+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
I agree with you, i believe that having a Covid vaccination prior to landing might just become one of the requirements. I don't think that's a bad idea or unwarranted. Although the Vaccinations are being administered on a priority basis, for eg, in Canada Ontario, the vaccines will be available to everyone by Aug (3rd Phase, https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccines-ontario? ), other countries are also administrating the doses the same way so it might be a while before we all get Vaccinated.
So 2020 and 2021 can pretty much end being a write off. Covid is nowhere near under control and stupid A*#holes who are refusing to wear a mask or are not following social distancing are keeping it alive.
I don't know how long i can keep my life on hold, i can't establish myself where i am and am uncertain if my visa will even come thru or not!! I dunno man.
Yes the plan is the same in every other Countries apart from the US who started vaccination for everyone I think but not sure , but for every other countries young and healthy people will get vaccinated the lastest , in France and Portugal for example around September 2021, and the EU want to make a sanitary passport mandatory to travel.

So as you said in your post , 2021 is already a write off , unless Canada surprise us with an out of nowhere plan, despite everything I still can't see how they will keep out new COPRs of end 2019 2020 and 2021 , first of all the numbers of COPRs by end 2021 would be huge more than 500 k if they keep the ban , and as we know COPRs expire after a certain time , so how they would manage renewing such a high number of COPRs while keeping on draws and processing AORs ? Its an absolute nightmare to handle and surely IRCC officials are not that stupid ? Having backlogs for AORs then on top of it having a backlog for PPR then on top of these two having a huge backlog of managing COPRs extension or renewals would be quickly unmanageable, so let's wait and see.

Reactions: Hchadda

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
No updates.. just the long wait...
Meanwhile draws keep happening...
I ve read many threads of people successfully landing despite the ban; with an AL for family/or even extended family I even saw people landing without any troubles even without AL and family links in Canada.

But is it really worth it in those economically challenging times to land now ? It would make sense for the IT industry guys as it is still easy to get hired but for the non IT related NOCs it would be very very hard to land a job.

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Just checked the CIC portal.. the timeline bar (which had a 100-day timeline.. and which said my application is delayed..) is gone..
is this same for everyone?

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Just checked the CIC portal.. the timeline bar (which had a 100-day timeline.. and which said my application is delayed..) is gone..
is this same for everyone?
Yes it’s gone. But this happened previously as well I guess a couple of days / weeks back.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I agree with you, i believe that having a Covid vaccination prior to landing might just become one of the requirements. I don't think that's a bad idea or unwarranted. Although the Vaccinations are being administered on a priority basis, for eg, in Canada Ontario, the vaccines will be available to everyone by Aug (3rd Phase, https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccines-ontario? ), other countries are also administrating the doses the same way so it might be a while before we all get Vaccinated.
So 2020 and 2021 can pretty much end being a write off. Covid is nowhere near under control and stupid A*#holes who are refusing to wear a mask or are not following social distancing are keeping it alive.
I don't know how long i can keep my life on hold, i can't establish myself where i am and am uncertain if my visa will even come thru or not!! I dunno man.
The immigrants are the least risky category due to age and health. And even in their own data, international travel is the least of cause for COVID-19 transmission within Canada. So, the virus has very, very less chance of hospitalizing us and we are 1.5% likely to transmit to the locals.

We are just the scapegoat. Immigrants and poor people are always the favourite scapegoats of the West.

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hello ,

Remedicals requested: December 30 2020
Remedicals done: Jan 16th 2021
Clinic submitted file with medical exams results to IRCC: Jan 25th 2021

IRCC has asked me to redo my medical exam so they can issue me a new copr and visa (as mine have expired in dec 2020 and i couldn't land before due to the travel restrictions)- i have done that 10 days ago and the clinic has uploaded my results on the system yesterday but when i check my application status under the medical section it still says :

Review of medical results
  • We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.
Any idea if this takes time to be updated on the IRCC system and to issue the new COPR? Anyone been in this situation?

Please share if in similar situation.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
Hello ,

Remedicals requested: December 30 2020
Remedicals done: Jan 16th 2021
Clinic submitted file with medical exams results to IRCC: Jan 25th 2021

IRCC has asked me to redo my medical exam so they can issue me a new copr and visa (as mine have expired in dec 2020 and i couldn't land before due to the travel restrictions)- i have done that 10 days ago and the clinic has uploaded my results on the system yesterday but when i check my application status under the medical section it still says :

Review of medical results
  • We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.
Any idea if this takes time to be updated on the IRCC system and to issue the new COPR? Anyone been in this situation?

Please share if in similar situation.

Thank you and good luck to all!
you can write an email to your visa office and attach the medical receipt, explain to them that your gckey is not showing updated information. In a week or so this will be corrected (considering your visa office is not in a country with the lockdown).

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
you can write an email to your visa office and attach the medical receipt, explain to them that your gckey is not showing updated information. In a week or so this will be corrected (considering your visa office is not in a country with the lockdown).
i will give it a few more days and do that, since my results were only uploaded on the system yesterday. Thank you for the response!

Reactions: Dell2018

Dwight-lo

Jan 19, 2021
My apologies if my comment may seem funny, but I wish to find out if any outland PPRs have been issued from Jan to April 2020. My AOR is March 2020 and VO is Dakar. Don't know if anyone has a similar situation. Medicals due to expire in March 2021

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
The immigrants are the least risky category due to age and health. And even in their own data, international travel is the least of cause for COVID-19 transmission within Canada. So, the virus has very, very less chance of hospitalizing us and we are 1.5% likely to transmit to the locals.

We are just the scapegoat. Immigrants and poor people are always the favourite scapegoats of the West.
Can't say much about international travel being the least of cause or what the transmission rate is. Technically we're not even processed yet, not a PR yet, they owe us nothing. It's bad as in our lives are on hold but I can't exactly blame them either.
All i know is that the sooner the Vaccines roll out, sooner the non masking idiots figure out their Sh*t, then sooner this pandemic can get under control and life can get back to normal (ish).
Right now all we can do is wait. For the better or worse news.