+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Hi everyone, no FSW-O PPRs have been issued after 17th June. When do you all think PPRs will be processed? Especially for files that are approved?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Hi everyone, no FSW-O PPRs have been issued after 17th June. When do you all think PPRs will be processed? Especially for files that are approved?
I think it is impossible to say. I would not expect anything before borders fully reopen.

Reactions: ArJee

tahashanouha

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Beirut
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
28-09-2020
Why are they issuing Copr only for the people residing in US? Any other FSW-O applicant got their Copr recently who’s not residing in US?
My AOR is February 9th, 2020.
My file has been approved according to GCMS note, but still nothing.
Thats exactly what I noticed. I've been approved as well. And im just waiting.

If they opened the borders then why not issue PPR's for approved people

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
That’s what i don’t understand either! This long wait is really frustrating!
Agree, it seems they are only issuing CoPRs for applicants based in the US and UK. Totally discriminating to other countries which also applied.

Also, those with CoPRs can already enter Canada. So i don't think opening the borders will make Canada issue CoPRs to other applicants.

People should understand that the CoVid-19 pandemic will not end in the near future, but we have already minimized the risks it has entailed to us.

Niloo-ra

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Agree, it seems they are only issuing CoPRs for applicants based in the US and UK. Totally discriminating to other countries which also applied.

Also, those with CoPRs can already enter Canada. So i don't think opening the borders will make Canada issue CoPRs to other applicants.

People should understand that the CoVid-19 pandemic will not end in the near future, but we have already minimized the risks it has entailed to us.
Exactly. Canada has already has certain criterias to be able to land in the country anyway, So i don’t understand why are they issuing Copr only for certain countries.
The whole thing just doesn’t make any sense.
Their borders are open and they seem to be having the pandemic under control as well .

Reactions: ArJee

tahashanouha

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Beirut
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
28-09-2020
Exactly. Canada has already has certain criterias to be able to land in the country anyway, So i don’t understand why are they issuing Copr only for certain countries.
The whole thing just doesn’t make any sense.
Their borders are open and they seem to be having the pandemic under control as well .
I swear IRCC are like a black locked box that no one understands.

Why would they approve people from the US and UK (first world countries)

when there's people like me living in a shit hole 3rd even 4th world country at this point who actually needs a new start

Bathna33

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-06-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2021
Med's Done....
18-11-2021
Passport Req..
07-01-2022
Hello All,

FSW-O PNP applicant. US resident, Indian citizen
Mar-2020 AOR

We received our CoPR on July 12.

Keep your hopes high, we will get there

Cheers :)

Yay! Congratulations! Was your application by any chance in VO Ottawa?

Reactions: Going2Can

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Guys, stop obsessing on this US thing. First, not all US applicants are receiving PPR: for example I am waiting since February 2020, like many of you. Secondarily, there are agreements between Canada and US regarding biometrics, police reports and security which make the processing faster. Thirdly, in US biometrics appointments reopened on July 13th 2020 and medical exams never stopped.

Please stop this "discrimination" narrative, it is not accurate and it does not help anyone.

dexco

May 13, 2020
Guys, stop obsessing on this US thing. First, not all US applicants are receiving PPR: for example I am waiting since February 2020, like many of you. Secondarily, there are agreements between Canada and US regarding biometrics, police reports and security which make the processing faster. Thirdly, in US biometrics appointments reopened on July 13th 2020 and medical exams never stopped.

Please stop this "discrimination" narrative, it is not accurate and it does not help anyone.
Agreed. I’m born and raised in the US, applied in Feb 2020, and am still waiting like most everyone here.

tahashanouha

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Beirut
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
28-09-2020

Must be hard waiting in the US