+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
I wonder. Are people who live in US different than people from other parts of the world? How is it that over the past few days only people from US have been receiving PPR? Whats the difference for Canadian authorities?
I think they are special, as majority of them are not following the social distancing protocols ;) Maybe the canadian authorities want to check the impact of letting in people from such a country. Who knows...

Last edited:

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
I wonder. Are people who live in US different than people from other parts of the world? How is it that over the past few days only people from US have been receiving PPR? Whats the difference for Canadian authorities?
They are authorized to land as well , this is due to the special relationship Canada have with the US , it's their first and biggest forgein partner, so there is sense in this.

However regarding PPRs I noticed a clear pattern , most PPRs are being sent to first World countries residents ( US, Australia , UK , France , Singapore, UAE ) , only a few have been from third world countries : Nigeria (their PPrs are sent from Accra office I think) and one only from Pakistan I think, maybe there is a pattern or I am looking too much into it while there is nothing and it is very random ?

Rajputkaushal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-10-2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2020
Hi, I am. Not heard anything from Ottawa since the last webform I raised in September. How via gcms notes I found out my application had been approved since March (31st). I think the Ottawa office hasn’t been responding to inquiries in the pst month so we continue to wait. Hang in there.
Yes, my case is at ottawa center and I got my gcms notes on 19 August and according to notes no movement since 5th March. Also have sent a mail to ask about current status but no reply after 10 days

IgboQueenBee

Oct 18, 2020
Hi everyone, silent follower here, first time posting. Just got my PPR on 14 Oct 2020.

Massive thank you to @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes for all your help, tips and answers. You’re both so amazing; and the world needs more selfless, wonderful people like you.

A.Type: FSW-Outland
AOR: 31 March 2020
Medicals passed: 16 June 2020
Biometrics: 7 July 2020
GCMS notes ordered: 5 Oct 2020 (not yet arrived)
PPR: 14 Oct 2020
COPR: *soon*
VO: Sydney, Australia
Country of origin: Nigeria
Country of residence: New Zealand

This application caused me so much anxiety, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. There was a lot of tears, prayers, sleepless nights, wishes, doubts etc.
So, I’m encouraging you all to please be patient. I know it’s very hard, but your time will come.
From my observation, if your application past the 3-4 months mark, you’re mostly safe; unlikely to get rejected, unless under crazy circumstances.

It’s just the waiting game now!

Thank you to canadavisa forum, for making me feel like I belong to a family/community; answering my questions.
Thanks to immigration tracker as well. If you don’t know, they summarize the journey of others as well, from AOR to PPR in a nice table.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/2020-consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application

Best wishes to you all… See you on the other side. Mwaaaaah! <3

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Hi everyone, silent follower here, first time posting. Just got my PPR on 14 Oct 2020.

Massive thank you to @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes for all your help, tips and answers. You’re both so amazing; and the world needs more selfless, wonderful people like you.

This application caused me so much anxiety, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. There was a lot of tears, prayers, sleepless nights, wishes, doubts etc.
So, I’m encouraging you all to please be patient. I know it’s very hard, but your time will come.
From my observation, if your application past the 3-4 months mark, you’re mostly safe; unlikely to get rejected, unless under crazy circumstances.

Thank you to canadavisa forum, for making me feel like I belong to a family/community; answering my questions.
Thanks to immigration tracker as well. If you don’t know, they summarize the journey of others as well, from AOR to PPR in a nice table.

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/2020-consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application

Wow congrats you got it reeeeaaaallllyyy soon!!! What were anxious about exactly may I ask?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Really happy for you, congratulations!! Thank you for sharing this post and your advice to the community about patience; it's key to making it through the application process as frequent contact for status updates via call centre, web form or Gcms Notes does not change the pace or the outcome of an application. Thanks again for the advice and all the best!

Reactions: UniSaverH

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019

Congrats on your good news. You got it at a super-fast pace!

Ann7676

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020

Congratulations!!! Thanks for information

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020

Congratulations! Very nice to start a day with hope !

Last edited:

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
They are authorized to land as well , this is due to the special relationship Canada have with the US , it's their first and biggest forgein partner, so there is sense in this.

However regarding PPRs I noticed a clear pattern , most PPRs are being sent to first World countries residents ( US, Australia , UK , France , Singapore, UAE ) , only a few have been from third world countries : Nigeria (their PPrs are sent from Accra office I think) and one only from Pakistan I think, maybe there is a pattern or I am looking too much into it while there is nothing and it is very random ?
This is an interesting observation. I wish we could know, whether this Pakistani applicant had initiated application from some developed country or his country of birth.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023

I am not debating your observation but just surprised UAE as a first world country? Wasn't aware of that

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Hi all,

I was just going through the below link which details the Immigration levels plan which was released in 2019 after the throne speech.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/committees/march-12-2020/immigration-levels-plan.html

As per this, every year from 2020 to 2022 around 91000 federal high skilled immigrants (CEC+FSW+FST) were expected to be admitted overall totaling to around 350k (including all categories) a year.

But considering this year, only around a total of 128k immigrants have arrived till August 2020, I am wondering if the numbers may be increased over the next few years when the new immigration levels plan is announced hopefully end of this month?

One factor is the huge number of ITAs given out this year and second is the pending backlog from 2019 and 2020.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cicnews.com/2020/10/canada-welcomed-11000-immigrants-in-august-2020-1016026.html/amp

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Hi all,

I was just going through the below link which details the Immigration levels plan which was released in 2019 after the throne speech.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/committees/march-12-2020/immigration-levels-plan.html

As per this, every year from 2020 to 2022 around 91000 federal high skilled immigrants (CEC+FSW+FST) were expected to be admitted overall totaling to around 350k (including all categories) a year.

But considering this year, only around a total of 128k immigrants have arrived till August 2020, I am wondering if the numbers may be increased over the next few years when the new immigration levels plan is announced hopefully end of this month?

One factor is the huge number of ITAs given out this year and second is the pending backlog from 2019 and 2020.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cicnews.com/2020/10/canada-welcomed-11000-immigrants-in-august-2020-1016026.html/amp
hopefully the mandate letter gives some clues..

>;“/

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Hi all,

Well , in the ideal scenario , the remaining missing numbers to make up the target are us who are all waiting, we are at least a major chunk of it , if they want to reach the target they would start sending PPRs by AOR date on a first who applied first that gets PPr basis , and would allow us in progressively until we all land ( that would be around March- June 2021 for late 2020 AOR).
hopefully they will not review the 2020 numbers down and cut the target , it wouldn't make sense , but they can very well lower the 2021 targets.

A final though regarding this , is why they resumed the FSW category draws that are now happening on a regular basis ? In my opinion it is simply to reach the targets and not fall behind the announced numbers

Last edited:
Reactions: ArJee and Tahhi