01-2014
Med's Done....
01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 4th 2014
Hi,

I have got the PPR request in the email...

CIC has given timefram to submit passport within 60 days. below are my questions:

1) My wife's passport will expired in next 8 months, is it okay to renew her passport and send to CIC from USA
2) I am planning to change her name in the passport from maiden to married, is it advisiable
3) I haven't been ask for the photographs, is it okay?

Thanks in advance...

tom16

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffallo Transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
xxxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-2011
AOR Received.
First AOR 12-1010
IELTS Request
sent with the doc
Med's Request
01-2014
Med's Done....
01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 4th 2014
Seniors please advise...

Thalia

Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO: 4 June 2011
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
Depends if you are in a hurry to land or not.

1. If she renews her passport, you have to inform the Visa Office first, and send the new passport's details. She can renew her passport at the embassy, once in Canada.
2. No, it's not advisable at this stage. It will delay you, she will have to fill in applications again. It would be better if it was done before you applied, or now better after she becomes Canadian citizen.
3. Because you sent enough pics with your initial application, they are going to use those ones.

sumuduep

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
09-2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-2012
IELTS Request
Send along with application
File Transfer...
02-2012
Med's Request
09-2013
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
tom16 said:
Hi,

I have got the PPR request in the email...

CIC has given timefram to submit passport within 60 days. below are my questions:

1) My wife's passport will expired in next 8 months, is it okay to renew her passport and send to CIC from USA
2) I am planning to change her name in the passport from maiden to married, is it advisiable
3) I haven't been ask for the photographs, is it okay?

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

1) My wife's passport will expired in next 8 months, is it okay to renew her passport and send to CIC from USA: Refer your e-mail attached information form. That clearly show Passport specifications. Passport should valid 12 month from your Medical date.
2) I am planning to change her name in the passport from maiden to married, is it advisiable: No..No...No...It's tooo late.
3) I haven't been ask for the photographs, is it okay? : Refer same (as above Q1) information form for get the Specification for passport. You take old photo which is submitted with your application. Then scan & edit as per specification. There no time specified for photo.

SP

Thalia

Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO: 4 June 2011
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
Since you already got PPR, it is obvious that you finished with medicals a while back, all docs are fine and they are giving you the green light.
The COPR will expire a year from meds or when passport expires.
That's why I said that it depends if you are in a hurry or not. Are you going to land immediately after receiving the visa?
You've been waiting almost 4 years for this moment!
I would suggest to send the passports to the VO asap, get them back hopefully soon and land with no further delay.
You can decide if you want to stay permanently (then your wife renews the passport at the embassy), or go back home for a while before the big move (then your wife renews her passport there).
Still, it's up to you....

tom16

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffallo Transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
xxxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-2011
AOR Received.
First AOR 12-1010
IELTS Request
sent with the doc
Med's Request
01-2014
Med's Done....
01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 4th 2014
Thank you for your valuable responses...

I am currently in the US (on H1B visa) and we have just converted my wife's F1 visa before the medical request (as we are not aware that will going to get PPR). We are planning to land in August and will come back to US as she has to complete her study. our problem is in the time of the landing to the Canada she also has to go trough F1 visa stamp with US consulate and it requires minimum 6 month of passport validity( expired in 10th Nov 2014)

Looks like better option is to renew her passport as is(without maiden to married) and send to CIC...appreciate your thoughts...... If I will renew with the same name still I need to inform to CIC before I apply....

They have mention below in the PPR request:

We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well.
Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must obtain an ordinary passport.