+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR - postal delay...pls HELP...its urgent

maverick601

Oct 4, 2007
Hi guys,

I just joined this great forum today...

Hope that you guys can help me out here..

My wife and I are both in Canada on work permits...we applied for immigration last may...recently last week we emailed Buffalo office and got the good news..that our PPR has been sent as of 3 weeks ago..

Now...the problem is..its already been more than 3 weeks (22 days to be exact) and I havent received it yet...damn postal delays...

i know that there is a 1 month deadline to submit our passports ...any ideas what to do...

has any of u been in this situation before... pls reply and pls suggest as to what should / can I do..

i emailed buffalo to send me the letter via fax, but they replied back that they cannot as they need to send an envelope with the letter. hence i again sent them an email that could they please re-send the letter...havent received any reply back..

pls pls help as to what to do now..

your help is really needed and appreciated...

Regards,

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
Hopefully, you would have received it by now.

Here's my advice on what you should do when you finally receive it:

You can either do one of two things -

1. Mail the passports via Canada Post - unfortunately, Buffalo requires Canada Post and nothing else - and use the utmost express mail guarantee requiring proof of delivery, receipt of confirmation, signature required, and signature confirmation - to save your skin. Also, don't forget to include another prepaid utmost expressed mail at least requiring proof of delivery to your own address so that you will receive your processed passports back in a timely fashion.

or

2. If you are originally from a visa exempt country, fly in to Buffalo and pick up your passports ASAP - immediately after you are in receipt of the PPR. Plan your trip to Buffalo so that you will arrive at the Buffalo Consulate by 7:30 a.m. in the morning on the days prescribed on your PPR. The Consulate opens at 8:00 a.m.

If you can't do option 2, then you are only left with praying, Option 1, and your fingers crossed.

If you can do option 2, then by all means do so - I am in the U.S. about 350 miles from Buffalo, and I picked up my passport.

maverick601 said:
Hi guys,

I just joined this great forum today...

Hope that you guys can help me out here..

My wife and I are both in Canada on work permits...we applied for immigration last may...recently last week we emailed Buffalo office and got the good news..that our PPR has been sent as of 3 weeks ago..

Now...the problem is..its already been more than 3 weeks (22 days to be exact) and I havent received it yet...damn postal delays...

i know that there is a 1 month deadline to submit our passports ...any ideas what to do...

has any of u been in this situation before... pls reply and pls suggest as to what should / can I do..

i emailed buffalo to send me the letter via fax, but they replied back that they cannot as they need to send an envelope with the letter. hence i again sent them an email that could they please re-send the letter...havent received any reply back..

pls pls help as to what to do now..

your help is really needed and appreciated...

Regards,