+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
I think you are referring to this point right?

"For those who are registered under Canada’s Indian Act, on Monday, November 2, 2020, we will be making updates to this web page that may impact you. "

As far as I know this is part of the Indigenous peoples in Canada.
Yeah this is the one. I dunno I just guessed.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Yeah this is the one. I dunno I just guessed.
But yeah on a different note I hope that all of us get to hear some good news sooner rather than later.

With the travel restrictions extending to next month, I am honestly confused on how processing of existing applications from 2019 and 2020 will tie into the immigration plan announced for 2021-23.

Reactions: baarsaam and Wotsit

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
But yeah on a different note I hope that all of us get to hear some good news sooner rather than later.

With the travel restrictions extending to next month, I am honestly confused on how processing of existing applications from 2019 and 2020 will tie into the immigration plan announced for 2021-23.
Seeing that this year seems like a fail for their immigration targets, perhaps they will only open travel restrictions for us in January... Then we will all count towards their next targets?

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Seeing that this year seems like a fail for their immigration targets, perhaps they will only open travel restrictions for us in January... Then we will all count towards their next targets?
This is what I have been thinking. The backlog from 2019 and 2020 seems to have been added as part of the targets in 2021 and beyond. Though again the low range for the targets in 2021 is 300,000. So I guess all depends on how the pandemic keeps moving on.

Reactions: baarsaam and Wotsit

Shujats

Oct 30, 2020
As we cant travel due to extended Travel restrictions, do we need to contact IRCC via web form to look or extending COPR or they will do it by default? what is the Process to get it extended? (Any one who got COPR after 18th March?) (expired COPR holder if you guys have any info)

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
This is what I have been thinking. The backlog from 2019 and 2020 seems to have been added as part of the targets in 2021 and beyond. Though again the low range for the targets in 2021 is 300,000. So I guess all depends on how the pandemic keeps moving on.
Definitely. But from another perspective, if they want to continue this way they have to put alot of pressure on their economy. It's a tradeoff really. But my own guess is that they are counting on January for new PRs to enter Canada.

Reactions: aseemrastogi2
Oct 31, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I am an outlander. I received my PPR on Oct 5th, 2020 requesting me to send mine and my spouse's passports and photographs. I did send them and CPCO - Ottawa received the documents by Oct 19th. They sent back my passport within few days without any visa stamping or any COPR. They kept our photographs and my spouse's passport. I don't see any changes in my account either.

Did anyone face this type of issue before?

Does getting a Request Letter (Requesting Passports, Photos) in the EE profile means Approved COPR?
Also, I heard that due to COVID-19, there are some changes in visa stamping process once we receive the Request Letter. Does anyone has idea on that?

iambowcreek

Jan 23, 2020
I'm also Accra, Please did you wait for them to request a remedical or you went ahead and did it yourself? My medical expired in Feb and my spouse's expired in Sept. Thanks for the guidance and congrats!
I didn’t wait for them to inform I jus went ahead and did another medicals and uploaded although my gcms note reads that my medicals expires in august 2020 and PA might not be able to travel due to COVID 19... next step ready for approval.

so I didn’t wait I just did another medicals with my wife and submitted which they uploaded immediately.

Reactions: nns14

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Definitely. But from another perspective, if they want to continue this way they have to put alot of pressure on their economy. It's a tradeoff really. But my own guess is that they are counting on January for new PRs to enter Canada.
Yeah it sure is a tradeoff and I guess quite a difficult one especially with COVID on the other side. Hopefully the new year brings some better news for all of us.

Reactions: baarsaam

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Medical is expiring on 13 FEB. so i think they are considering only 11 month as i have compared with user "WOTSIT" in this forum.
Thank you. Actually I am submitting my passport later on today & they said i will get back with in 7 to 10 days with COPR so just trying to figure out the validity to prepare myself. I gave medical on 23rd March & passed on 9th April. Don’t know if medical expires on the day we took the medical test or the day we passed medical as per GCKey.

Reactions: Shujats

Shujats

Oct 30, 2020
Thank you. Actually I am submitting my passport later on today & they said i will get back with in 7 to 10 days with COPR so just trying to figure out the validity to prepare myself. I gave medical on 23rd March & passed on 9th April. Don’t know if medical expires on the day we took the medical test or the day we passed medical as per GCKey.
its from the day you cleared the medical exam. So most likely your COPR expiry date would be 9th March. You can track your EE Application, status should change to "approved" and you will see the "Documents Expiry date".

Reactions: gtcan19

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Medical expiry is actually on the day the medical was uploaded in the system. This will normally be between the day medical was taken and the day medical was passed. Check the GCMS notes for the exact medical expiry date.

Reactions: gtcan19

Preux

Jul 14, 2020
Hi guys
Weird thing happened to my medicals:
They expired on August so my profile was updated then and it said no need for medicals.
Now today my profile was updated again and now it reads:
  • October 30, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
At this point they don't even know what they're doing.

truelife69

May 9, 2019
Hi guys
Weird thing happened to my medicals:
They expired on August so my profile was updated then and it said no need for medicals.
Now today my profile was updated again and now it reads:
  • October 30, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
At this point they don't even know what they're doing.
It most likely means they automatically extended your medicals.