+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR processing time from Dubai

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hello All,

CIC had requested my passport to be submitted to a Visa application center so I will submit my passport to VFS in Dubai on Monday 31st July. i am a bit worried because i will be travelling in end september and I will need my passport. does anyone know how long it will take them to return back my passport? has anyone recently been asked to submit their passports in Dubai? how long did it take to get it back?

Thank you

ibimmer

Jun 8, 2017
Congrats. Could you please post your timeline and country of origin? I presume you're FSW?

I reckon visa stamping will take 2-3 week.

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Congrats. Could you please post your timeline and country of origin? I presume you're FSW?

I reckon visa stamping will take 2-3 week.
thank you for your reply.

yes, it is FSW. below is my timeline:

7th Mar 2017 - medical done
9th Mar 2017- AOR
18th Jul -PPR

NidhiCB

Jan 11, 2017
UAE
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
30-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-08-2017
Hello All,

CIC had requested my passport to be submitted to a Visa application center so I will submit my passport to VFS in Dubai on Monday 31st July. i am a bit worried because i will be travelling in end september and I will need my passport. does anyone know how long it will take them to return back my passport? has anyone recently been asked to submit their passports in Dubai? how long did it take to get it back?

Thank you
Hi Dana. Congratulations! It should be done in 4 weeks. Some people have got their passports back in about 33 days. So you should be fine with a trip in September. I got my PPR today. Just wanted to know- Did you submit a form with your contact information or did you just write it down on a sheet of paper or as a letter and submit it? Also, were there any fees due to IRCC? My understanding so far is that we only need to pay VFS processing fees. I'd appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hi Dana. Congratulations! It should be done in 4 weeks. Some people have got their passports back in about 33 days. So you should be fine with a trip in September. I got my PPR today. Just wanted to know- Did you submit a form with your contact information or did you just write it down on a sheet of paper or as a letter and submit it? Also, were there any fees due to IRCC? My understanding so far is that we only need to pay VFS processing fees. I'd appreciate your inputs. Thanks.
Hello. Just to let you know, i got a msg yesterday from vfs that my passport is ready for collection and i will go collect it today.
I didn't submit anything for contact information. All i gave to vfs was my passport, the cic email and 2 pics as per the specifications required that's it.
If you have already pre-paid the fees of issuing copr before when u first submitted you application then yes there is nothing u need to pay other than vfs fees.
Good luck :D

NidhiCB

Jan 11, 2017
UAE
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
30-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-08-2017
Hello. Just to let you know, i got a msg yesterday from vfs that my passport is ready for collection and i will go collect it today.
I didn't submit anything for contact information. All i gave to vfs was my passport, the cic email and 2 pics as per the specifications required that's it.
If you have already pre-paid the fees of issuing copr before when u first submitted you application then yes there is nothing u need to pay other than vfs fees.
Good luck :D
Thanks for the info. Excellent news that your passport is on its way back! How many days did it take? All the best to you too!

NidhiCB

Jan 11, 2017
UAE
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
30-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..