+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR Extension request

varunmrsk

Apr 20, 2017
Hi Everyone

I am in a tricky situation. I received my PPR on 1st September and it says that i have to submit my passport within 30 days. The problem is that i live in USA and i am travelling to India on vacation on 15th Sept and won't be back until 12th October. I sent email to CIC (using email address mentioned in PPR request) explaining this and requested more time but i have not received any response so far. Since my travel date is only 1 week away, i am not sure what should i do? Should i cancel my travel plan or wait till 15th for their response?

Any suggestion/info will really help

Thank you.

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
As far as I know you can get the extension....i remember a guy in the same situation as you are...he was told that he could submit passport after travellingand they(cic) have made some note on the system for him... but make sure you get something from cic before travelling...

varunmrsk

Apr 20, 2017
Thanks for your reply jsjaspreet93. I also believe that they'll agree to extend the deadline. The only concern is if they do not respond by 15th Sept, should i cancel my current travel plan or continue with it assuming i'll get extension. :-(

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
If I were you I'd cancel or reshcedule my travel plan and wait for a response.
You can travel to India however you want afterwards but there's no point in jeopardizing your application at this stage as you are so close to the finish line.
Just my 2 cents

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Hi Everyone

I am in a tricky situation. I received my PPR on 1st September and it says that i have to submit my passport within 30 days. The problem is that i live in USA and i am travelling to India on vacation on 15th Sept and won't be back until 12th October. I sent email to CIC (using email address mentioned in PPR request) explaining this and requested more time but i have not received any response so far. Since my travel date is only 1 week away, i am not sure what should i do? Should i cancel my travel plan or wait till 15th for their response?

Thank you.
I agree with @ContactFront . Unless it's an emergency, I'd cancel or delay the trip to India. Extending your PPR deadline will only delay your application.

Reactions: manuelgh

varunmrsk

Apr 20, 2017
Thank you @ContactFront and @ashu1710.

As per my current travel plan i'll be back from India on 25th Sept but my wife and daughter will come back on 12th October. Is it possible for me to submit only my passport and my daughter's passport copy (she is US citizen) as soon as i return (current PPR deadline is 30th Sept and i can send it via Fedex overnight) and submit my wife's passport when she is back from India? Do they allow submitting dependent passports separately?

Actually i am travelling to India to take care of a personal matter and would really like to avoid cancelling/postponing my trip if there is any alternate solution.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Thank you @ContactFront and @ashu1710.

As per my current travel plan i'll be back from India on 25th Sept but my wife and daughter will come back on 12th October. Is it possible for me to submit only my passport and my daughter's passport copy (she is US citizen) as soon as i return (current PPR deadline is 30th Sept and i can send it via Fedex overnight) and submit my wife's passport when she is back from India? Do they allow submitting dependent passports separately?

Actually i am travelling to India to take care of a personal matter and would really like to avoid cancelling/postponing my trip if there is any alternate solution.
I'm not a 100% sure about this, but I think you can request that your passports be sent to different visa offices. You could send your passport and your daughter's passport copy to CPC - Ottawa and your wife could submit hers to the CHC in New Delhi. I suggest you e-mail CPC ottawa about your situation ASAP and make a decision based on their response.

varunmrsk

Apr 20, 2017
If anyone else is facing the similar situation, i received this response just now :

"Please note that a 30 day extension has been granted. The new deadline is November 1st, 2017."

PPR Received : 1st Sept 2017
Email for extension request sent : 1st Sept 2017
Reminder email for extension request sent : 8th Sept 2017
Response received : 12th Sept 2017

Extension approved for additional 30 days.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Arathy

Oct 6, 2017
If anyone else is facing the similar situation, i received this response just now :

"Please note that a 30 day extension has been granted. The new deadline is November 1st, 2017."

Can you share your timeline from ita to ppr

Canada PPR

Nov 2, 2017

Hi Varun,

Just to check, if you can share the exact email address to whom you have written to have the extension approved. I am in a similar situation and would like to write and seek an extension for the Passport submission.

Thanks in advance for your help !

blackbear88

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I’m a silent follower of this thread and it has been great to have such a community, definitely helps to remain positive.

I have a question about PPR. If the PPR email finally arrives and CIC asks to send passport copy (visa-exempt country) and the pictures, is it okay to send those from another address than the one given in our application? I will be travelling outside of my country for a month, what should I do when during that month PPR is granted? Just send the documents from the country I am travelling in or do I need to send it from the address provided in my application?

Thank you

Nebt16

Feb 15, 2018
Hi Everyone

Thank you.
Hello pls could you share what happen with your extension request? Thanks

Bukshow

Jun 30, 2018
Please I need an urgent advice I submitted an application to Canadian embassy online and it was granted but I did not see the message on time. I want to ask if they can help me resent the letter, and how can I contact them, I am from Nigeria.

ICTaspirant

May 19, 2022
I have applied for my ICT visa and have received the ppr on May 25. But I couldn’t submit the passport before June 25 as they didn’t provide me with the PPR request. Now my company has requested for PPR extension. Is there anyone in the group who can help with providing an info reg the timelines required to process in this scenario?