+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

Namta1828

May 5, 2020
Going by this , I presume there is a High probability that the travel restrictions will be extended for other countries as well .

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/09/canada-us-border-closure-extended-again-0915816.html#gs.gjcqmo
There's a catch in this news. I think Govt. of Canada gonna exempt immigration from non-essential travel. This is for everyone, if you read news closely, then they have stressed upon two topics one is immigration and second is non-essential travel. So for non-essential travels they have mentioned specific categories like tourism, shopping and entertainment. I may be too much optimistic but If i go by sense, then definitely there will be some good news coming in from October. At the same time Pressure is on the govt. they are issuing new ITAs since July, they cannot keep clustering the applications. They will start inviting people slowly but gradually. Lets all pray for some good news in October.

Elizabeth 01

Aug 11, 2020
There's a catch in this news. I think Govt. of Canada gonna exempt immigration from non-essential travel. This is for everyone, if you read news closely, then they have stressed upon two topics one is immigration and second is non-essential travel. So for non-essential travels they have mentioned specific categories like tourism, shopping and entertainment. I may be too much optimistic but If i go by sense, then definitely there will be some good news coming in from October. At the same time Pressure is on the govt. they are issuing new ITAs since July, they cannot keep clustering the applications. They will start inviting people slowly but gradually. Lets all pray for some good news in October.
This is a follow-on news that has previously exempted immigration from the US. The question is: Will immigration from other parts of the world be exempted as well?

It is very okay to be optimistic; I am as well and hope that the commencement of PPR issuance is in view of the coming exemption.

Unfortunately, the uncertainty is quite high

dhruv_d12

Dec 1, 2019
Hi guys,

My AOR is Jan 23. Outland applicant from Sydney, Australia. The VFS office has been open since June but there is still no update. It’s weird that they are conducting more draws every month without closing existing pending applications. Opening of any VFS does not guarantee PPR is guess. Not sure whether to expect anything this year or not.

RN-LauraB

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Australia
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05/11/2020
Hi guys,

My AOR is Jan 23. Outland applicant from Sydney, Australia. The VFS office has been open since June but there is still no update. It’s weird that they are conducting more draws every month without closing existing pending applications. Opening of any VFS does not guarantee PPR is guess. Not sure whether to expect anything this year or not.
I agree. My AOR is Nov 5th 19 and I'm in Australia too. All of my application was passed back in April with only the final decision pending (I've been placed in the Covid Group). So definitely nothing to do with the VFS office being open is my guess also. My fingers are crossed that we hear something soon!

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
This is a follow-on news that has previously exempted immigration from the US. The question is: Will immigration from other parts of the world be exempted as well?

It is very okay to be optimistic; I am as well and hope that the commencement of PPR issuance is in view of the coming exemption.

Unfortunately, the uncertainty is quite high
I do not understand your question or its relevant to Canada PPR. Most of the countries have resumed international flights to at least some capacity.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I believe it is fair analysis. And I agree with your view. I have the same feeling.

Immigration is very essential because we are coming there to settle permanently.

Reactions: ArJee and Namta1828

Shandy16

Mar 5, 2019
@legalfalcon
Hello. I would appreciate it if you could tell me what you think about my application and what I should do.
My application AOR is April 2019. As per my GCMS note everything passed (even security). Done a remedical in Feb 2020. And everytime I contact my VO or IRCC agents, they tell me my application is in queue for final officer review (for the past 5 months!!) So what should I do really? Ieverything is passed and just waiting for review? Is there anything beside contacting them that I could do to ask them to at least take a look at my file? Because it has been 17 months since I lodged my application and for the past 6 months nothing has been done on it.
We are in the same page..
Which visa office?

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi guys,

a guy in AOR October whatsapp group got his PPR today, he shared his timeline there. Here it is:

Alhumdulillah
Timeline
AOR: Oct-2019
Nationality: Pakistani
PPR: 21-September-2020
VO: Sydney, Australia

So, they are working, clearing last October files as well, your turn is on a way

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
a guy in AOR October whatsapp group got his PPR today, he shared his timeline there. Here it is:

Alhumdulillah
Timeline
AOR: Oct-2019
Nationality: Pakistani
PPR: 21-September-2020
VO: Sydney, Australia

So, they are working, clearing last October files as well, your turn is on a way
Do they issue PPRs in order of AOR dates (earliest onwards)? Or is it in order of Medical passed date?

Reactions: anirudh1996