+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR during H1b dropbox timeframe

cdDream181

May 12, 2022
Hello everyone,

Reposting here for visibility, apologies for the duplicate post but I need a solution soon!

If this has been asked before, please point me to a relevant thread if it was already answered.

I think I'm close to PPR stage as re-medical and schedule A are both done.

I have a problem that I will need to apply for H1B renewal through drop box during September 1, but If I get PPR request in August with 30 day window - I might not be able to send my passport as I'm afraid I might not get it back in time for the drop box appointment.

I read that we can request an extension if we have a valid reason, is H1B appointment a valid reason? If so what kind of proof should we submit?

If anyone has been in this situation before or if you have any advice, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

cdDream181

May 12, 2022
Bumping this, Just as I feared, I got my PPR (for which i'm extremely grateful and happy) and I have been asked to send my passport. But have my H1B visa appointment on August 30, it will take 2 to 3 weeks to get the passport back after that. My wife's appointment is on october 22 and it will take another 2-3 weeks to get her passport. After this we need to travel back to USA and then respond to the PPR. What should we do in this situation? @legalfalcon any advice? What would be the best way to inform IRCC about this situation?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Bumping this, Just as I feared, I got my PPR (for which i'm extremely grateful and happy) and I have been asked to send my passport. But have my H1B visa appointment on August 30, it will take 2 to 3 weeks to get the passport back after that. My wife's appointment is on october 22 and it will take another 2-3 weeks to get her passport. After this we need to travel back to USA and then respond to the PPR. What should we do in this situation? @legalfalcon any advice? What would be the best way to inform IRCC about this situation?
At this point of time you need to decide whats your priority. If you do not have any immediate or emergency travel plans better to respond to your PPR, get it done and be on safer side. If you have some urgent plans to travel outside with H1b Visa then you are in crossroads. IRCC would consider your request only under family emergency needs/ personal health emergencies, they don't care about your visa or job related stuff. Goodluck