+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR extension for a planned trip

Shobhitg85

Nov 7, 2018
Hey, I need to seek an extension on passport submission after PPR. How should I do it and how much does CPC Ottawa takes to respond ?

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hello Guys,

Today (19th Nov), I just got an email to submit my passport for CoPR and Visa Stamping, for which I have 30 days. The email also says to inform them immediately if I cannot meet this 30 day deadline. I plan to leave for India on 23rd November, and will be back on 15th December (with a slight chance of this trip getting pushed back to a later date). The thing is my medical was done on 12th January 2019. I also understand that the medical result is valid for 1 year, i.e. 11th January 2020 (in my case).

My question is should I still request for a 30 day extension (this will mean last date of 19th January 2020) in which case the deadline would go past my medical expiry date of 11th January 2020? Has anyone experienced this situation before? How will they treat my application in this case? Also, do they require a proof like air ticket reservation or anything of that sort?

Thank you for your help in advance,

-Ajeya Gupta

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
They do not require a proof for extension. Write to them through the online forum and they will give you an extension. Also know that the deadline of the extension has nothing to do with your expiration of the medical. I would ask for an extension asap, go on the trip, come back December 15 or soon after and send them the passport right away. They will process it as they receive it regardless of your deadline.

Good luck!

Hello Guys,

Today (19th Nov), I just got an email to submit my passport for CoPR and Visa Stamping, for which I have 30 days. The email also says to inform them immediately if I cannot meet this 30 day deadline. I plan to leave for India on 23rd November, and will be back on 15th December (with a slight chance of this trip getting pushed back to a later date). The thing is my medical was done on 12th January 2019. I also understand that the medical result is valid for 1 year, i.e. 11th January 2020 (in my case).

My question is should I still request for a 30 day extension (this will mean last date of 19th January 2020) in which case the deadline would go past my medical expiry date of 11th January 2020? Has anyone experienced this situation before? How will they treat my application in this case? Also, do they require a proof like air ticket reservation or anything of that sort?

Thank you for your help in advance,

-Ajeya Gupta

Reactions: AjeyaGupta

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
They do not require a proof for extension. Write to them through the online forum and they will give you an extension. Also know that the deadline of the extension has nothing to do with your expiration of the medical. I would ask for an extension asap, go on the trip, come back December 15 or soon after and send them the passport right away. They will process it as they receive it regardless of your deadline.

Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. Lets say hypothetically, I submit my passport to IRCC after the medical expiration (after 11th Jan 2020 in my case), won't they not stamp a visa and revoke my CoPR which I should have got in the first place? Also in the email, should I mention the number of extension days required (like 30 days or 60 days or something like that), or should I let them decide the new deadline date?

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Thanks for your reply. Lets say hypothetically, I submit my passport to IRCC after the medical expiration (after 11th Jan 2020 in my case), won't they not stamp a visa and revoke my CoPR which I should have got in the first place? Also in the email, should I mention the number of extension days required (like 30 days or 60 days or something like that), or should I let them decide the new deadline date?
So at the moment you don’t have a CoPR so revoking or anything is out of question. What is likely to happen in your case is you will write them why you need the extension (just tell them your travel plans and when will you be able to send the passport, I’ll write my departure and arrival dates and request an extension accordingly). They will probably give you another month or so. It’s now up to you how soon within that deadline you submit your passport. To your point, if you do send in the passport after your presumed expiration of the medical (given that you still have time until the passport submitted deadline), it is up to them to ask for a re-medical or go with your existing documents. They will not issue your CoPR unless they are sure that all your documents are good to go. Also note that usually the CoPR is valid until the expiration of your medical so you may have to go another medical anyway. Which is good in a way because it’ll give you more room for landing as an immigrant. At this point, I would not worry about any of that, just ask for extension. Hope that helps!

