+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR instruction

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
Hello, those who are waiting for PPR please note that (from my ppr letter)

Before you submit your passport(s):
o Check that there are at least two (2) blank pages in each passport.
o Check that you have ordinary passports. Permanent resident visas for Canada cannot be issued in Diplomatic or Official passports.
o Check the expiry date of all passports. Passports should be valid for at least twelve (12) months.

Some had to renew their passport after they received ppr, so just a heads up to reduce any further delay in your journey.

Good luck ... ppr is on the way

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
MrTee said:

o Check that you have ordinary passports. Permanent resident visas for Canada cannot be issued in Diplomatic or Official passports.
o Check the expiry date of all passports. Passports should be valid for at least twelve (12) months.

Some had to renew their passport after they received ppr, so just a heads up to reduce any further delay in your journey.

Hey Mr. Tee,

Congrats for your visa. I just noticed a difference between your and my PPR request letter. Yours says your passport should be valid for 12 months whereas mine is 6 months only. Does this mean that your visa is valid for 12 months and mine will be only 6 months?

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
sookie85 said:
Hey Mr. Tee,

Congrats for your visa. I just noticed a difference between your and my PPR request letter. Yours says your passport should be valid for 12 months whereas mine is 6 months only. Does this mean that your visa is valid for 12 months and mine will be only 6 months?
I am yet to receive my copr and passport, will update once received.

Btw my letter was issued from SGVO.

anonGym

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrTee said:

my friend got ppr 2 months ago and his letter said 6 months not 12 months... his passport was due to expire in 8 months and he was able to send it and he got pr

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
anonGym said:
my friend got ppr 2 months ago and his letter said 6 months not 12 months... his passport was due to expire in 8 months and he was able to send it and he got pr
Where did your friend's ppr letter came from ?

Ok this is what my letter says, so atleast from SGVO they want 12 months.

Can please other who got their ppr can contribute about what you letter said ?

Thanks in advance.

anonGym

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrTee said:
Where did your friend's ppr letter came from ?

Ok this is what my letter says, so atleast from SGVO they want 12 months.

Can please other who got their ppr can contribute about what you letter said ?

Thanks in advance.
it said must be valid for another 6 months... his (and also mine) VO is OTTAWA since we r both inland applicants.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
Here is my question on PPR instructions:

The ppr letter says inform if there is any change in circumstances like new born or pregnancy. We are expecting baby in 4 months. But my spouse is not accompanying. Should I inform this to CIC or I should go ahead with passport submission to VFS.
If I don't inform will this cause problems at later stage ?

I am bit confused about it. Need your opinions on this.

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
cjs said:
Here is my question on PPR instructions:

The ppr letter says inform if there is any change in circumstances like new born or pregnancy. We are expecting baby in 4 months. But my spouse is not accompanying. Should I inform this to CIC or I should go ahead with passport submission to VFS.
If I don't inform will this cause problems at later stage ?

I am bit confused about it. Need your opinions on this.
You should inform CIC regarding the newborn regardless if accompanying or not. You'll have problems later on if you want to sponsor him/her. Read the instructions in the letter carefully!

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
sookie85 said:
You should inform CIC regarding the newborn regardless if accompanying or not. You'll have problems later on if you want to sponsor him/her. Read the instructions in the letter carefully!
The letter i received says

"Canada’s immigration law requires that you continue to meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act throughout the immigration process up to and including the date you arrive in Canada. This means you are required to inform this office, in writing, of any of the following circumstances. Failure to inform our office of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.

✔ A change in your marital status (marriage, separation, divorce, etc.)

✔ A change in your family size (birth or death of a child or spouse, etc.)

✔ A criminal charge or conviction for you or any member of your family

✔ Death of your sponsor (Family Class applications only)

✔ A change in your health

✔ A change in your contact information (mailing address, email, telephone number, etc.)"

But it does not say about pregnency, so i think you have to notify them once the baby is born

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
MrTee said:

"Canada’s immigration law requires that you continue to meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act throughout the immigration process up to and including the date you arrive in Canada. This means you are required to inform this office, in writing, of any of the following circumstances. Failure to inform our office of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.

✔ A change in your contact information (mailing address, email, telephone number, etc.)"

But it does not say about pregnency, so i think you have to notify them once the baby is born
Mr. Tee,

Did your spousd undergo the medical examinations. If yes she did not do the chest x-ray as it is not allowed during the pregnancy, and CIC already knows that your spouse is pregnant, no?

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
MrTee said:

Thanks MrTree, My PPR letter says: Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement

That is why thinking, what to do...

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
cjs said:
Thanks MrTree, My PPR letter says: Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement

Simple is that, please provide the expected date of delivery.

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
cjs said:

I see, different high commission has different versions of ppr letters.

MrTee

Nov 18, 2015
sookie85 said:
Mr. Tee,

Did your spousd undergo the medical examinations. If yes she did not do the chest x-ray as it is not allowed during the pregnancy, and CIC already knows that your spouse is pregnant, no?
sorry for the confusion, my wife is/was not pregnant

but i got your point, yes they might, even so i am not sure they would correlate these two information,

abhishekg

Jul 29, 2016
Hello All,

I have received PPR to be submitted to london VFS. But my spouse is in INDIA currently. I have sent a mail to the london immigration mail, but no response for the past 4 days.

Please advice what other methods can be adopted to fasten the process.

Also can i submit my passport in london office while waiting for a reply for spouse VAC location change?