+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

Shujats

Oct 30, 2020
After 7 months in since AOR and not even a BIL received , I am moving to another country , received this week my approval for residence visa ( European country) and have an appointment on Novembre 19th to give Biometrics and passport, everything have been completed in less than two months ( applied on September 6th).

City where I m moving is ranked 10th in the world for quality of living , so I m not losing much while waiting there for Canada, IRCC and Canada didn't do much for outlanders since the 18th March restrictions and our file is not moving at all , so I m better of in a country that wanted me despite Covid and got the process move faster ( less than two months).

Good luck to everyone waiting , I will post in here when having an update about my file and/or PPR ( in many many months from now : D) thanks for everyone who have been encouraging in this thread.
would you mind sharing the name of the country you are moving two?

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
It might take a while for the next thing to happen because of this pandemic. Many applications have been finalized but no PPRs yet. So I suggest you be patient and relax and followup your application every month by either calling or sending a webform. I hope you hear something back soon though.
I would expect that there will be good news for many people very soon.
To meet their large target for 2021 IRCC are going to have to start issuing PPRs in preparation.
I predict that if they are serious about meeting the new targets then offices will begin issuing a lot of PPRs this week.

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
To meet their large target for 2021 IRCC are going to have to start issuing PPRs in preparation.
I predict that if they are serious about meeting the new targets then offices will begin issuing a lot of PPRs this week.
I also think they are planning to welcome at least some new PRs in January.

Reactions: Wotsit and ArJee

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
While I hope what you say is true, I feel this all depends on the way the pandemic goes on. With the 2nd wave in Canada and many other parts of the world, I think the bigger question in Canada and around the world would be whether to open borders / air travel with rapid testing as being called on by airlines or keep the borders closed as long as possible till it is safe to do so.
As far as the targets are concerned for 2021, I think 400k odd would anyway be the best case scenario. The low range is 300k.

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
For sure I like what you are saying but more importantly it does really make sense, if they want to achieve their target, they need to start issuing PPR's so people can start to plan on when they will move to Canada. We've seen many medical extensions or remed request, in my opinion this is the start of a wave of PPR's, of course I might be wrong but why did they extend people if not to grant PPR#s ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon
Hope you don't mind a quick question.
Today I received a GU. As per my latest GCMS note, my application was approved on October 13th and was transferred to LVO. I haven't heard anything from the LVO yet and my profile still only shows "in progress". Given that today I received a GU (I have never had any GUs before), could it mean anything? like PPR is close?

Cheers.
If your application is approved then the PPR is very close. A GU indicates some progress in your application. It is difficult to gauge what triggered it, but any movement is a good sign.

What is your LVO?

Reactions: baarsaam and pt3

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon
Hope you don't mind a quick question.
Today I received a GU. As per my latest GCMS note, my application was approved on October 13th and was transferred to LVO. I haven't heard anything from the LVO yet and my profile still only shows "in progress". Given that today I received a GU (I have never had any GUs before), could it mean anything? like PPR is close?

Cheers.
It's really hard to tell since a Ghost Update may mean anything from PPR to Medical Extension. Let's wait and see any update occurring in the next few days!!

Reactions: baarsaam

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
It's really hard to tell since a Ghost Update may mean anything from PPR to Medical Extension. Let's wait and see any update occurring in the next few days!!
yep you are right. I just asked because my case is already approved and my medicals are valid until Feb and my case has been sent to LVO so I though maybe this ghost update is an indication of PPR. But true I have to wait for the next couple of days to see if any news will come along.

Namta1828

May 5, 2020
Oct 31, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am an outlander. I received my PPR on Oct 5th, 2020 requesting me to send mine and my spouse's passports and photographs. I did send them and CPCO - Ottawa received the documents by Oct 19th. They sent back my passport within few days without any visa stamping or any COPR. They kept our photographs and my spouse's passport. I don't see any changes in my account either.

Did anyone face this type of issue before?

Does getting a Request Letter (Requesting Passports, Photos) in the EE profile means Approved COPR?
Also, I heard that due to COVID-19, there are some changes in visa stamping process once we receive the Request Letter. Does anyone has idea on that?

Reactions: syed1992

DVL

Oct 30, 2020
My Son in law is waiting for the letter from IRCC to submit his passport for stamping in India ? Any clue how long it takes to receive email /courier details Do we have to submit webform to request for this ?