+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR - Passport submitted but returned without stamped or Landing letter...!!

sarvesh87

Jul 31, 2014
Hello All,

I had received the PPR and was asked to submit the passport for Permanent Residency application. I did submit the passport with all the required documents and followed all the prerequisites to submit the passport as mentioned in the PPR letter and the Photo Specification guide. However, i got my passport back within a week and came without stamping or landing letter; it neither has any letter from CIC explaining the reason behind this. Even my My CIC account says the eligibility review in progress and background check in progress too. I have already sent an email to the Canada visa office in Delhi India, but no reply since a week now.

Does anyone faced such issue or familiar with such a case?. In inputs on how to deal with such a mishap?

Thanks

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
sarvesh87 said:
Hello All,

I had received the PPR and was asked to submit the passport for Permanent Residency application. I did submit the passport with all the required documents and followed all the prerequisites to submit the passport as mentioned in the PPR letter and the Photo Specification guide. However, i got my passport back within a week and came without stamping or landing letter; it neither has any letter from CIC explaining the reason behind this. Even my My CIC account says the eligibility review in progress and background check in progress too. I have already sent an email to the Canada visa office in Delhi India, but no reply since a week now.

Does anyone faced such issue or familiar with such a case?. In inputs on how to deal with such a mishap?

Thanks
It must be a mistake. Write an LOE and resubmit it via VFS. Let the VFS guys know about it.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Resubmit it, pronto.
As an aside, may I know what the timeline of the passport submission and its return was?

Reactions: Manvir sungh

Can27

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Done....
28-02-2016
Passport Req..
19-09-2016
Must be a mistake. Did u check visa stamping before leaving vfs and asked vfs?

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
sarvesh87 said:
Hello All,

Thanks
Do all the passport you have submitted have 1. enough blank pages / 2. 1 yr+ validity ?

_Xanadu_

Sep 29, 2016
MrTee said:
Do all the passport you have submitted have 1. enough blank pages / 2. 1 yr+ validity ?
Good point.
But it seems he mentioned "followed all the prerequisites to submit the passport as mentioned in the PPR letter and the Photo Specification guide."

Can27

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Done....
28-02-2016
Passport Req..
19-09-2016
Anyone know what happened to this application?

p_bh_parekh

Nov 20, 2014
sarvesh87 said:
Hello All,

Thanks

This is really strange. I wish you get you passport with visa stamp this time after resubmitting it on 29 Sept. And please share the issue/consequences for the reason behind this issue. So that others may take precaution.

But this time, we wish all good luck to you.

Please do share your experience.

sarvesh87

Jul 31, 2014
Hello Everyone

I did receive my passport back today and it is stamped now. I don't know the reason why it was not stamped earlier, I did all the things exactly same as I did before, but only this time went to submit the passport by myself and made sure VFS did all the stuff crystal clear; last time it was submitted by my Agent. I believe, last time there was some administrative goof up from VFS or Canada high commission in Delhi India.

All Express entry process ended in 7 months.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
sarvesh87 said:
Hello Everyone

I did receive my passport back today and it is stamped now. I don't know the reason why it was not stamped earlier, I did all the things exactly same as I did before, but only this time went to submit the passport by myself and made sure VFS did all the stuff crystal clear; last time it was submitted by my Agent. I believe, last time there was some administrative goof up from VFS or Canada high commission in Delhi India.

All Express entry process ended in 7 months.
That's a relief, at least it was rectified with no other issues. Congrats.

Can27

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Done....
28-02-2016
Passport Req..
19-09-2016
Congratulations buddy. Happy to see this sorted.

Krush88

Jul 14, 2015
Hi All,

I have submitted passport on 03-OCT-2016 and I have not informed CIC regarding pregnancy of my wife which was post medical (currently 23 week).

Can anyone tell, it's it compulsory to inform them.

My agent suggested do not inform them and once visa is issued fly to canada ASAP.

Joy4CA

Jul 26, 2017
Hi All,

I have submitted passport on 03-OCT-2016 and I have not informed CIC regarding pregnancy of my wife which was post medical (currently 23 week).

Can anyone tell, it's it compulsory to inform them.

My agent suggested do not inform them and once visa is issued fly to canada ASAP.
Hey, when did you get your passports back? Did you travel? How did it pan out for you

a.adenike

Jun 15, 2020
Hi everyone, hope you guys are staying safe.
I got my much-awaited passport back today having submitted it about 2 months ago. I was shocked to find neither CoPR nor VISA in the envelope.
Can anyone explain what's going on? Why did IRCC request for my passport if they were not going to do anything with it? I'm deeply dissatisfied. Nothing was explained.

Pra.70

Jan 14, 2021
Hi everyone, hope you guys are staying safe.
I got my much-awaited passport back today having submitted it about 2 months ago. I was shocked to find neither CoPR nor VISA in the envelope.
Can anyone explain what's going on? Why did IRCC request for my passport if they were not going to do anything with it? I'm deeply dissatisfied. Nothing was explained.
I am having this same problem. I received it today and there was neither VISA nor any additional documents. Can you please tell me what you did.