Eligibility: in progress

Security: Not started

Criminality: in progress

Info sharing: Complete

No adverse informations

Biometrics: Cancelled/ Error

Got an ADR again: Schedule A ..

Going to take another year I guess.. lol
Please, how does one request for these GCMS notes???

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I am seriously considering withdrawing my application. There's no indication of Canada removing travel restriction on economic category this year. I don't have the energy and mental strength to hopelessly wait for another year.

Now with further strict restrictions (hotel and whatnot) and clearly saying they will only process applications that meet travel restrictions, Canada has explicitly made clear our emigration to Canada isn't an essential travel at the moment.

Our family can NO longer make long term decisions because of the ongoing PR application implications IF it is suddenly approved. These decisions include investing in businesses, new house/land, having children, etc... WHY SHOULD I SACRIFICE ALL OF THAT FOR SOMEONE WHO THREAT US THIRD CLASS? Hell with them. I'll start the procedure with my LVO on Monday. It is better not to waste another year with them.

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
I am seriously considering withdrawing my application. There's no indication of Canada removing travel restriction on economic category this year. I don't have the energy and mental strength to hopelessly wait for another year.

Now with further strict restrictions (hotel and whatnot) and clearly saying they will only process applications that meet travel restrictions, Canada has explicitly made clear our emigration to Canada isn't an essential travel at the moment.

Our family can NO longer make long term decisions because of the ongoing PR application implications IF it is suddenly approved. These decisions include investing in businesses, new house/land, having children, etc... WHY SHOULD I SACRIFICE ALL OF THAT FOR SOMEONE WHO THREAT US THIRD CLASS? Hell with them. I'll start the procedure with my LVO on Monday. It is better not to waste another year with them.
I feel your pain brother. I've put my own life on hold since 2019. Getting married, setting up business, buying a home, elderly parents that are stuck alone in India, I myself am stuck in the middle east. I can't expand my construction business or take on any new big projects (the rare few that are still there) cuz i can't commit to 2-3 yrs in the future. So i'm stuck in this miserable rut.

I'd say, hang in there. Having spent all this time, a few more months won't hurt. The vaccines are here, they are being rolled out so things will improve for sure. Giving up now after having put all this time time and effort and the mental anguish, give it a few more months.

You're not alone. Literally thousands of us are here in the stupid boat with you!!

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
I feel your pain brother. I've put my own life on hold since 2019. Getting married, setting up business, buying a home, elderly parents that are stuck alone in India, I myself am stuck in the middle east. I can't expand my construction business or take on any new big projects (the rare few that are still there) cuz i can't commit to 2-3 yrs in the future. So i'm stuck in this miserable rut.

I'd say, hang in there. Having spent all this time, a few more months won't hurt. The vaccines are here, they are being rolled out so things will improve for sure. Giving up now after having put all this time time and effort and the mental anguish, give it a few more months.

You're not alone. Literally thousands of us are here in the stupid boat with you!!
Good luck my friend to you and @nns14 thats true mental strength and dedication; I really hope you guys see the light out of all this crazy situation; Covid really messed up with people lives ; safety and plans.

I m sure you guys will get the good news sooner or later. Hang in there

kayvee29

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hello guys,

I've got remed request on 1st February and done on 4th February and passed on 10th February.
Question is on what time should I supposed to have PPR?
Any guesses?

Btw AOR 3RD OCTOBER.
SINP EXPRESS ENTRY.
Meds got extended till March 2021.

Thanks,
Pratik.
When you got the remed request, what was the time limit to get it done? Earlier it was 30 days, is it the same now or they have extended for 60 or 90 days?
Also, you mentioned passed your med on 10th Feb, and again you have mentioned meds extended till Mar 2021. Bit confused.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
The point about non essential travellers I believe refers to Canadian snowbirds who have gone on vacation. I haven't come across any news on Canada opening its borders for post 18th March COPR holders and other non essential travellers.

pratikz

Star Member
Aug 14, 2020
When you got the remed request, what was the time limit to get it done? Earlier it was 30 days, is it the same now or they have extended for 60 or 90 days?
Also, you mentioned passed your med on 10th Feb, and again you have mentioned meds extended till Mar 2021. Bit confused.
Hello @kayvee29 ,

I've got request on 1st of February for remeds and the duration window was 90 days.
And the validity of meds till March 2021 was auto extended meds which were extended on September 2020. So basically my meds were valid till March 2021 but still I've got remed request on 1st February.

Thanks,
Pratik.