+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
Yeah I guess you should. I tell you from my own experience. No updates in my profile since Feb 2020 since I did my remedical. Multiple times I called and sent emails and webforms all the time they would just say it's in queue for final review.
My third GCMS note though (which I received 3 days ago) shows that my application is approved and my CoPR doc has been generated. And even now I see nothing on my online account. And the webforms still say they will contact me when my application is finalized :D
So good thing to order a GCMS note.
Guess I am on the same boat with you. Final decision is pending since Oct while all stages are passed

Reactions: baarsaam

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Guess I am on the same boat with you. Final decision is pending since Oct while all stages are passed
Yeah, they're taking forever to finalize applications. But you know even finzalizing applications without a clear plan to let PR applicants in is not going to make much of a difference. It would be best if they could think of something for travel resteictions.

Reactions: Tahhi

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Do you mind telling me how many dependents you have? I am also outland applicant and I just got my approval. However, I haven't received the PPR yet. I hope it doesn't mean I have to wait for 6 months to get PPR. :(
Congratulations on your approval. I have 2 dependents. They are slowly issuing the PPR to outlanders now so I hope you will get that soon. What about the active COVID cases in your country? Recently some applicant from Nigeria, Singapore, Australia received PPR & COPR. All 3 countries have low covid active cases. The country am residing has also low active case. Just my random thought but are they issuing PPR to applicant from countries with low covid cases.

Reactions: baarsaam

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
We are done!! Finally!
After a long time waiting we received our CoPR in our email yesterday!
Medicals are extended, so visa is valid untill 20 September 2021.
No authorisation to fly now, but guess we will be able somewhere in early 2021.
VO: CIO Sydney NS, CoPR issued by VO London UK.
EE FSW-O (Netherlands) with PNP Alberta, COR also Netherlands.
PA with 2 dependants (spouse and 2 year old kid)

Entered EE pool: Januari 2019 (ineligible)
2nd profile: April 2019
NOI Alberta Received: 25th September, NOC: 1311, CRS: 428, NOI Accepted: 25th september
Document Checklist Received: 26th september, Document Sent: 2nd October, Document Received: 4th October
File Number: 1st November, Nomination: 7th November, ITA received: 13th November.

eAPR / AOR: 19th December

GCMSnotes 26/7/2020 says Eligibility Passed, Criminality Passed, Security Blank

PPR email: 15th October 2020
CoPR by email: 28th October 2020

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
We are done!! Finally!

NOI Alberta Received: 25th September, NOC: 1311, CRS: 428, NOI Accepted: 25th september
Document Checklist Received: 26th september, Document Sent: 2nd October, Document Received: 4th October
File Number: 1st November, Nomination: 7th November, ITA received: 13th November.

Congratulations :)

CA98712

Dec 9, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
We are done!! Finally!

congratulations
just want to clarify that COPR will come in an email or it will be hardcopy along with stamped passport

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
After 7 months in since AOR and not even a BIL received , I am moving to another country , received this week my approval for residence visa ( European country) and have an appointment on Novembre 19th to give Biometrics and passport, everything have been completed in less than two months ( applied on September 6th).

City where I m moving is ranked 10th in the world for quality of living , so I m not losing much while waiting there for Canada, IRCC and Canada didn't do much for outlanders since the 18th March restrictions and our file is not moving at all , so I m better of in a country that wanted me despite Covid and got the process move faster ( less than two months).

Good luck to everyone waiting , I will post in here when having an update about my file and/or PPR ( in many many months from now : D) thanks for everyone who have been encouraging in this thread.

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
congratulations
just want to clarify that COPR will come in an email or it will be hardcopy along with stamped passport
We are visa exempt so didn't send our passports to be stamped.
We received CoPR by email, but not sure if we will also receive a hardcopy in next couple of days

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Ma
After 7 months in since AOR and not even a BIL received , I am moving to another country , received this week my approval for residence visa ( European country) and have an appointment on Novembre 19th to give Biometrics and passport, everything have been completed in less than two months ( applied on September 6th).

City where I m moving is ranked 10th in the world for quality of living , so I m not losing much while waiting there for Canada, IRCC and Canada didn't do much for outlanders since the 18th March restrictions and our file is not moving at all , so I m better of in a country that wanted me despite Covid and got the process move faster ( less than two months).

Good luck to everyone waiting , I will post in here when having an update about my file and/or PPR ( in many many months from now : D) thanks for everyone who have been encouraging in this thread.
Y I ask which country you are moving to?

truelife69

May 9, 2019
We are visa exempt so didn't send our passports to be stamped.
We received CoPR by email, but not sure if we will also receive a hardcopy in next couple of days
I'm assuming you had to send a copy of your passport... if so, did you receive any notification confirming that they received it? or you did you just get the ppr email after some time?

Hari aksh

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
We are done!! Finally!

Congratulations!!

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
@legalfalcon Hi
I hope you don't mind this quick question.
I just wanted to know if I can (and if it's wise) to contact my LVO and ask about PPR and CoPR issuance for my application?
The reason I'm asking this is because my application was finalized on October 13th and I still haven't heard anything from LVO.
Many thanks in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi
I hope you don't mind this quick question.
I just wanted to know if I can (and if it's wise) to contact my LVO and ask about PPR and CoPR issuance for my application?
The reason I'm asking this is because my application was finalized on October 13th and I still haven't heard anything from LVO.
Many thanks in advance.
You can surely ask that. But usually IRCC and the LVOs only provide a generic answer. But no harm in sending an email and asking that as per your information your application was finalised on October xx, and if they could provide your with the date when you can expect the passport request or if one has been sent, then date it was sent.