+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

robasket3535

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Hi all,

Just wondering if it’s normal that I’m not being requested to complete a medical exam or received a medical extension? My timeline is as below:

AOR: May 2019
EE, Outland
VO: Ottawa
Re-medical: Sep 2020 passed <- I assumed it lasts one year but I didn’t receive a remedial request or extension. It’s still showing - September 22, 2020 you passed the medical exam.
Update of passport and received: Sep 2021.

Like many others, I’m one of those who’s been waiting for more than 2 years and still no PPR even if the border restrictions have eased. Hope everyone can keep faith and wish everything will be open by this year ( ・᷄ὢ・᷅ )

• Sad
Reactions: akriti91

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
Hi all,

Just wondering if it’s normal that I’m not being requested to complete a medical exam or received a medical extension? My timeline is as below:

AOR: May 2019
EE, Outland
VO: Ottawa
Re-medical: Sep 2020 passed <- I assumed it lasts one year but I didn’t receive a remedial request or extension. It’s still showing - September 22, 2020 you passed the medical exam.
Update of passport and received: Sep 2021.

Like many others, I’m one of those who’s been waiting for more than 2 years and still no PPR even if the border restrictions have eased. Hope everyone can keep faith and wish everything will be open by this year ( ・᷄ὢ・᷅ )
My Medical expired on 15th Sept, I sent them a Webform on 21st Sept asking if I should submit an upfront medical or wait for them to request. So far no response.

Reactions: robasket3535

kayveesin

Sep 24, 2019
congrats! can you please share your timeline? plus are you fsw or pnp?
Decided to apply for immigration: Nov, 2018
IELTS Exam, WES Complete and EE Profile creation: March 2019
Lost hope for clearing cutoff with 435 points
Got lucky and Received OINP invitation(pnp) (cut off was 435 for the programme) : Aug 2019
PNP points awarded and application picked up in draw: Jan 2020
AOR: Feb 1, 2020
Biometrics: Feb 19, 2020
RPRF Fee Paid: May 5, 2020
|
|
|
Long Painful Wait
|
|
|
Request for remedicals: September 3, 2021
Medical Updated: September 11, 2021
PPR Email: Oct 12, 2021

So much has been done and there is still a long road ahead to reach and start a life in Canada. Somewhere along this journey I lost that excitement and reason to move to a new country. My life has changed since I started this effort. Now, I work at one of the FAANG companies, that pays decent. I have a partner who is not too optimistic to move. I dedicate some time and resource in animal welfare which makes me feel good. There is no dearth of opportunities to grow financially around me. Life is good.

It has been 7 days since I received a mail and I started acting on it last night. 2 years 'younger me' would be filled with joy and excitement reading this mail. But that is not the case now. I have spent close to 3 years planning all this and assuming covid does not return it is probably going to take another year to settle down in Canada. Looking back, I question, was it worth spending a major chunk of your life's prime time immigrating?

I would like to hear some of the stories and experiences of you folks.

Adam Tsao

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
Got lucky and Received OINP invitation(pnp) (cut off was 435 for the programme) : Aug 2019
|
|
|
Long Painful Wait
|
|
|

So much has been done and there is still a long road ahead to reach and start a life in Canada. Somewhere along this journey I lost that excitement and reason to move to a new country. My life has changed since I started this effort. Now, I work at one of the FAANG companies, that pays decent. I have a partner who is not too optimistic to move. I dedicate some time and resource in animal welfare which makes me feel good. There is no dearth of opportunities to grow financially around me. Life is good.

It has been 7 days since I received a mail and I started acting on it last night. 2 years 'younger me' would be filled with joy and excitement reading this mail. But that is not the case now. I have spent close to 3 years planning all this and assuming covid does not return it is probably going to take another year to settle down in Canada. Looking back, I question, was it worth spending a major chunk of your life's prime time immigrating?

thank you for your replay! I know people and things might change in 2-3 years, i mean changing a lot. it is really hard for us to make decisions now.

Reactions: ArJee

meenumathew

Jan 9, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
07/02/2020
Med's Done....
Twice
|
|
|
Long Painful Wait
|
|
|

Congrats
Which was your VO? and did u apply from India?

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
|
|
|
Long Painful Wait
|
|
|

Cheer up buddy, finally u made it. So, it takes 1 month for ppr after MP... I should wait for other 2wks. Ps: Province accepted my oid pnp file 1.1.2018, aor may 2019, I am approaching 4yrs.. :(

Reactions: kayveesin

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
FIngers crossed for Ottawa folks. The moment I get CoPR I'm going to drop absolutely everything and take the next flight out to land just out of sheer spite

james.ks

Mar 15, 2015
Any FSW applicants having AOR Nov 2019 or before got remedicals request or PPR in these days..? Have they started to process FSW Outland applicants.. Kindly share experience..

meenumathew

Jan 9, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
07/02/2020
Med's Done....
Twice
Anyone with AOR after feb 2020 and VO New Delhi received PPR?