+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR received but late submission

jlyang

Jul 13, 2018
Hello ,

Mine is similar situation, I got my PPR on 2nd April and the application status was not updated and still showing as In Progress.
Yesterday I checked my mail and they told me to send passport to nearest VFS office and also mentioned that within 30 days of receipt of this mail it should reach Delhi High commission. Today is 27 and saturday so Pune VFS is closed. I will submit on 29th then , will it be ok in this case
Also I am not sure weather this the exact mail for PPR, as there is no bar code in it. But they did mentioned UCI and Application number in it.

And mail starts as follows :

Dear Mayuri Patankar:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports

• VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for thePassport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

• Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

• Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
  • There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
  • We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs

Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Hi! I'm not an expert, but based on the timeline since you mentioned you received your email on April 2 and will submit on April 29, it's not yet past the 30-day deadline.

Backup30

Jun 18, 2019
Hi
I received the Passport request on May 14. I missed my 30 day deadline. How did you request for an extension?

Rabstatic

Aug 29, 2019
Is it possible for me to submit my passport even when I exceed my 30 day deadline? Im currently here in the Philippines and Im still waiting for my re entry visa to return back to canada. Would cic consider my application for extension? Pls need help T.T

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Is it possible for me to submit my passport even when I exceed my 30 day deadline? Im currently here in the Philippines and Im still waiting for my re entry visa to return back to canada. Would cic consider my application for extension? Pls need help T.T
Yes, raise a cse.

Sam Lyvannak

Aug 9, 2022
Hi, the email of CIC Ottawa: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Make sure to include the following details in your email to prevent further delays:

• Name of Applicant
  • DOB of Applicant
  • Passport No.
  • Nationality
  • File Number or UCI/Client ID Number
  • Online application reference number
  • Type of application (work permit, study permit or visitor record,etc)
  • Date that the application was submitted
Thank you so much jlyang, you save me now.

ps93

May 10, 2023
Just an update on my situation.

So on Saturday, I stumbled upon a thread here in the forum (I can't find it anymore but it was a thread on how to request an extension for PPR submission) and somewhere in the replies, one of the people mentioned that we should try to email CIC Ottawa as well, aside from sending a message via the CIC webform. So I decided to send an email to CIC Ottawa explaining my situation from the beginning and attaching the same files I attached in the webform.

CIC Ottawa replied to me today saying that they are granting me an extension to submit my passport. Thank God I saw that thread and emailed CIC Ottawa. T^T So now, I can freely travel on May 8 and submit my passport to the closest VAC office after I come back.

So anyone in the future in a similar situation, I suggest you just try to contact CIC and CIC Ottawa (do both) as soon as possible and explain your situation. They will understand if your reasons are legitimate and grant an extension. :)

Hi, COuld you share what email you are using, as I emailed Ottawa, and my email bounced back, saying I am not permitted to email this address. I am in similar situation and cannot submit my passport.