to update the CIC with the details or should i just submit the passports?

Please help.

dilibaba

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Hi Guys, lets create a new thread for applicants who received PPR in December 2017.

I have two questions:

1) I have applied for PR for myself and my spouse but I received the PPR with only my name and application number. do I submit the passport for both of us.?

2) while applying for the PR my wife was in India and I was in Canada ( Work permit).. Now we're both in Canada, she is on visitor visa. Do I have to update the CIC with the details or should i just submit the passports?

Please help.
Congratulations
1) the email only contains principal applicant's information but they have all information at the back end so all is good.
2) send both passports to cpc Ottawa with a cover letter explaining your situation . They are smart enough to understand.

Best of luck

somu1987

Dec 1, 2016

I have two questions:

Please help.
Hi ,
Congrats . Could you please post your timelines as when did you submit your PR application , when was the medicals approved , the date on which you received email for PPR .

rahul123b

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Hi All,

I too received on 19th Dec. Time line below:
AOR - 12th Aug
MEP - 12th Sep
ADR - 12th Sep
PFN - 20th Sep
NADR - 30th Nov
PPR - 19th Dec

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul

Reactions: Tomi2

mudassirm

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hi ,
Congrats . Could you please post your timelines as when did you submit your PR application , when was the medicals approved , the date on which you received email for PPR .

There you go. See below:
AOR - 15 Nov
Medical- 22Nov
PPR - 19th Dec

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
PPR Dec 19
Passport sent Dec 27
Delivered Dec 29
It will be a long wait.

surya450

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
March 16 2016@PNP CIC
Nomination.....
January 2016@ AINP
AOR Received.
14-Apr-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-May-2016
Med's Request
4-oct-2017
Med's Done....
12-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
28-01-2018
PNP: AINP
Visa office: Delhi,India
Decision Made: Dec 19 2017
Passport Request(PPR): Dec 29 2017
Passport Sent: not Yet
Passport deliverd: not yet

rahul123b

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Hi All,

I received a mail today saying " Your application has been finalized and we will return your passport shortly. Please allow at least 2 business days for the tracking information to register on Canada Post website".

Actually while sending my passports, I forgot to sign on Annex A, so I sent a mail to them explaining this. I got above message as a reply for my mail. My passport was delivered on 28th December only. So it took a 5 working days for me.

One more info, As per CIC account, I am still in IP2. I think that will change once they actually send my passport back.

Regards,

Rahul

Dec 9, 2017
Hi All,

I received a mail today saying " Your application has been finalized and we will return your passport shortly. Please allow at least 2 business days for the tracking information to register on Canada Post website".

Actually while sending my passports, I forgot to sign on Annex A, so I sent a mail to them explaining this. I got above message as a reply for my mail. My passport was delivered on 28th December only. So it took a 5 working days for me.

One more info, As per CIC account, I am still in IP2. I think that will change once they actually send my passport back.

Regards,

Rahul
Hey Rahul,

Jus wanted to ask did you already receive your passport?

And did you send them a follow up email?

Regards,
Sarbjeet Singh

rahul123b

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Hey Rahul,

Jus wanted to ask did you already receive your passport?

And did you send them a follow up email?

Regards,
Sarbjeet Singh
No Sabarjeet, Not yet :(.

Somebody told me that it takes around 20 days once your application is approved. So I am just waiting. Hopefully it will happen soon...I will keep you posted....

Regards,

Rahul

bambii__

Nov 15, 2017
No Sabarjeet, Not yet :(.

Somebody told me that it takes around 20 days once your application is approved. So I am just waiting. Hopefully it will happen soon...I will keep you posted....

Regards,

Rahul

Hi Rahul,

By approved do you mean PPR? If not, then normally how do we find out if our application is approved? Thanks!

Dec 9, 2017
Anyone received PPR on 15th December?
That was the best gift ever on my Birthday. Haha

I submitted passport on 17th to VFS , delivered and processing began at 18th.

Up till today I am waiting for a response I got caught up in the holiday weeks.

Regards

rahul123b

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Hi Rahul,

By approved do you mean PPR? If not, then normally how do we find out if our application is approved? Thanks!
Actually I forgot to sign on Annex A so I sent mail to CPC Ottawa explaining my situation and they replied me below answer

Your passport was received on December 28th, 2017 at our office. Your application has been finalized and your passport will be returned to you shortly. Please be advised that we still send your passport back with the address listed on the Annex without your signature.

If you included a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope, your passport will be returned using this envelope. If you followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery on the Canada Post website. Please allow at least 2 business days for the tracking information to register on their website.

By looking at above reply, I assumed it is approved. What do you say?

Regards,

Rahul