+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

juxta_rn

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
hi everyone

iv been a silent observer here but would like to ask for inputs on the webform iv raised last week.

there was no mentioned on eligibility status but background, security and criminality noted to be "currently valid"
what does this mean though? planning to order gcms soon perhaps. but hope anyone could shed a light on this one?

many thanks in advance.

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
The journey for this phase is over!!! All glory to God.

PPR Mail- 12th September, 2020
Passport dropped at DHL enroute Accra- 25th of September, 2020 ( Wrote several mails to find out where to submit since my country VFS does not accept passport yet. Also had to renew.

29th of September, 2020- Passport arrived VFS Accra and a mail was sent the same day that the documents have been forwarded to IRCC

5th of October, 2020- Received a call from IRCC asking whether we can travel before 31st of March, 2021. I said yes, but subject to the travel restrictions and the lady said sure.

8th of October, 2020- Mail from VFS stating that the decision envelope has been couried via courier partner (DHL). Profile was updated same day with counterfoil generated. (Passport spent 10 days in Accra)

14th of October, 2020- DHL delivers the parcel

My application was far from perfect. I did not submit POF by error till i received GCMS note in February and found out the file was parked. As at April, file was still under "review required"

Everyone will smile soon
Congratulations!

anirudh1996

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hello All, A generic query. For Indian residents, once the application is transferred to NDVO, will each stage(eligibility, background check, security, criminality) be processed or reviewed again fresh?
I am FSW-O and found out all stages are pass for me with the application at CPC office, Ottawa.
I'm wondering the same, I got conflicting answers

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
The journey for this phase is over!!! All glory to God.

PPR Mail- 12th September, 2020
Passport dropped at DHL enroute Accra- 25th of September, 2020 ( Wrote several mails to find out where to submit since my country VFS does not accept passport yet. Also had to renew.

29th of September, 2020- Passport arrived VFS Accra and a mail was sent the same day that the documents have been forwarded to IRCC

5th of October, 2020- Received a call from IRCC asking whether we can travel before 31st of March, 2021. I said yes, but subject to the travel restrictions and the lady said sure.

8th of October, 2020- Mail from VFS stating that the decision envelope has been couried via courier partner (DHL). Profile was updated same day with counterfoil generated. (Passport spent 10 days in Accra)

14th of October, 2020- DHL delivers the parcel

My application was far from perfect. I did not submit POF by error till i received GCMS note in February and found out the file was parked. As at April, file was still under "review required"

Everyone will smile soon
Amazing news , congratulations

Hopeful20

Jun 19, 2020
Hi :)

FSWO March 18th AOR here. I recently received the webform reply which had the particulars given below:

* Eligibilty met
* Background checks are valid
* Security check hasnt been initiated
* criminal check is valid
*Medicals are valid

My question is it the same as everything passed except security ? and how long does security normally takes to pass ?
Thankyou in advance to anyone willing to interpret it for me.
Hello! Have all these been updated on your profile?

F.aliu

Apr 4, 2020
Wow what a long wait. Congrats!
Wow!!! Thats a big deal... massive congratulations on that long wait!!! Thats well over 2 years, im just 16 months and im already fed up with accra office. Massive massive congrats!!! Thanks for giving us hope.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Just came across this article. Assuming this would be applicable to international borders as well?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.citynews1130.com/2020/10/14/canada-us-border-to-stay-closed-trudeau/amp/
In the same article, your question is answered:

“We see the cases in the United States and elsewhere around the world, and we need to continue to keep these border controls in place.” Trudeau said.

In my opinion, border opening is not realistic action till summer next year or end of that year.

It is all about when will they remove March 18 rule to gradually let us in.

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020

“We see the cases in the United States and elsewhere around the world, and we need to continue to keep these border controls in place.” Trudeau said.

In my opinion, border opening is not realistic action till summer next year or end of that year.

This is what I think (and I know I'm being optimistic):
1. they slowly start issuing PPRs and COPRs (they need to close on this huge backlog)
2. they gradually phase out the 18 March rule.. (bcoz they need to admit ppl and ensure jobs etc are there for all)

if they don't do the above these great immi target nos are just castles in the air...

Reactions: UniSaverH

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019

@nns14 Yeah but along with the March 18 rule they would need to start issuing the PPRs / COPRs from the backlog as well. So maybe there would be exemptions for immigrants, citizens, students etc. but general travel like tourism and all would be restricted till next year? I really hope we all get some clarity soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArJee

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
@nns14 Yeah but along with the March 18 rule they would need to start issuing the PPRs / COPRs from the backlog as well. So maybe there would be exemptions for immigrants, citizens, students etc. but general travel like tourism and all would be restricted till next year? I really hope we all get some clarity soon.
Yes, this is what I am thinking. Immigration is an essential travel so they need to except or we hope they except it soon.

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
Received our PPR just 3 hours ago!!!!!:eek:

Entered EE pool: Januari 2019 (ineligible)
2nd profile: April 2019
NOI Received: 25th September, NOC: 1311, CRS: 428, NOI Accepted: 25th september
Document Checklist Received: 26th september, Document Sent: 2nd October, Document Received: 4th October
File Number: 1st November, Provincial Nomination: 7th November, ITA received: 13th November.

eAPR / AOR: 19th December. FSW-O (COR and citizenship Netherlands)

GCMSnotes 26/7/2020 says Eligibility Passed, Criminality Passed, Security Blank

PPR: 15th october

VO Sydney NS (as far as I know), have to send our passports to London UK.

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Received our PPR just 3 hours ago!!!!!:eek:

Entered EE pool: Januari 2019 (ineligible)
2nd profile: April 2019
NOI Received: 25th September, NOC: 1311, CRS: 428, NOI Accepted: 25th september
Document Checklist Received: 26th september, Document Sent: 2nd October, Document Received: 4th October
File Number: 1st November, Provincial Nomination: 7th November, ITA received: 13th November.

eAPR / AOR: 19th December. FSW-O (COR and citizenship Netherlands)

GCMSnotes 26/7/2020 says Eligibility Passed, Criminality Passed, Security Blank

PPR: 15th october

VO Sydney NS (as far as I know), have to send our passports to London UK.
Same, just received PPR from Sydney also and have to send photos to London office also.
PNP outland, UK resident.
I am visa exempt and the letter says that I just have to upload the letter and photocopies of our passports through our online account but there is no option to upload them... Any ideas anyone?

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Same, just received PPR from Sydney also and have to send photos to London office also.
PNP outland, UK resident.
I am visa exempt and the letter says that I just have to upload the letter and photocopies of our passports through our online account but there is no option to upload them... Any ideas anyone?
Congratulations , seems like many PPRs have been sent today !

Reactions: ArJee and Wotsit