Reactions: AjeyaGupta

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
So at the moment you don’t have a CoPR so revoking or anything is out of question. What is likely to happen in your case is you will write them why you need the extension (just tell them your travel plans and when will you be able to send the passport, I’ll write my departure and arrival dates and request an extension accordingly). They will probably give you another month or so. It’s now up to you how soon within that deadline you submit your passport. To your point, if you do send in the passport after your presumed expiration of the medical (given that you still have time until the passport submitted deadline), it is up to them to ask for a re-medical or go with your existing documents. They will not issue your CoPR unless they are sure that all your documents are good to go. Also note that usually the CoPR is valid until the expiration of your medical so you may have to go another medical anyway. Which is good in a way because it’ll give you more room for landing as an immigrant. At this point, I would not worry about any of that, just ask for extension. Hope that helps!
Thanks @momemon once again for your reply. I think I am just going to drop them an email with a request to extend the deadline. Since, the new deadline will now be post/after 'presumed medical expiration', hopefully, they will ask me to redo the medicals again (which I am fine to do), which will give me additional time to come to Canada (which again should not be a problem, since I live very close to Canada in Michigan anyway).

Its good and useful information that my actual application approval (where I submitted all the documents) is nothing to do with the medical expiry date. And that I may have an option to re-do my medicals again if I do not manage to submit my passport before the medical expiry.

Reactions: 5CS

AUserS

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Thanks @momemon once again for your reply. I think I am just going to drop them an email with a request to extend the deadline. Since, the new deadline will now be post/after 'presumed medical expiration', hopefully, they will ask me to redo the medicals again (which I am fine to do), which will give me additional time to come to Canada (which again should not be a problem, since I live very close to Canada in Michigan anyway).

Its good and useful information that my actual application approval (where I submitted all the documents) is nothing to do with the medical expiry date. And that I may have an option to re-do my medicals again if I do not manage to submit my passport before the medical expiry.
Hi, did you get extension. Did they ask for any other proofs? It will be of great help if you can briefly explain the procedure you followed. I know that is already posted in the thread but yours is the latest case :)

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hi, did you get extension. Did they ask for any other proofs? It will be of great help if you can briefly explain the procedure you followed. I know that is already posted in the thread but yours is the latest case :)
Hello,

Yes, i got a 2 month extension to submit my passport without any hassles. I wrote an email to them explaining my situation that I am travelling back home to India, and that there might be a situation where I'll have to extend my trip. Additionally, I also attached my air ticket (just in case) in the email. I got a reply from the officer within 3 hours saying that my deadline has been extended.

Hope this helps

Reactions: AUserS

AUserS

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hello,

Yes, i got a 2 month extension to submit my passport without any hassles. I wrote an email to them explaining my situation that I am travelling back home to India, and that there might be a situation where I'll have to extend my trip. Additionally, I also attached my air ticket (just in case) in the email. I got a reply from the officer within 3 hours saying that my deadline has been extended.

Hope this helps
Thank you so much for reply :) i have also planned trip for January and waiting for ppr.

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hi All,

Maybe my questions are already answered somewhere in this thread, but i wasnt able to find the answers that I was looking for. Hence, I have the following questions.
1. I got a request from IRCC to submit my passport for one time single entry visa and for CoPR. I plan to mail my documents using FedEx. I have read at some threads that I need to attach label invoice along with return label in my package to IRCC. What exactly is this, and is this required to be sent to IRCC along with my passport, Annex A, and return label?

2. I took my medical exam on 14th Jan 2019. Due to some reason I will not be able to send my passport to IRCC till 28th December 2019. I have already conveyed this to IRCC guys, and they have extended my original deadline of 18th December 2019 to 18th February 2020 (extension of 60 days). My question is what if they return my passport, and CoPR after 14th Jan 2020 (when my medicals would expire). Will they ask me to do another medical or simply extend the validity of existent medical by say 1 month?

Thank you community for your help in advance.

-Ajeya Gupta

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hi All,

Maybe my questions are already answered somewhere in this thread, but i wasnt able to find the answers that I was looking for. Hence, I have the following questions.
1. I got a request from IRCC to submit my passport for one time single entry visa and for CoPR. I plan to mail my documents using FedEx. I have read at some threads that I need to attach label invoice along with return label in my package to IRCC. What exactly is this, and is this required to be sent to IRCC along with my passport, Annex A, and return label?

2. I took my medical exam on 14th Jan 2019. Due to some reason I will not be able to send my passport to IRCC till 28th December 2019. I have already conveyed this to IRCC guys, and they have extended my original deadline of 18th December 2019 to 18th February 2020 (extension of 60 days). My question is what if they return my passport, and CoPR after 14th Jan 2020 (when my medicals would expire). Will they ask me to do another medical or simply extend the validity of existent medical by say 1 month?

Thank you community for your help in advance.

-Ajeya Gupta
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had a chance to look at these questions. Your help would be much appreciated.